A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Are you taking requests, Robin?

Yes, what mods are you doing to your Bachmann 64xx to turn it into a 74xx then.;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

what mods are you doing to your Bachmann 64xx to turn it into a 74xx then.;)

Er, just some rather basic stuff, really, the squared-off bunker back, obviously, removing the 'lip' of the cab roof front and rear and re-instating lost rivet heads (with Archers), replacement of smokebox door handles, new handrail above side steps, removal of the auto-gear boxes on front and back buffer beams and 'making good', new lamp irons, little steps on top of the buffer beam shanks.

I decided not to change the buffers for sprung ones, as that would effectively mean complete replacement of most of the rivets on the buffer beams.

As Paul Marshall-Potter chose to, I'm keeping the Bachmann chimney.

That's about it, I think.

The Bachmann chassis has had a lot of running in and is now 'reasonable'. I am, however, pondering on whether to replace it with a High Level one (although probably not straight away).

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 46444 said:

If you're doing requests it would be good to see your lovely 1369 Class at work... 

Not of the newly announced Manor then Mark.:D

https://www.hattons.co.uk/528843/dapol_4s_001_002_class_78xx_manor_4_6_0_7814_fringford_manor_in_gwr_green_with_gwr_lettering/stockdetail.asp

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=749&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=mar-0595-dapolgwrmanorannouncement&f

Edited by gwrrob
added detail.
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

Yay - more work for me then :dance_mini:

You're assuming I want/need one or two young Jedi, lets see how good their prairie and mogul are before getting too excited.

1504657309_manorannounement.jpg.bff743a35d78818e5c04262612da888c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

7 years! About time to start a new layout. :tomato:

7 Years = 7 mm = New GW Layout :pleasantry:

Ann Itch

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

You're assuming I want/need one or two young Jedi, lets see how good their prairie and mogul are before getting too excited.

Anythings better than than the prehistoric Bachmann Manor..

You 'WILL' want at least a dozen, just don't tell SWMBO ;) 

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Where did that come from?!! :D

I honestly didn't know it had been announced. Thanks for the heads up Robin.

What with an Hornby BR Standard 78xxx Class 2 2-6-0 and now the announcement of a 78xx Manor I think 78 must be the magic number! Half my wishlist gone anyway? 

Order to be duly placed I believe.. ;)

Cheers, 

Mark

Still like ur 1369 mind... ;)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Excellent news......However is it Crompton Manor or Compton? Wikipedia and GWR.org think it is Compton!

Slightly worried in Vancouver

John

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, john dew said:

Excellent news......However is it Crompton Manor or Compton? Wikipedia and GWR.org think it is Compton!

Or Compton Castle... 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Rude entry ….just before I jump into the free to a good home place, does anyone that frequents this old boy's club, want an ex Kirk Maunsell Kit? D2651 Dining First like what Hornybee brought out. New owners' updated Instructions,  wonky roof (curable) no bogies and easy to make in about two hours including sniffing the Mek Pak. Looked at it today and decided life is too short to be arsed to do it as I have far too many other things I should be doing. 

For the imaginative it could be converted to an Engineers' coach/support vehicle, just a wreck that has rolled down an embankment or a Sheep Barn.

Don't all rush at once; postage only with promise to make a Charity donation of your choice or a Dementia charity.

Ducky.

• Friendly/supportive 4

As soon as I saw the Hatton's announcement, Rob, I wondered about that as well. I don't think I have ever seen a pic of a G coat-of-arms W tender behind a Manor, but we all know how quickly tenders could change. I think the problem here is that the GWR could never decide whether Manors were express passenger locos or non-express passenger locos - hence unlined green, lined green, lined black, unlined black.

Maybe there is something in the Laurence Waters' book? (Which I haven't got.)  (see update post below)

Edited by Miss Prism
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Never realised about the Manor announcement either, until reading about it on this thread!

Nor did I! A replacement for 7816 is on the cards now.

• Like 4