Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

No probs swifty and d421...

Swifty Can you see now why i hate the words "thrash" "hellfire" and "tonezzzzzzz" on youtube videos?

May be purely innocent but can be taken the wrong way

Ok, message understood

I'll keep my colas vids under wraps for a while

Edited by Swifty11

Hi All

Funnily enough there were 2 in Canton when I passed on Sunday, One came west past Port talbot Panel light engine to Baglan then a couple of hours later went back light and round to Barry, not sure what that was about.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Do the 56s now always seem to take the early path?

The "normal" routing for a 56 seems to be WCML[*], so will be early running south of Farington.

Cheers,

Mick

[*] I think they're scared of it getting stuck on the S&C or Langho bank! :boast:

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

Jim,

In a way I can understand some of your employer's concerns as their bottom line is purely the logistics of moving stuff from A to B. They and their customers might get "twitchy" about anything that appears on the web, particularly to do with us "strange" enthusiasts who appear to be interested in the workings of their organisation.

Can't see how giving the occasional wave as you pass by could be frowned upon, unless you were leaning out of the cab with both arrms in the air :no:

But as others have said, in these risk averse times, people can easily put the wrong slant onto things.

Watch your back Jim and safe driving.

Peter

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

plus the fact i dont sign the s+c yet!

You know what you have to do then! It's a nicer route than the wcml.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

For anyone interested there is a regular class 56 working through Aylesbury to Calvert at about 11am its usualy 56103 on spoil wagons times can vary but saw it past Aylesbury depot on tuesday at about 10.45 and sometimes at Marsh Crossing at about 11.15.

• RMweb Gold

For anyone interested there is a regular class 56 working through Aylesbury to Calvert at about 11am its usualy 56103 on spoil wagons times can vary but saw it past Aylesbury depot on tuesday at about 10.45 and sometimes at Marsh Crossing at about 11.15.

Only for another 3 weeks or so, then the traffic finishes - it's DCR rather than Colas too

• RMweb Gold

a few pics from the last couple of days...

basically i've been asked not to post anything while in work, despite my pics being posted while on a PNB or away from the loco, travelling home etc so its just a case of posting stuff when i get home, with the new camera i have to do that anyway as i need to put the chip in the computer

gbrf passing eden valley loop

DSCF3816.jpg

followed by a pendolino

DSCF3822.jpg

DSCF3824.jpg

and back in at shap while a TPE unit passes

DSCF3825.jpg

DSCF3826.jpg

and into warrington

DSCF3827.jpg

DSCF3829.jpg

DSCF3830.jpg

this morning in kingmoor

DSCF3831.jpg

DSCF3834.jpg

DSCF3836.jpg

and back into warrington

DSCF3838.jpg

DSCF3839-1.jpg

DSCF3845.jpg

DSCF3847.jpg

DSCF3848.jpg

DSCF3849.jpg

DSCF3850.jpg

DSCF3851.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

basically i've been asked not to post anything while in work, despite my pics being posted while on a PNB or away from the loco, travelling home etc so its just a case of posting stuff when i get home, with the new camera i have to do that anyway as i need to put the chip in the computer

Quite a few companies have photo policies re. taking and publication in place. There were even some around in BR, although usually totally ignored as we didn't have the web then. I'm still sitting on about 2000 prints of signalling, pway and other infrastructure taken c1990-2002 which have a lot of interesting stuff amongst them but may not be published for a good while yet.

Jim,

Perhaps you can use your photography and online presence to advantage in raising the profile of Colas Rail.

I note on their website a section "Online & On Time". Maybe you could have a chat with your manager to say how your contributions are raising the profile of the company in a good, positive way.

Of course they might say "Just drive the ruddy engines Jim", but you never know.

Regards,

Peter

• Like 1

Hi Jim. For what it's worth I'd say that your postings have only enhanced the profile of Colas by letting us see the work that goes on behind the scenes to allow the service to run. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

New video for you, sadly not a grid or Jim at the wheel and with no horn or any '"thrash"

Kept the description short and simple as requested by Jim

Here is 66850 6J37 @ Moore

Tom.

P.s, yes Jim this was the time when you said yes it's due in about 3 minutes

• RMweb Gold

I remember exhibiting a layout at a railway depot open day some years back.

Whilst the BR regional manager was talking to us when one if our parcels vehicle's came off the track. He soon disappeared probably concerned that it might end up in the press.

Things have only got worse by the sounds of it