EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

I always like looking at items from the same seller.

WTF?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Variac-variable-transformer-0-270vac/313047729714?hash=item48e3194632:g:fDIAAOSwcB1eQYjW

I wonder if it's worth asking if it has a current PAT certificate? (Just for fun of course)

And the "CPC" panels have a TESCO label on.........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CPC-COMPUTER-PROCESS-CONTROLS-CONTROL-PANEL-X3/313048413328?hash=item48e323b490:g:BcoAAOSwHlxedkF6

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Well there is a Hymek and a Warship - very rare steam trains!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, newbryford said:

WTF?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Variac-variable-transformer-0-270vac/313047729714?hash=item48e3194632:g:fDIAAOSwcB1eQYjW

I wonder if it's worth asking if it has a current PAT certificate? (Just for fun of course)

He’ll probably say Pat didn’t test it but Sheamus carried it in from the van.........<_<

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 05/04/2020 at 12:09, boxbrownie said:

£POA = Never gonna ring you up to ask.....;)

£POA = Too embarrassed to reveal the ludicrous p1ss - take price cos' it would be business suicide

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 21C1 said:

There seem to be a number of similar ‘unusual’ items listed as ‘similar sponsored’ (which now I’ll probably get sent emails about - great, it was bad enough when it was just the usual rubbish from this thread; I’ve made sure my EBay account doesn’t default to signed in now).

When I read the original item description I was hoping that a Dire Straits CD would be listed as a similar item. :jester:

I’m really tempted to message and ask how there can only be one nothing available, also to ask whether I can come and collect nothing as it’s not too far away, but I think I’m too busy to cope with the multiple layers of absurdity that might result at the moment.

28 minutes ago, 009 micro modeller said:

:jester:

I’m really tempted to message and ask how there can only be one nothing available, also to ask whether I can come and collect nothing as it’s not too far away, but I think I’m too busy to cope with the multiple layers of absurdity that might result at the moment.

Go on....I dare you!!:crazy_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, MartinWales said:

Well? Did you??:rolleyes:

Yep.

This was the reply:

Hello, The item would have been tested but unfortunately this item came with a load similar pieces all missing paper work, so I can only be 90% sure.

Sorry this doesn’t really help, if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Yeah - right.....

I nearly replied that he'd get a better price weighing it in for scrap...

5 hours ago, polybear said:

£POA = Too embarrassed to reveal the ludicrous p1ss - take price cos' it would be business suicide

We hope you're daft enough not to do your homework and simply wave money at us, because you're a serious collector and you've got to have it no matter the price in case someone else gets it?

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 22:42, newbryford said:

WTF?

And the "CPC" panels have a TESCO label on.........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CPC-COMPUTER-PROCESS-CONTROLS-CONTROL-PANEL-X3/313048413328?hash=item48e323b490:g:BcoAAOSwHlxedkF6

Tempted to message the seller and ask him if when he nicked this from Alcatraz, did he get the electric chair that goes with it?

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Tempted to message the seller and ask him if when he nicked this from Alcatraz, did he get the electric chair that goes with it?

As Martin said to me.

"I dare you"....

Knowing my luck, he will have and SWMBO will hit buy it now. She's rather partial to er, unusual bits of antique furniture. She'd then sit cross legged in it like a skinny Buddha and eat her breakfast. (we've had that conversation)

• Funny 1