EBay madness

Marcyg

41 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

I guess "Does not ship to United Kingdom" brings one's feet back to erf wiv a bump!?

I always end up looking at the "similar / related items"  and on a couple of occasions it has led me to find something that wasn't overpriced sh##.

This time I ended up looking at ancient American diesels, which I won't be buying, something to do with having plenty to be getting on with already...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

They had several shades of "Shed green" over the years, but I can't find any reference to "Acid trip green"....

Could be worse, could be shades of yellow.  Mustard, custard or otherwise.

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 4

11 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Could be worse, could be shades of yellow.  Mustard, custard or otherwise

Then we would be into slap a coat of yellow paint on it and apply Network Rail logos (preferably cut out of a circular about overnight maintenance work) and ask £35 for it plus £6.50 2nd class post.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

They only had one main line engine and one pannier tank design, so one shade of green should suffice?

Mike.

The designs were so good and the engines so versatile,

they didn't need any more variants. :)

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

I believe so, Wolverhampton was quite autonomous as they built the standard gauge locomotives there. After 1892, a lot of engineers transferred to the former broad gauge works at Swindon. Several shades of dark green were used as the livery of the stock changed.

Wagons were never painted in WTF? green though...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

10 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Do I recall that at one time the GWR featured a 'Swindon' loco green and a 'Wolverhampton' loco green?

At one time they featured a Soho and Winson Green on the line to Wolverhampton (Low Level).

A Brummie friend once told me he always preferred the GWR route to Wolverhampton because it was in a cutting so you didn't see the surroundings. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I believe so, Wolverhampton was quite autonomous as they built the standard gauge locomotives there. After 1892, a lot of engineers transferred to the former broad gauge works at Swindon. Several shades of dark green were used as the livery of the stock changed.

Wagons were never painted in WTF? green though...

A curious thing: I believe the GWR painted their two NG Corris Railway locos chocolate brown? Strange things happened out in the sticks! ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

This one made me chuckle - The chap selling this L12 bought it a few weeks ago for £174, but then puts it back up for sale and while there are lots watching ti you have to wonder if he is going to make a big fat loss https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4mm-LSWR-SR-Drummond-L12-4-4-0-Loco-Kit-Built-OO-EM-P4/274623518698 ?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

This one made me chuckle - The chap selling this L12 bought it a few weeks ago for £174, but then puts it back up for sale and while there are lots watching ti you have to wonder if he is going to make a big fat loss https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4mm-LSWR-SR-Drummond-L12-4-4-0-Loco-Kit-Built-OO-EM-P4/274623518698 ?

Another one for us all to watch!? ;)

• Funny 3

48 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

A wanabie dealer about to catch a cold?

"Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon
You come and go, you come and go" ;)

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Blandford1969 said:

He's got the description a bit confused, surely it should be "UN-Built-Kit" ?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

A wanabie dealer about to catch a cold?

"Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon
You come and go, you come and go" ;)

Well, it sold for £185.00. The vendor made a small profit. I wonder if the buyer intends to build the kit or if we will see it yet again?