Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

From now on I am only posting on my own threads. I am fed up with people giving English lessons to others when they don't show there 'king modelling or think they have a right to do so.

If u understod wot I rote, wots ur proplem.

Please read the polite note I put on my signature.

Good for you. Sheffield X-Rated is always the first thread I go to  (well after Peterborough North that is, for obvious reasons)  because I can always understand what you write and identify with playing trains. Each to his own but for me  (as a DC man)life is a bit short to look at  long monologues about wiring or photos of someone's  new shed.. And its thanks to you that I now know that DMU's are not all the same. The things we all learn on RM Web EH?  Hope to see the  Oxford Rail N7at the Exchange soon , maybe on some sort of "dido" working ? .

Diana Saur

• RMweb Gold

From now on I am only posting on my own threads. I am fed up with people giving English lessons to others when they don't show there 'king modelling or think they have a right to do so.

HERE HERE Morty well said it can pee any-one off when some gate crash your post or thread..

...Please read the polite note I put on my signature.

Just to put the cat among the pigeons, not everyone sees signatures. I turned off the display of them ages ago, so I never see anyone's, and I can't even work out where the setting is to turn them on again now.

• Like 1

Clive,

Feel free to write whatever you like, how ever you would like to write it on any of my threads. I'm an equal opportunities internet bully and will abuse you to the same standards as others.

Map....

I can’t see your signature (they’re invisible on the mobile site), but I’ll be sorry if you don’t keep posting across RMweb.

Personally, I get irritated by the overbearing pomposity or overweening arrogance of a few posters - but then I figure there are probably RMwebbers who feel exactly the same about all my posts (but, fortunately for me, they seem too polite to mention it). The grammar and spelling nazis mostly get it wrong anyway, clinging to one idea about what is “correct” English; but their idea seldom stands up under scrutiny - English is far too gloriously, anarchically irregular to be so easily shackled.

Paul

Edited by Fenman
  • Like 1

Clive,

Please can I add my heartfelt plea that you keep on posting wherever is relevant. Your posts are always relevant or educational or informative or entertaining, sometimes more than one thing at the same time!

Tim T

Modelling Cwm Cynon in EM (& typing on a sometimes uncooperative iPad)

• RMweb Premium

I'm with the above Clive, don't let it stop you contributing to any of my threads or comments please. And more DMU's please!

Martyn.

Hi Martyn and all,

Thanks everyone.

I will PM people if I feel I can contribute or post on here with a link.

• RMweb Premium

You will always be welcome in Mid-Cornwall.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Clive, I don’t say much on the forum but I do appreciate the amount of knowledge that people such as your good self share and I don’t mind admitting that I did a bit of copying and pasting from a topic where you were talking about the workings of a diesel depot.  Nearly actually went and built one as a result (still might) and it wasn’t something I was really very interested in before, so thank you for that.

Oh, and great layout and stock by the way :)

Thanks also for introducing me to Skating Polly :)

Mike

Edited by Mutley

• RMweb Premium

Hey Clive, not sure what's happened or where to cause upset but sorry to hear you're miffed; please feel free to post whatever you like whenever you like on my thread, if you feel like it!

I couldn't go poking my Micky Mouse camera at Tony. He had already commented , politely, on the amount of unfinished stock I have, I wasn't going to cause him to much agony or hilarity with my camera.

To be honest we were too busy I forgot it, same as I forgot to get the salad out the fridge for lunch.

I should have thought of taking some pictures, Clive,

Perhaps next time?

And, please, keep on posting on Wright Writes. Your comments are always most-welcome. 

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I should have thought of taking some pictures, Clive,

Perhaps next time?

And, please, keep on posting on Wright Writes. Your comments are always most-welcome. 

Regards,

Tony. 

Hello Tony

Photos next time, yes please.

• RMweb Premium

And my threads are ALWAYS open for abuse from your good self young man. :sungum:  :angel:

BUT NO BL**DY SAUSAGES :nono:

No sausages today as I had a tooth pulled. My dentist said it was too complicated for him to do. I was referred to another dentist in Lincoln. I was sat in the chair feeling I want to go home. He gave me the local, and let that take hold. He checked that everything was numb and told me I would feel some pushing as he stuck something in my mouth. Next thing he said to the nurse "Can I have the dressing". As I got out the chair I said to him "That was an eleven out of ten." He was very good. :sungum: :sungum:

• Like 4

No sausages today as I had a tooth pulled. My dentist said it was too complicated for him to do. I was referred to another dentist in Lincoln. I was sat in the chair feeling I want to go home. He gave me the local, and let that take hold. He checked that everything was numb and told me I would feel some pushing as he stuck something in my mouth. Next thing he said to the nurse "Can I have the dressing". As I got out the chair I said to him "That was an eleven out of ten." He was very good.  :sungum:

OR!

I had a sausages tooth pulled todayI was sat in the chair feeling some pushing as he stuck something in my mouth. :O  :scared: 

He gave me the local, Next thing he said to the nurse, "That was an eleven out of ten." "Can I have the dressing" :nono:  :nono:  :nono: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

OR!

I had a sausages tooth pulled, I was sat in the chair feeling some pushing as he stuck something in my mouth. :O  :scared: 

He gave me the local, Next thing he said to the nurse, "That was an eleven out of ten." "Can I have the dressing" :nono:  :nono:  :nono: 

He was very good...............

• RMweb Premium

Wow, no pain overnight after the local anesthetic wore off.

Today I have got round to doing something I should have included when I first wired up the layout. I have at long last added isolating sections and their switches to both loco yard headshunts. It was something I overlooked when designing the layout and its operation. I needed somewhere to park a loco if I was wanting the loco behind it, if the other sidings were full I had nowhere to park them. I can now bung up the top end of the headshunt and get the other loco out.  

Two 35p switches, which I already had, and three yards of wire are still cheaper than a single decoder. 

• Like 3