SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

1 hour ago, Clearwater said:

We're staying in Beer this summer.  WHen I go to the beach in my speedos, looks like I'll need to be very careful about anyone seeking to 'pap' me!

I got arrested when I went to the beach in my Speedos. I didnt realise the “S” had  fallen off :o

Edited by jazzer
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, vaughan45 said:

Also a propos nothing at all, I need to vent my anger at some ******* who this morning ran into the back of my new car, whilst I was waiting in a queue at the site of an earlier accident. However as their bonnet was peeled back like an open can of sardines they possibly came of worse :mad::mad::mad:

20190222_090525.jpg

Pillocks! I have given up getting decent cars as some #### will ding it (or worse) in the car park or this sort of thing happens. I know it is only a car but it really makes me angry. However I even get angry if someone does not look after something of mine, such as a book or DVD or wife.

Hope it gets an invisible mend ASAP. Did you give them a damn good thrashing with your weapon (in the boot)? 

Other news is that I have been looking at coach formations again. This time I am trying to identify how many coaches of different types there are in the timetable workings I am to run. For example I have counted ( not that carefully at the moment), 126 BSKs (Semi Open) and 58 CKs so far in the 3 Set Ls and 2 Sets and 91 Loose SKs!  I have not even included the 5 Sets (usually two Brakes, two SKs and a CK IIRC) and Set 400 (4 Set). Then there are 41 Loose BCKs(two periscopes) and 23(?) BCKs in the 2 Sets. There are 6 FKs and finally, 23 SOs (all Dining Cars linked to pair with Restaurant Cars). 

Imagine having to have all those if I was having each train made up individually. OK so some could be used to make two trains as in an up and then a down using the same stock, but even so...…...

Of course what I am trying to sort is how few coaches can I get away with by using the Barnett Cassette Method (BCM) with some spare coaches of course. I also need to consider whether they are Maunsells or Bulleids or MK1s and that type changes in the years spanning 1958 (more Maunsells and some blood and custard stock) to 1964 (more MK1s and some maroon stock). 

I will get away with a number of fixed 3 Sets (and ignore the use of the same set Number eg 771), in several trains. but my brain cell is tired and I can't estimate how many at present; possibly 6? Same goes for 2 Sets (Maunsell  [4?] and Bulleids [6]) and the 5 Sets, however I might make up 5 sets from 3 L sets plus two SKs).  

I will not have a dozen trains sitting in the FY Loops even if there is room. I shall maybe have an up and down ACE that stays made up. The rest can be constructed when I need them and cassetted/spurred/stored open when I don't.  Very special train stock, (e.g. Pullmans and Specials as well as WR diverted stuff) can stay in boxes as they will only appear occasionally.

It is certain that there is going to be a surplus of coaches  appearing quite soon, however I can choose the best and move on many of the rest. 

Such fun.

Phil

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Probably the easiest way to find out would be to run the sequence, using as few coaches as you can get away with, but each train having the correct formation.

You may find that you have an excess of some, but not enough of another, or worse non at all.

OH and by the way, you get too play trains at the same time.

• Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Probably the easiest way to find out would be to run the sequence, using as few coaches as you can get away with, but each train having the correct formation.

You may find that you have an excess of some, but not enough of another, or worse non at all.

OH and by the way, you get too play trains at the same time.

Ah, the 'sequence'. Do I really have one? Am I going to run every train between 06.00and 22.00 through The Junction? Will I just select trains that I would like to see? Who knows? Who cares? However, running every train for a particular Saturday would be the way to do it as you say, so thank you.

My FKs have arrived from the Wizard. XLNT service.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:15, Captain Kernow said:

And in the meantime, here's a view taken in Devon in the winter:

20181201_120313.jpg.d64a4eddfb4ad1f7917ab4fbca01789f.jpg

Where is the Troll? Foldy roll etc. Where is this by the way?

