Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

I remember having this discussion 30 years ago after attending the open day myself on a School trip (although my shot on a Kodak 126 has a bloke with a red shirt and a beard walking in front and I've hated him every day since). AFAIK it never carried the number 87201 and wasn't yet identifiable as a 90, so wasn't a cop and we'd have to wait to see the first couple of locos again (which living nr Coventry wouldn't take too long).

What counted as a cop during a works visit was always an ongoing discussion, some people starting again if a loco was renumbered and didn't count a stripped down shell such as 08 that was just it's frames and cab, whilst others included everything they saw.

Edited by 298

I'm not sure if this has been posted already but Hatton's now have these listed at £152.96

About the going rate and perhaps a similar price to as to what we were expecting. Seems to be a really impressive model

• RMweb Premium

Very nostalgic seeing the Intercity 90 with no yellow end - just like it was shown on the cover of the Hornby catalogue (along with the 91) in, IIRC, 1990

Just correcting myself - it wasn’t on the cover of the catalogue - it was on the cover of the catenary pack;

http://www.hattons.co.uk/157343/Hornby_R290_U_01_Single_Track_Catenary_Point_Pack_Overhead_Power_Supply_System_Pre_owned_aged_b/StockDetail.aspx

I don't have this The Facebook either. But, seeing most of things on social media is open access... These links should work: (amazing amount of progress - proves a smaller range means quicker speed)

26198113_1646543275411851_85901828530851

26220538_1646543715411807_65157956436192

26231992_1646543565411822_54082821203784

Re the above Mk2f BSO coach in InterCity Exec livery are the brandings/numbers transposed on the side shown ? brandings are normally at the left hand end and numbers at the right hand end ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Snowploughs on a 90? Thought they only had the valence? :search:

Right hand pic........ 

It certainly would have been something different!  Looking at the models on display in post #584, is it just me or does the valence look a bit 'pointy' at the bottom?

• 1 month later...

Looking at the new Bachmann website the availability tab states the class 90 will be available March 2019. It's not the extra wait that bothers me it's the inevitable price rise when the new catalogue is announced in January!

Mark

Couldn’t agree more.... they did the same with some of the 2017 announcements... class 37, 47, 85’s.... all existing toolings, delivery dates pushed back a couple of months and then given the 2018 price increase, which was substantial....so, for the first time ever, i’ve Cancelled and reduced my pre-orders, so overall, Bachmann will be getting less business from me....

So currently £153 on hattons for the 90....I wouldn’t be surprised at £165, discounted price, RRP close to £200, when it gets released some 5 years after being announced.....

• Like 1

Looking at the new Bachmann website the availability tab states the class 90 will be available March 2019. It's not the extra wait that bothers me it's the inevitable price rise when the new catalogue is announced in January!

Mark

Pre-order them now then, and thus you avoid the price rise. Of course, if your preferred retailer does such a thing. Mine does. I never understand why people shop at Hattons. When the smaller and local shops all honour prices. 

• RMweb Gold

Pre-order them now then, and thus you avoid the price rise. Of course, if your preferred retailer does such a thing. Mine does. I never understand why people shop at Hattons. When the smaller and local shops all honour prices.

Depends, overseas buyers don’t pay vat, and not all shops do this.

Indeed I suspect that’s how Hattons sell much of their secondhand at the prices they do, take 20% off the vat some prices then look good.. as overseas buyers don’t often get access to as much decent second hand on ebay as much of it is a UK exclusive thing, many sellers cant/won’t/don’t want to be bothered with the hassles of it.

Edited by adb968008

Have already moved my preorder as you say some will price fix some will not!

Cheers

Mark

• RMweb Gold

The valance is removable. Looking at this pic (not mine) of 90024 minus its valances, some of the plough mounting brackets can be seen sticking down either side of the coupling.https://www.flickr.com/photos/yerrtizz/8404245491/

Interesting not just a class 90 so early on at KX.. but that it’s had it’s push pull rubbing strip removed too.

I model the 2000s, in particular the Virgin West Coast loco-hauled days, so from the first batch of 90s none were directly useful for me. That said I do have a IC MK2 set, so I'm in the market for either Hornby's 87010 or Bachmann's 90005 which I'd prefer, the delay to the latter means I'm more likely to end up with 87010 particularly if it is reduced sometime/somewhere before the 90 is released!

Let's see this time next year whether I held off or not!

• RMweb Premium

Depends, overseas buyers don’t pay vat, and not all shops do this.

Indeed I suspect that’s how Hattons sell much of their secondhand at the prices they do, take 20% off the vat some prices then look good.. as overseas buyers don’t often get access to as much decent second hand on ebay as much of it is a UK exclusive thing, many sellers cant/won’t/don’t want to be bothered with the hassles of it.

I thought retailers only paid VAT on secondhand items on the profit they make, e.g. if Hatton's buys for £50 and sells for £60, they pay VAT on the £10 "profit". So how would the overseas buyer know what VAT could be deducted, as I'm sure Hatton's won't tell you what their "profit" is.

Edited by brushman47544

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if these commissions that Bachmann have taken on for

Retailers which appears to increasing in number have a detrimental effect on the lead times for their catalogue items.

Have I missed something, do you mean a Class 90 commissioned Limited Edition ?

Or all these 'Sheds'