Treneglos: The ACE on the North Cornwall Railway

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Just rescued loads of photos of TG from the Fotopic website after they sent me an email indicating the photos could be accessed and downloaded again. There's a chance a few may appear on here, especially as it's coming up to the layout's 10th birthday!  :drinks: 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Happy 10th Birthday Treneglos

It was around here in 2003 that John had sent his idea letter and Damian started cutting timber...

How time flies!!

Congratulations Chris and the gang.A layout I first saw at I think Sutton Coldfield/Kidderminster and really inspired me to build something.I enjoy our banter and I still today like your yellow gorse  ;)  I must do I copied some on Brent.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Turntable Fiddleyards

I've been asked a PM question about how the TG turntable style fiddles were built. Now i thought that I'd done posts or a thread detailing this, but it appears not. the closest I can find is this one. Looks like I never got around to describing the build or posting photos though. 

So here are a few photos of the build:

post-6675-0-61392100-1361623106_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-50005000-1361623113_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-99378000-1361623119_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-99638600-1361623124_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-55580700-1361623130_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-32424600-1361623137_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-13539800-1361623144_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-66324700-1361623150_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-21559600-1361623157_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-93409700-1361623098_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Strange coincidence - I dug out my "cuttings" of Treneglos articles a couple of days ago to absorb a bit of "Withered Arm Atmosphere" - and then found the thread resurrected today :D I suppose it's down to a breathing space from BCB - all the same, keep it coming... ;)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Retired it is then. So can I make an offer to purchase please and I'm being serious.

P @ 36E (ex 72A)

Quackers,

The layout's future has certainly crossed my mind this year, particularly as interest in other more recent projects is now taking the majority of our modelling time. It's a jointly owned layout (me, Damian and John) so obviously a joint decision will be required on any sale. But, from a personal perspective, I'd welcome the release of storage space! I would, however, be very sad to see it grow up and leave home.

I'm also being prodded by our leader (AY) for a layout photo shoot - this is certainly something I'd like to do before the layout was sold on or dismantled. It would be a great record of our 10yr old baby! 

We're exhibiting DitD at the Midland Railway show in Butterley in a few weeks and that will probably be a good opportunity to talk this over with the boys. 

Thanks for the out of the blue interest though - nice to know the layout is still loved! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think Mr. B's work might have been 'Summoned by Bells', but I would need to check as I only read the whole of that for the first in June this year (philistine I know).

He wrote some wonderful stuff and I hear his voice whenever I read some of it.

P

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Treneglos..... It has been dormant for a while whilst we've worked on and exhibited other projects. There are, after all, only so many hours in a day, days in a week, weeks in a year,,,

There have been thoughts of retirement but, with lots of time and memories invested in the layout, we've collectively decided against it. 

Next year (2014) is the 50th anniversary of the last Atlantic Coast Express running to Padstow. We'd love to commemorate the event by exhibiting the layout next year, preferably down in the South West (Cornwall and Devon).

Any suggestions for shows or offers of invitations?  

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Wadebridge Show seems the obvious choice to me for several reasons, but I guess you and the team might be a little weary/wary of dragging Trenglos all the way down there yet again.

We'll always do Wadebridge - it's almost our exhibition home!

• RMweb Gold

Nigel (GWRman) is in Hayle MRC, another Nigel (D820) is in one Falmouth Club, Steve Howe (steve_howe) is in the other Falmouth club.

I'll be at next May's Hayle exhibition with 'Shepherds Halt'.

Edited by Stubby47