Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Premium

That is a quite astonishing piece of modelling Mr. Pylon King, and thanks for reminding me why I model the steam age!

Do you have a topic on the forum we can see?

All the best, Dave.

• Like 2

It's the 24th August 1985 and prototype 150001 runs into Edinburgh Waverley whilst running shuttles to and from Haymarket MPD open day...

attachicon.gif150001 3 BW.jpg

...and a colour version...

attachicon.gif150001 3.jpg

I would have been on that 150 one of those days, in shock on the return journey having seen the 'future' for the first time, i.e a class 58. Remember being horrified at them compared with what was around at the time, can't believe they've been and gone already.

Edited by millerhillboy
  • Like 4

That is a quite astonishing piece of modelling Mr. Pylon King, and thanks for reminding me why I model the steam age!

Do you have a topic on the forum we can see?

All the best, Dave.

. Thank you . Mostly scratch built by myself , 4mm/1:76 collection which focuses on “British grid” models. The substation was found back in January at the Astolat Railway show in Guildford for only £20 , purchased on the spot.

Do you have any similar to these ? Although very prolific structures , electrical grid models are largely overlooked .

It would be interesting to find out about the views on this forum .

post-34542-0-31505000-1529402576_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

Eddie Goulding, the Telecoms Area Engineer in Birmingham in the late 1970’s had a green one. He didn’t like driving much, so I chauffeured him around quite a bit. I thought they were terrific little buggies, and it seemed Ford had solved the porridge-spoon gearstick feel of the contemporary BL fwd cars.

Edited by 28XX
  • Like 1