N Gauge Class 390 Pendolino (post Kickstarter) with Rapido

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Premium

There we go then, sorted!

Just seems to me that if we're promoting the project then having people able to sign up there and then is at least likely to entice a few who may otherwise simply forget!

Hi,

I could have sworn that I had registered for the newsletter but obviously I did not.....

If I register today would I still have a newsletter sent to me? I have no idea how to navigate through a Kickstarter Appeal, and I just want to make sure that I pledge enough for an 11 coach set....

Thanks in advance

es grüßt

PC

Well I am waiting to pledge for a 9 car set although think the max I will be able to fit in would be a 7 car set,

but that has given me ideas now colas 66 with OCA and run them like in the pics!

Well that could be a selling point for some one straight away pay for a nine car and if you don't need the other coaches make it another train, showing stock movements!

Just one I know Ben has heard me say but this is more aimed as Jason and the guys at Rapido, appreciate you have already taken on 200 sets yourselves, but why not offer some advertising on possible future leaflets and on both the project website and rapido for some model companies to opt in for x amount of sets.

Just a though as it would open the market for rapido especially if they have shops on side already with a potential models coming out in both N and OO gauge a bit of advertising for purchasing some models would help boost the numbers of buyers plus for us makes the target that bit smaller, guaranteed sales to the shops and well some advertising on 2 websites one been very international and well firmly in the North American market.

Just something I have continued to roués in my head!

• RMweb Gold

I could have sworn that I had registered for the newsletter but obviously I did not.....

If I register today would I still have a newsletter sent to me? I have no idea how to navigate through a Kickstarter Appeal, and I just want to make sure that I pledge enough for an 11 coach set....

Hi PC

We probably won't send out newsletter #1 again to new subscribers but we will be sending out further updates so we would recommend that anyone interested in the project signs up!

We will make sure that our website is very clear on how to sign up for the Kickstarter campaign.

Cheers, Mike

Hi Ben,

In answer to your questions:

>If you hadn't seen it here, how else might you be most likely to get news of such a scheme? Club? Magazine? Other?<

To be honest I get most of my info from the main manufacturers websites, supplemented by occasional visits to this site and the websites of prominent shops like Hattons. I also get passed info from a couple of friends that are also enthusiasts and modellers. I used to buy magazines a lot, but don't as much now.

>It stands to reason that at least one should be suitable for an early 8-car version. Out of interest, what would be the highest appropriate number for this?<

I believe 001-044 were delivered as 8-car sets originally, so there's plenty of scope there! For me personally, a lower numbered unit would be best, say one of the first dozen or so, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if it was numbered higher.

Cheers

Harry

Edited by hazr1980

• RMweb Gold

Hello Harry

Thanks for that - if the Kickstarter campaign succeeds then it's up to the backers to decide which numbers are produced, but since we'd be doing 10 different ones I am certain that at least one will be in the range 001-12.

Further to your remarks, if you get most of your info from your friends, do you know how they get their info? 

And do they know about the Pendolino - or do you need to tell them?!

cheers

Ben

Baby_Pendo's tweet yesterday reminded me to check...Looks like I can fit two 9 car Pendolinos into my straight through platforms! :sungum:   Cant fit them in the loops and looks like the drivers will need a ladder if they want to get out!

post-799-0-04639700-1416345513_thumb.png

Have to pretend they can see the signals as well... :sarcastic:

Dave

• Like 2

Hi,

Thanks in advance

es grüßt

PC

You can view the Rapido newsletter that includes the Pendolino here:

http://rapidotrains.com/rapidonewsuk01.html

-Jason

• RMweb Premium

I must say I'm more than a bit excited with it all kicking off tomorrow. Particularly having just travelled Euston-Liverpool on one, 390 016 I think it was...

Big hats off to Ben and Mike for all their effort. Trying to work out if I can justify two sets!

Ben,

Mostly via the Internet and other friends I believe! One buys railway magazines, but isn't loyal to one particular title.

The weren't aware of the Pendolino, but I have posted the news and a link in our little Facebook group we have, so they certainly know now!

Harry

I believe 001-044 were delivered as 8-car sets originally, so there's plenty of scope there! For me personally, a lower numbered unit would be best, say one of the first dozen or so, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if it was numbered higher.

Cheers

Harry

390 035 was the first one delivered as a 9 car set.

• RMweb Gold

Not long to go until the Kickstarter campaign opens for business at 10pm this evening.

It would be great to get some early pledges on the board - don't forget you won't be charged unless we meet the funding target.

I'll be writing a short guide on how to pledge on Kickstarter for our website, but I will also post it here for those not so familiar with Kickstarter.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

34 sets were originally 8-car sets (I'm not sure if they were delivered in sequential order) but by 2004 I think they had all been strengthened to 9-car sets. 

So it depends when you want it to be accurate for: post-2004 it should be a 9-car set (or 11 but I don't know if any of the 11-car sets have ever been dragged along the N Wales coast!)

Cheers, Mike

OK a question to the dragging issue, what dragged them from Washwood when they were in the process of coming into service, I seem to remember that they were dragged by various locos with a barrier coach, however what my memory says and the actual reality at the moment can be some what different!

• RMweb Premium

OK a question to the dragging issue, what dragged them from Washwood when they were in the process of coming into service, I seem to remember that they were dragged by various locos with a barrier coach, however what my memory says and the actual reality at the moment can be some what different!

Most (all?) went to Old Dalby via Melton Mowbray for testing prior to release in to service. I have only seen one or two shots online of the workings but from memory they were generally Virgin 47/8's at the start and 57/3's at the end (both with and without Dellner coupling). the barrier vehicles used were and Intercity liveried BG and a grey/brownish liveried GUV

• RMweb Premium

13 backers already!

can you back multiple times? Ie I want a 9 car DCC set. If funds allow post Xmas I may want a second 9 car set, can I just pledge a second time, or do I need to be sure before I pledge?