EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

And both listings (coincidentally?) get the Rovex number wrong.

At least this one gets it all (almost) right:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/22007811361

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, newbryford said:

Tell him you can only refund after you've had your monthly pay check............

I was tempted to make them wait!

hopefully I’ll have better luck with the lots I’ve got up at the minute, quite frankly I can’t believe just how much these MK2 coaches are up to with (currently) 3 days to go, they must be a pretty rare coach?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383862992510

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

"... IF A SELLER IS INTERESTED IN MORE THAN PLEASE CONTACT US FIRST." BOGOF!?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, John M Upton said:

11 hours ago, melmerby said:

And both listings (coincidentally?) get the Rovex number wrong.

At least this one gets it all (almost) right:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/22007811361

He's going to be up sh!t creek if 3 buyers all purchase at the same time!

Mike.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

£53.00 sounds a little rich for an Atlas Editions model?

Re-listed at £48. I have one of these somewhere, I might have paid a fiver for it.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

The N scale listings are flooded with the Del Prado version of the same worthless tat, often listed at deeply unrealistic prices (in my opinion anything more than fifty pence a pop and that is including postage) and needless to say they never sell....

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

The N scale listings are flooded with the Del Prado version of the same worthless tat, often listed at deeply unrealistic prices (in my opinion anything more than fifty pence a pop and that is including postage) and needless to say they never sell....

I do wonder about some of those who set themselves up as online 'traders'. Some seem to deal in the model railway equivalent of 'snake oil'?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

24 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

The odd thing is that would-be sellers have plenty of priced Atlas Editions offerings already listed on ebay to base their pricing on. 

My inner cynic just had the thought that they might be at that price because someone might just buy one by mistake thinking they had a bargain N or OO model.... (I have seen these multi titled as like Hornby/Bachmann/Lima, which is suspiciously misleading) .... There's then the chance that the buyer is too embarrassed to demand a refund having read the small print.

Seller making an easy £45.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

12 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

My inner cynic just had the thought that they might be at that price because someone might just buy one by mistake thinking they had a bargain N or OO model.... (I have seen these multi titled as like Hornby/Bachmann/Lima, which is suspiciously misleading) .... There's then the chance that the buyer is too embarrassed to demand a refund having read the small print.

Seller making an easy £45.

Just the kind of ploy that might catch an unsuspecting model railway newbie?

• Agree 3

38 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Just the kind of ploy that might catch an unsuspecting model railway newbie?

Call me cynical if you will.... But yes.

I noticed it when I was trawling for a GWR 0-6-0 tank a few months ago. I had to have a proper read of some items for sale as it wasn't immediately obvious what you were getting.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, John M Upton said:

They won't take £15 for it. I suspect the owner has swapped the Genesis chassis into something else and this has a blue box chassis, as the photos don't prove otherwise. 

Oh well, it was once a nice loco and has the potential to be so again, but will need alot of TLC first....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I think Rails has got some new apprentices.

Bought an M7 at the begining of December, described only as chassis loose, tested working, DCC Ready, which was fine, as I only wanted the chassis.

it took 3 weeks to come.

When it arrived, the chassis was indeed loose, as was the motor and the wiring. It was missing the DCC chip and harness, which someone had removed, plus missing tank fillers, cab glazing and other parts. Obviously a non-runner.

Given my purpose was the chassis, I was considering letting it go, but considering the price paid, the gap was simply too big to ignore.

So I returned it, The return process was immediate and automated, but also flagged it to Rails’s attention, as this is out of character for Rails’s second hand which I have generally found to be “as described”. 
They did respond saying they would investigate, but highlighted new staffing.

i’d suggest a little caution next few weeks whilst the new ones settle in.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2