The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

it's all over the web like a rash.

Better not mention the panic-buying which was allegedly the result of a Facebook image.  Nor the other dreaded thing spreading like a rash :(  

22 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Grace Slick could really belt out a tune; my favorite being "White Rabbit".

Indeed.  And had I been listing single songs that would almost certainly have been on the list.  

More tomorrow.  G'night all.

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I WANT ONE!!!!!:yahoo_mini:

https://rudeoffensive.com/products/due-to-unfortunate-circumstances-i-am-awake-t-shirt?variant=31078774407237&currency=GBP&utm_campaign=gs-2019-08-31&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign  

There ya go - happy to help. (Contents may differ from original image ;) )

Edited by Gwiwer
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AndyID said:

What was I just saying about anti-science?

(Although in this case it's politics trying to hide behind religion.)

How true!  How can one profess to be religious if one is a politician?  With all the lies and indiscretions committed, led mostly by our leaders how can we believe their veracity.  It will be interesting to see if Socrates Trump is toppled by his own hand.:drink_mini:  A judgment indeed!

Brian

• Like 14
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, grandadbob said:

poke to the garage about my car's orange warning light. They said it's probably battery level as I haven't been using the car but need to check it out.  It's also due for an annual service so I booked it in for Thursday.  I timed it just right phoning as up until now they've only been dealing with emergency breakdowns but are just about to email customers saying that normal servicing etc is being resumed

Some garages here are picking up and returning cars for service.  I recently availed myself of this deal which worked fine for me, closeted here at home!

Brian.

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I note that the county represented by the 8th district represents less than 0.4% of the state population and was approved to be reopened. All voting in Oregon is by mail. The deadline for posting ballots for Tuesday's elections has passed, though ballots can still be dropped off in official ballot boxes. Most ballots for Tuesday's elections are likely cast.

The State Attorney General's office has appealed the ruling. It is unclear when this will go to the supreme court of Oregon.

Ratification by the legislature might sound reasonable until you consider that the opposition in the State Senate (not from the Governor's party) has staged walk outs in the last two sessions to prevent the legally elected senate from having a quorum to vote on cap and trade measures intended to address the State's response to climate change.

Didn't you grow up under the reign of Joh B-P?   He'd have loved this kind of stuff!

Personally, I like this bit from todays WP:

Last week, Georgia’s Department of Public Health released a graph showing a dramatic, steady decline in cases, deaths and hospitalizations in the state’s five most affected counties, from a peak on April 28, just before the state’s restrictions were eased, to near zero two weeks later.

But on closer inspection, the dates on the chart showed a curious ordering: April 30 was followed by May 4; May 5 was followed by May 2, which was followed by May 7 — which in turn was followed by April 26. The dates had been re-sorted to create the illusion of a decline. The five counties were likewise re-sorted on each day to enhance the illusion.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 7
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Its going to be officially announced tomorrow that Colonel Tom is to receive a Knighthood, well done sir!

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

How true!  How can one profess to be religious if one is a politician?  With all the lies and indiscretions committed, led mostly by our leaders how can we believe their veracity.  It will be interesting to see if Socrates Trump is toppled by his own hand.:drink_mini:  A judgment indeed!

Brian

He's been taking an anti-malarial drug that is reportedly useless against Covid-19 and may in fact make things worse.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

Didn't you grow up under the reign of Joh B-P?   He'd have loved this kind of stuff!

"Now don't you worry about that!" (Joh's response to any question from the press he didn't like.)

I started writing an essay about how growing up with Sir Joh prepared me for living under Donald. There are many parallels with the Deep North of Australia in the 1970s and 1980s; unfettered commerce with no concern for the environment (or normal standards of ethics) and rampant gerrymandering being the order of the day. But that's OK, the biggest newspaper was owned by Rupert (and still is).  Nothing different there.

One of the closest parallels was Joh's relationship with the press. He used to call press conferences "feeding the chooks". Now I don't think that DJT would know a chook from a blue heeler but the attitude is the same. I will say Joh was funnier about it. I have wondered how Sir Joh would have responded to a pandemic or social media. I can imagine Flo having a media team to Instagram her pumpkin scones.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 3