Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the link.

Strangely, those weren't the prices I was seeing when I logged on to Rails site which were typically £10 more!

Maybe I was getting a cached webpage?

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Now that we have got our trains back, at least for the moment, can I put in a plug for our local Retro Market, in Seaford High Street. I have no connection with it, but pop-in every few weeks and have bought the odd diecast or railway item in there. It has a steady throughput of railway items. They range from tin-plate to fairly recent models in most scales - although I haven't seen much 'O'+. Currently they have some Bachman US stock, for example, a large steam freight loco and half a dozen freight cars for £30, and various european HO locos. There's a Dublo Gresley Teak with printed windows and a couple of other slightly younger Dublo coaches.

It isn't a place to make a special journey to visit, but if you are in this neck of the woods, or fancy a trip to the seaside, when the weather is a bit warmer, it's worth having a look. It's one of those antique & collectibles galleries - a fairly small one - where they sell on behalf of assorted local sellers. So they are not going to be very informed about the items in the shop.

That makes it 80 sheets for the King then.

I'm sure I didn't pay that much for my last kettle :jester:

Hat, coat and teacan.....

• RMweb Premium

Popped in to Monk Bar Models in York earlier, it isn't known for being the cheapest of places, but both Dutch and BR Blue versions of the Railroad class 31 at £44.50 seemed a good deal, I nearly bought one for the chassis (but decided its only a good deal if you really really need it...!

For anyone still wondering about the Bachmann RF 47 - Holt of Swansea are selling it for under £64 (although P&P adds £4.95 per order), whereas Hattons has it for 72.

Find it (32816) on the following page:

http://www.holtmodelrailways.co.uk/choose_00.php?gauge=00&product_type=2&company=10&iclass=16

Not the easiest web page to comprehend, but this fact is backed up by their ad in Model Rail mag this month.

King Charles II snapped at Bath Spa, on 1st June 1959* - just to prove that it did haul the Bristolian. Why are locomotives she or her with names like King Charles II? I suppose it's a male in charge thing - engine drivers, ship's captains, airline pilots etc. etc. (*in the last week of regular steam haulage)

attachicon.gifKing Charles II on down Bristolian at Bath Spa 8 6 1959.jpg

Sorry, was that a bargain photo you scanned there Phil?

may have been mentioned before but Hattons have heavily discounted blue livery Class 128 Midland front, parcels diesel car. 8992 BR blue syp and 8993 BR blue fyp are both £52 each. Must be worth it for the motorised chassis. I purchased a Midland front, green syp for £69 which I think is good value as well. The Midland style 128s seem to be hanging around more than the Western version did.

Archived