EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Raising this one from "holy guacamole" to "If I sell mine can i retire early?".

This is nuts.

edit: I just noticed something - it's listed under O gauge - it's clearly a 4mm one though. I wonder if perhaps someone may be very dissapointed...

I don't know how much it is and not really interested, but the AG site says the 7mm one is in stock as well.

Ebay has quietly sneaked in a change to listings:_ Read and understand the implications......

Relist your listing

To help you sell your item, fixed price listings can only be listed with a Good 'Til Cancelled duration. The listing duration has been set to Good 'Til Cancelled.

• RMweb Premium

The default for Buy it Now listings has been 'Good until cancelled' for a while now and you had to change it to 30 days or whatever duration you wanted when you drew up your listing.  Now you cannot change it and your listing will continue round and round ad infinitum until sold or you cancel it.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, John M Upton said:

The default for Buy it Now listings has been 'Good until cancelled' for a while now and you had to change it to 30 days or whatever duration you wanted when you drew up your listing.  Now you cannot change it and your listing will continue round and round ad infinitum until sold or you cancel it.

Sounds ok to me.

You place an advertisement putting something up for sale.  It stays there until sold or cancelled.  What other options would one need?

• RMweb Gold
On 02/04/2019 at 12:36, Bucoops said:

Raising this one from "holy guacamole" to "If I sell mine can i retire early?".

This is nuts.

edit: I just noticed something - it's listed under O gauge - it's clearly a 4mm one though. I wonder if perhaps someone may be very dissapointed...

Well the seller has positive feedback for it - so someone has (happily) paid over £500 for a £185 kit and motor :o

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

Judging by the description words (or at least the comprehension thereof) have also failed the seller.

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Gold

I particularly liked this bit:

We are looking forward to a full 5 star rating from you in all assessment points very  to continue to offer you products at a fair price framework can (as these different evaluation points contribute strongly to our monthly ebay costs affect). You can thus actively contribute my pricing in a fair framework to shape 

You can't say fairer than that?  :unknw_mini:

• Funny 2

16 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Sounds ok to me.

You place an advertisement putting something up for sale.  It stays there until sold or cancelled.  What other options would one need?

But no doubt charge you a monthly fee for the privilege, as they always used to. 

You bung something on for a few quid on a no fee weekend, doesn't sell, couple of months later you have paid more than it was worth.

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is a suitable thread but I want to ask  question regarding an Ebay sale .

I bought a Rivarossi 231e Chapelon H0 model from a long term trusted UK seller with 99.8% positive feedback. 2 people out of 3,000 said 'never again', or 'don't go near'

He may have sent me a different and damaged inferior model to the one he advertised. I paid £153.67 including £28.67 Ebay delivery to NZ. The differences are slight, but transfers/cabside numbers are angled on my model, not the one advertised, and a pipe run in front of the cab spectacle windows is different. Also mine has a warped body and running plate.

I complained but he has taken offence that I doubt his integrity, and has ignored the 12 photos I have taken showing his model as advertised, and the one I received. I think he hoped to claim off Royal Mail about the warpage or damage. He asked for photos of the model and packaging (which was undamaged). At first he offered apologies and £5.  Now he has taken offence at my insinuation and offered £20 to cover postage back to the UK from NZ including customs etc.   saying Ebay requires a return before a refund can be made, under any circumstance.

I will just include some photos here to show the subtle differences in his and photo and hope it doesn't affect my dispute procedure with the seller. 

below his photo

z_231_s-l1600_r902.jpg.3249cc4e55fef41628dcb35d003e43b5.jpg

model received

Img_3110ab_r902.jpg.8f04bac125b2400094a9328f7d3770e5.jpg

my model received

Img_3078b_r800.jpg.de2f9ae6a54516c460511bfc3074b26d.jpg

His ad with box

z_231_s-l1600_box_r1200.jpg.afaafc846d39bcf7678d8884424b5af6.jpg

The box I received has inserts of plastic shrouding, his pic showed none. Possibly he added them later?

Img_3116a_r1200a.jpg.e48a5946b8fea9d555e9bdb10f5c0a30.jpg

The box had several plastic sheet inserts  and bubble-wrap.

Thus I ask people here what they think, hoping i won't undermine Ebay's determination in 7 days or so when I will ask them what my rights and obligations are.   I am just wondering what an objective independent view might be.

Thanks.

Edited by robmcg
remove my address from photo
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Definitely two different models and even if they were the same, no way that the damage seen to the one you have received was ever done by a clumsy postie, looks more like warping due to either makzak rot in the chassis or deformation of the plastic body which is known to happen to certain older models.

If you get no satisfaction from the seller, put a proper full Ebay claim in and get your money back through the correct channels.

EDIT - Just noticed also it is a different box too, one has the remnants of a price ticket upper right on the front, the other does not.

Edited by John M Upton
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, will do.  

I very much appreciate an independent and more experienced view than I have,  only a couple of returns from about 300 purchases by me and they were not contested.  btw I paid by Paypal too, if that's relevant.

3 hours ago, robmcg said:

Thanks, will do.  

I very much appreciate an independent and more experienced view than I have,  only a couple of returns from about 300 purchases by me and they were not contested.  btw I paid by Paypal too, if that's relevant.

Rob,

I agree with John. The one you have received is a different model. The box is different and the pipe runs on the cylinder on the footplate are different too. It may not have been deliberate - he may have had multiples but you have received the inferior example regardless.

Regards,

Craig

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Just a thought, maybe too late now but are they actually his photos or has he borrowed them from elsewhere? If he's a frequent seller of such things I'd expect all his models to be posed on the same clear perspex box and same plain background, if not then maybe he's "borrowed" them rather than photograph his own. *If* that were the case, it may have been to hide the damage, or it may be lack of knowledge and a case of "it looks the same" without bothering to look closely. If he's a regular seller of models though, that seems a bit off. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

• Thanks 1