• RMweb Premium

Evening,

Didn't go to Swanage in the end, a family issue had to take priority.

However on a positive note I have just secured a new delivery to the Redbrook fleet. I know I shouldn't but sometimes you've just got to do it. You never know whats around the corner.

More details to follow... obviously with a picture once the postie has been.

Just need to source some suitable rolling stock now...

Cheers

Scott

Congratulations on purchase scott. I'm fairly certain i know what they are and well done. i must admit if i'm right i'm very jealous

phil

Looks like we have some winners!  Yes its a pair of 20's, or as they like to be called "Nancy" and "Janis"

They are due to arrive tomorrow, then its time to find some cash for the sound!

Cheers

Scott

Looks like we have some winners!  Yes its a pair of 20's, or as they like to be called "Nancy" and "Janis"

Cheers

Scott

Only sound??

Don't forget they will needs lights as well!

Jeff

Well Royal Mail have yet again kept to their side of the deal and the 20's have arrived safely at Redbrook. First impression sof them are good.

I have just got back in from the local model shop, having collected 2 chips for the girls. I'm not going to have time to fit them this afternoon so might be a job for tonight.

I may try and get a picture of them on the layout beforehand, but its currently pi##ing it down here so won't be going out to the garage just yet. 

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Cheers

Scott

cool to know my hunch was right. they'll look great on redbrook

Evening,

The 20's have been chipped (non sound at the moment) and have had a bit of a run round on the layout. They seem to work well as a pair with no pushing/pulling.

They are currently taking on fuel at the depot but I managed to get a picture of them earlier whilst they were stabled in the mail siding.

post-6849-0-42783900-1368567641.jpg

Thanks for the picture Phil of the weatehred stock. I'm still researching the correct stock for 1996, need to get some TTA's for the water too.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to you modelling these to go with them (perhaps not quite as weathered)

attachicon.gifDSCN6525.jpg

http://www.beresfordjunction.co.uk/2011/11/19/nomix-chapman-weedkiller-wagons-arrive-at-alresford/

No need for the SR van - these are 1996/1997 dated photos. 4 x Mk1 and 3 x TTA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisboon/4238596386/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisboon/4238596386/

HTH,

Mick

Cheers Mick,

Flickr was my next port of call. I'm glad I dont need those vans. They look like too much hard work.

Tim, I've already ordered a set of the coaches from Kernow, dont think I'll be ordering another lot though. But never say never.

I really should be spending the cash on points for the FY. But wheres the fun in that! 

Cheers

Scott

no need to apologise Tim. It was only luck that i looked at the kernow site. I could've missed them so thanks for mentioning it.

Don't think they're due for a while yet though. so they may see use on normal workings in the area!

Yeah I'm aware of that too, but I can afford that from my piggy bank. ;)

Now if only I knew someone who's a dab hand at fitting led's in everything. (Kevin :whistle:  )

Cheers

Scott

Hello mate, I will have a look at your 20's, I am sure something can be done, I am sure that there can be light at the end of the tunnel, may even be with 20/20 vision :blind: .

Kevin.

I like the Killer 20s Scott, 

Used to go out for them when they used to come down our way, I think I posted a pic on RMweb somewhere of the train at Hamworthy, early 90s though so a bit before your time period.

Love the video too I do really like that tank train.

Cheers Peter.

Evening,

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate your offer. theres no rush for it, I suppose I should get the sound first and go from there. 

Glad you like the movie clip David, GBRf and Peter.  I've had them running round again tonight, this time with a rake of BDA's. Just for trial purposes of course...

Hi Peter, I still have to get 3 more TEA's to complete the rake. I was thinking of getting one of the murco liveried ones to act as a fresh out the works look, with minimal spillage.

I've got a couple pictures of the 20's at Exeter, but I think they are from the early 90's too.    

No modelling now, its almost time for the Apprentice.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott. I knew you would succumb to some Killer 20's If they came up at the right price.

I think it's an excellent livery. If you ever decide to have a go at fitting lights n sound I have some pics of the stages somewhere of when I did mine (only done one so far)

I would defo buy a Zimo chip with Paul Chetter sounds as it is really straightforward to program the functions for lights.

Guy

Archived