In another world I have been having some issues with demotivation and the usual fatigue and the lovely weather has induced lethargy along with SWMBO needing to require assistance at the Allotment...…….hey ho! Nevertheless, today has been gloomy and so I faffed with the Southern Pride MK1 D24 RB and then had a good delve into checking the info I have on the  Bulleid FKs in my 'Gould' and what was what with the small number that were in service. Then I had a browse through the Comet paperwork, fettled the two 'new' sets of Comet sides and cleaned them up. That is how exciting it is at the moment.

Ar$£

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

I have a weekend away playing with 0 gauge trains in bonnie Glasgow and you lot have all sorts of adventures.

Who else has seen this topic? Is this geezer for real, he says he cannot share the track plan as he doesn't have the copyright? Since when have toy train sets had copyrights? 'King 'ell our mate the duck owes the Southern Railway a fist full of notes for using their plan for up the junction in that case.  Of course the DCC gang are on there shouting DCC is better than sex.

One good thing about DCC is the horn sound on diesels.....who ever was driving would give four burps on the horn to alert the other one that a nice lady was in the vicinity. Far more politer than my mate shouting, "Cor look at the ar$e on her".

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 4

35 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have a weekend away playing with 0 gauge trains in bonnie Glasgow and you lot have all sorts of adventures.

Who else has seen this topic? Is this geezer for real, he says he cannot share the track plan as he doesn't have the copyright? Since when have toy train sets had copyrights? 'King 'ell our mate the duck owes the Southern Railway a fist full of notes for using their plan for up the junction in that case.  Of course the DCC gang are on there shouting DCC is better than sex.

One good thing about DCC is the horn sound on diesels.....who ever was driving would give four burps on the horn to alert the other one that a nice lady was in the vicinity. Far more politer than my mate shouting, "Cor look at the ar$e on her".

Sadly in all too many cases of our modelling brethren,, DCC probably is better than sex!

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Just looked at that thread Clive. Now I understand what your post 2 wires per section and three per point was about.

I managed the first 6 pages and last two and I think I prefer the old P4 arguments.  I am sticking with DC, it's as simple or as complicated as you want it to be and you don't have to work out how many locos you can run and how far away before you need boosters.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Where is the Troll? Foldy roll etc. Where is this by the way?

In another world I have been having some issues with demotivation and the usual fatigue and the lovely weather has induced lethargy along with SWMBO needing to require assistance at the Allotment...…….hey ho! Nevertheless, today has been gloomy and so I faffed with the Southern Pride MK1 D24 RB and then had a good delve into checking the info I have on the  Bulleid FKs in my 'Gould' and what was what with the small number that were in service. Then I had a browse through the Comet paperwork, fettled the two 'new' sets of Comet sides and cleaned them up. That is how exciting it is at the moment.

Ar$£

I'm afraid I 'volunteered' to spend the now-departed summer helping SMWBO in the garden. We've now laid over 3,000 sq. ft. of fresh raked and prepared soil for seeding, and have the last 50 sq.ft. to do tomorrow.

In the meantime, work, trains and even the motorcycle have taken a back seat.

Just shows the power of high dose steroids - this time last year, I couldn't even wheel an empty barrow the length of the garden!

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, bigwordsmith said:

Sadly in all too many cases of our modelling brethren,, DCC probably is better than sex!

Suppose it could depend on where you stick your two wires?

Ar$£

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, 81C said:

Do they do them in the Ann Summers store ?. :spiteful:

Only in Kit form...……….motor and other essential moving parts not included. Lubricant advised. That's enough.

ArGh

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

The nice bridge is at Fingle Bridge, my dear, darling Ducky, next to the jolly good pub of the same name. 

A place Sherry and I ought to visit, given her holiday cabin is at Whiddon Down! I think Deb and I may have ventured nearby on a day out to Drogo. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Bad luck today Ducky but I hope you had a good trip to Wearside anyway.;)

We wuz robbed Rob. Should have been 3 - 1 to us and I am not being biased. Funny old game!

Hey ho.

• Friendly/supportive 3