DRS Orders Vossloh UKlights

• RMweb Premium

I missed them for the same reason I don't attend diesel galas......

Apparently there were some issues with nutters enthusiasts crowding one of the platform edges at Preston to get a photograph as a passenger train was passing by on the adjacent line to said enthusiasts..........

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

68001 "Evolution" in DRS livery was also included in the recent delivery - it's already been noted southbound on the M6 on a low-loader. It's destined for the Innotrans show in Berlin.

Cheers,

Mick

Phil Mc has just seen 68001 on a low loader going towards Doncaster on the M18.........where the hell is it going now!!!!!!!!!!!

:mosking:

• RMweb Gold

68009 swapped a blue DVT for a white one yesterday

04 September 2014

Eccles Road

68009, Titan, and 82121 on 5Z46, 09:13, Norwich C.PT. T.&R.S.M.D - Loughborough Brush (13:30) - DVT for refurbishment

post-6662-0-22549900-1409951539_thumb.jpg

68009, Titan, and 82118 on 5Z47, 13:30, Loughborough Brush - Norwich C.PT. T.&R.S.M.D (16:54) - DVT after refurbishment
post-6662-0-79318700-1409951587_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I saw 68007 (I think) heading north, light engine, through Settle about 3.30pm on Wed 3rd. I was standing on the footbridge chatting and looking the other way so it kind of snuck up on me and I missed getting a pic - annoying as it was the first time I have seen one. Anyone know where it was heading? I am currently on IOM so haven't got easy access to info.

• RMweb Gold

I saw 68007 (I think) heading north, light engine, through Settle about 3.30pm on Wed 3rd. I was standing on the footbridge chatting and looking the other way so it kind of snuck up on me and I missed getting a pic - annoying as it was the first time I have seen one. Anyone know where it was heading? I am currently on IOM so haven't got easy access to info.

It worked 0Z36, 10:10, Carlisle - Preston (via Shap) (Arrived 90 late after a late departure) and returned as 0Z37, 12:38, Preston - Carlisle (via S&C) (63 late departure due to late arrival)

For Anglia readers

There is a move to Wolverton via Ipswich on Monday, 08:15 off Norwich - perhaps 68011 ...

The Chiltern livery suits it much better than DRS blue. Maybe it's the lack of branding.

Hi,

To be honest, I think the opposite, I can't put my finger on it, it maybe due to the angle in the Chiltern Livery not suiting the curved style of the loco, but I prefer the DRS  Blue, having said that, being a Chiltern man through and through, I still like the Grey!

Either way, I'll still be buying one of each when Dapol releases them! (If they do the Chiltern Livery)

Sunk

• RMweb Premium

I like the DRS one more, even though usually I prefer plain and simple. There's not much smart and shiny and modern that I do like but the 68s in DRS livery are one of the exceptions. From the side at any rate. From the front the Chiltern version is a bit better, I think it's because the weird shape isn't emphasised quite as much.

• RMweb Gold
There is a move to Wolverton via Ipswich on Monday, 08:15 off Norwich - perhaps 68011 ...

It was indeed 68011 - I was out by 08:00, I decided where to go and because there is no mobile signal in the wilds I parked up and checked the realtime site for it's departure. After about 10 minutes it came up as cancelled so I went home, whilst I was driving it was reinstated and had left - of course I didn't find this out until I got home and it was too late to get it.

However, the sun is better in the evening and so I went out for the return

Tivetshall

08 September 2014

68011 on 5Z56, 12:21, Wolverton Centre Sidings - Norwich C.PT. T.&R.S.M.D (16:14) - coaches after refurbishment (12147 and 12129)

post-6662-0-90774000-1410190483_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Today the 68s headed North

Eccles Road

09 September 2014

68011 and 68009, Titan, on 0Z50, 11:10, Norwich C.PT. T.&R.S.M.D - York Parcels Sidings (15:28) - light engines to collect RHTT wagons

attachicon.gifDAS592787.jpg

attachicon.gifDAS592794.jpg

Does this mean that they will be used on this Autumns RHTT workings and become the third livery - mud colour??

• RMweb Gold

Does this mean that they will be used on this Autumns RHTT workings and become the third livery - mud colour??

No - what it really means is that they are working their way through the fleet on trips to Norwich in order to give Mr Beast a chance to phot all of them because they know he's kind enough to post his phots for us on here.

• RMweb Gold

It worked 0Z36, 10:10, Carlisle - Preston (via Shap) (Arrived 90 late after a late departure) and returned as 0Z37, 12:38, Preston - Carlisle (via S&C) (63 late departure due to late arrival)

For Anglia readers

Just to say Thanks for reply to my post. My wifi on IOM is a bit iffy and have not been able to reply until now.

(Enjoyed a ride on Manx Electric Railway and Snaefell today).

I thought that 68007 looked very smart.

Archived