EBay madness

Marcyg

Another Rails Special! Yours for £90 is this 47, described as "GOOD, UNBOXED CONDITION" then unsurprisingly followed up with "LOTS OF MARKS ON THE BODY (PLEASE STUDY PHOTOS)"

I'm not sure what the extra aerials on the front are for, and if I had melted the cab side like that id want to get shot of it too. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VITRAINS-OO-VIRGIN-TRAINS-CLASS-47-805-PRIDE-OF-TOTON-DIESEL-LOCO-VS22/153395411148?hash=item23b71438cc:g:QUQAAOSwGrVcdUdg

3 hours ago, Il Grifone said:

Second link sends you to quite an odd site!

• Agree 1

On 26/03/2019 at 15:47, 73c said:

Second link sends you to quite an odd site!

I don't know what went wrong. It doesn't seem to work at all now, but did when first I checked it

Trying again    http://www.southernpridemodels.co.uk/

You need to select 'Conversion Kits' and then 'Triang Blue Pullman'

My daughter says we're in retrograde  (?) and it's bugg messing up computers (or something!)

Edited by Il Grifone

$19.99 US, plus $13.00 US postage to Canada for two sheets of documentation for a brass loco, with printing on one side only:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/paperwork-for-ho-brass-hallmark-models-missouri-kansas-texas-railroad-mkt-4-6-2/183749923463?hash=item2ac8595287:g:6MwAAOSwlLlcNU3E&redirect=mobile

IMO, this is even further out than selling empty boxes.

• RMweb Premium
On 26/03/2019 at 14:28, surfsup said:

Another Rails Special! Yours for £90 is this 47, described as "GOOD, UNBOXED CONDITION" then unsurprisingly followed up with "LOTS OF MARKS ON THE BODY (PLEASE STUDY PHOTOS)"

I'm not sure what the extra aerials on the front are for, and if I had melted the cab side like that id want to get shot of it too. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VITRAINS-OO-VIRGIN-TRAINS-CLASS-47-805-PRIDE-OF-TOTON-DIESEL-LOCO-VS22/153395411148?hash=item23b71438cc:g:QUQAAOSwGrVcdUdg

They had a Hornby 142 in similarly mutilated condition a few weeks back, I wondered the same about those "aerial" things on the front of that too, the white bits with red tips, and still have no idea what they are supposed to be or what they do.  I suspect there may be more to come...

2 hours ago, cromptonnut said:

Maybe it's Bulleid's 'Follower' as opposed to Leader?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 30/03/2019 at 17:33, cromptonnut said:

If you follow the recommendation, would anyone notice?

"Ideal to hide in a small engine shed with a different nose appearing at each end and see who notices."

• RMweb Premium

How much?!?!?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Lima-Class-31-SEALED-31107-31106-Langdale-Special-OO-Gauge-L204637/153411700498?hash=item23b80cc712:g:ugkAAOSwdudbkTgA

Just think how much more it would have been without the devastating tear in the cellophane....

• Like 1

On 18/03/2019 at 23:08, SimonMW said:

Every so often I scan Ebay for the occasional bargain... and usually come away shaking my head.

This one was the one today:

Adderley Hall AU$277 to get this apparently rare Hornby Railroad Hall class delivered to my door here in Australia, from an Australian eBayer. Apparently "This locomotive will be a great investment as few have been made and is sold out in the UK".

Makes me wonder then why I can get the same thing, shipped from Hattons, delivered to my door, for about AU$90. :wacko:

Having amused myself scrolling back through the eye-watering ebay offerings, I thought that as well as the general misrepresentation in this Australian ebay posting, the heavy handed threats at the bottom were worthy of notice.  Hattons might also be interested in the appropriation of their image to illustrate the loco on offer....

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Having amused myself scrolling back through the eye-watering ebay offerings, I thought that as well as the general misrepresentation in this Australian ebay posting, the heavy handed threats at the bottom were worthy of notice.  Hattons might also be interested in the appropriation of their image to illustrate the loco on offer....

IF YOU BUY THIS ITEM YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR IT AND WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING EXCUSES YOUR CHILD WAS LOOSE ON YOUR COMPUTER! WE HAVE NOW SET UP DEBT RECOVERY ARRANGEMENTS TO CHASE DOWN ALL NON PAYERS WHO WILL ALSO FACE POSSIBLE SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNTS ON EBAY! THE FOLLOWING TERMS ARE FINAL! THE WINNING BUYER FINAL PAYMENT IS REQUIRED WITHIN 3 DAYS AND NO EXCUSES! SORRY TO BE LIKE THIS BUT WITH OVER 10K IN SALES IN THE PAST 4 MONTHS BEING WELCHED ON OVER WAYWARD CHILDREN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH NO EXCUSES SO PLEASE HAVE YOUR FINANCES IN ORDER BEFORE PURCHASING.

UNQUOTE

:o

Perhaps this should be in the "For those who fear coming to Australia" thread... ;)

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, MarkC said:

IF YOU BUY THIS ITEM YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR IT AND WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING EXCUSES YOUR CHILD WAS LOOSE ON YOUR COMPUTER! WE HAVE NOW SET UP DEBT RECOVERY ARRANGEMENTS TO CHASE DOWN ALL NON PAYERS WHO WILL ALSO FACE POSSIBLE SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNTS ON EBAY! THE FOLLOWING TERMS ARE FINAL! THE WINNING BUYER FINAL PAYMENT IS REQUIRED WITHIN 3 DAYS AND NO EXCUSES! SORRY TO BE LIKE THIS BUT WITH OVER 10K IN SALES IN THE PAST 4 MONTHS BEING WELCHED ON OVER WAYWARD CHILDREN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH NO EXCUSES SO PLEASE HAVE YOUR FINANCES IN ORDER BEFORE PURCHASING.

UNQUOTE

Perhaps this should be in the "For those who fear coming to Australia" thread... ;)

Anything to do with todays date?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkC said:

UNQUOTE

Given the heavy threats, I was wondering if Australia has distance selling regulations that would make such a diatribe uninforceable and possibly illegal?  As for threatening to get ebay to suspend the accounts of those with second thoughts, possibly that would be a blessing in disguise,...

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

As for threatening to get ebay to suspend the accounts of those with second thoughts, possibly that would be a blessing in disguise,...

There's very little chance indeed, in my experience, of Ebay suspending the accounts of a non payer. Several RMweb members have been affected by this serial offender. The Ebay member is still active, and according to the feedback left is still offending.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26 March 2019 at 14:28, surfsup said:

Having seen a few similar items from Rails it would be 'interesting' to see something they consider to be not in good condition.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 31/03/2019 at 16:43, Bucoops said:

Watching this one with interest as I may decide I don't need an E4 that much - 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alan-Gibson-Great-Eastern-GN-LNER-E4-2-4-0-Etched-Brass-KIT-4mm/202634574169

£165 from AG a year ago, didn't say it was in stock then but they still had them. £20 for the motor.

Raising this one from "holy guacamole" to "If I sell mine can i retire early?".

This is nuts.

edit: I just noticed something - it's listed under O gauge - it's clearly a 4mm one though. I wonder if perhaps someone may be very dissapointed...

Edited by Bucoops
  • Agree 1