EBay madness

Marcyg

3 hours ago, polybear said:

No idea if it's already been posted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-W-Models-4mm-finescale-wheel-press-and-quartering-jig-unused/163708610520?hash=item261dcb27d8:g:mq0AAOSwOblc6-a9

- but twenty six quid new incl. postage, direct from George Watts.....

Yes, but buying direct from GW is (or was) far more of a faff, especially from overseas. Many people, myself included, might be prepared to pay a bit of a premium for the convenience. 

Disclamer: I can't seem to see the actual listing so I don't know how much of a premium the seller is actually charging. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, PatB said:

Yes, but buying direct from GW is (or was) far more of a faff, especially from overseas. Many people, myself included, might be prepared to pay a bit of a premium for the convenience. 

Disclamer: I can't seem to see the actual listing so I don't know how much of a premium the seller is actually charging. 

Currently at £32-90, with 2d 07h to go.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 02/06/2019 at 23:24, Scottish-Exile said:

These Hornby Drax wagons were an eye-watering £83 on release exclusively to Hattons. As far as I know, they still have them in stock. Who would spend £370 on a wagon though :o

Drax.JPG.e42087c226c3e148ce4edf32ae362808.JPG

at those prices it would need to be free postage

• Like 1

10 hours ago, papagolfjuliet said:

Can I tempt anybody to one of those horrible BR liveried American 0-4-0s for a very competitive eighty-five notes?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alco-1930-Unboxed-Excellent-Working-Condition/273876120776?hash=item3fc449f4c8:g:6gAAAOSwpztc0d0P

If you gave me 85 to take it off your hands that might compensate me for the inconvenience of cleaning up all the little bits after I'd smashed it  against a wall a few hundred times (to make it look better).

120 would seal the deal. The lister clearly doesn't understand that how they've listed it suggest someone would have to pay them, not be paid to take it. An easy mistake.

On 06/06/2019 at 11:16, papagolfjuliet said:

Can I tempt anybody to one of those horrible BR liveried American 0-4-0s for a very competitive eighty-five notes?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alco-1930-Unboxed-Excellent-Working-Condition/273876120776?hash=item3fc449f4c8:g:6gAAAOSwpztc0d0P

A bit late - I've been away from the internet....   85 quid and you don't get the tender or the handrails or the box? :o   Try £8.50 but it probably still wouldn't sell.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold
On 14/06/2019 at 15:21, Il Grifone said:

A bit late - I've been away from the internet....   85 quid and you don't get the tender or the handrails or the box? :o   Try £8.50 but it probably still wouldn't sell.

Some interesting comments on the seller's feedback profile too.