Kernow GWR steam rail motor

DJM Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I know Kernow are a small manufacturer possibly with limited financial resources but I’m starting to wonder if this project might be better done in partnership with someone who can push things along. It’s taken 5 1/2 years to get to this point and only one set of CADs is complete. As for who that partner might be I can’t say.

There has been no update in the weekly newsletter since January and I’ll start getting a reputation for being impatient but it would be nice to hear some progress has been made. Am totally supportive and can’t wait for news. Fingers crossed the lockdown has allowed Chris and team an opportunity to devote some time to this one.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, ndg910 said:

I know Kernow are a small manufacturer possibly with limited financial resources but I’m starting to wonder if this project might be better done in partnership with someone who can push things along. It’s taken 5 1/2 years to get to this point and only one set of CADs is complete. As for who that partner might be I can’t say.

There has been no update in the weekly newsletter since January and I’ll start getting a reputation for being impatient but it would be nice to hear some progress has been made. Am totally supportive and can’t wait for news. Fingers crossed the lockdown has allowed Chris and team an opportunity to devote some time to this one.

The website shows 5 sets of CAD being done, with the last update being January 2020.

Yes it’s been slow, but those CADs do look good and possibly are at a stage where a first model could be produced.

Looking at it, I’m sure it’s going to be worth the wait!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, ndg910 said:

patience, i’m still waiting for a class 45/1.

I ordered it from Lima in 1994 for £19.99 and i’m still awaiting a class 45/1 now.

I was a teenager then, my daughter soon will be, but no fears, ive educated her what too look for incase she needs to take on the baton.

I recall my dad ordered a Lima V2 back in the 1970’s, thats still order pending too.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 13/07/2020 at 07:31, Lantavian said:

Or a nimbler rival has noticed the demand for this product, and Kernow's lack of progress in satisfying that demand, and produces a model in the next few months. 

Which of course you don't know.  We don't know who KMRC are working in association with on this project and in view of the number of iterations of the CADs which have been necessary that might possibly suggest some problems there - the CADs will only appear as quickly as the factory or whoever gets on with them.   What we do know exists is a set of CADs which have gone through a number of iterations and now appear fairly complete - getting various details right on that sort of body with numerous (timber) mouldings has clearly not been a simple or quick task.  So it could well be the case that Kernow have been much nimbler than you might think and that other folk might not be as nimble

And Kernow of course have also been working on other things so it can't all come at once.  There is clear evidence,  if you care to look, that work has progressed but things can take time.  Judging by what we are seeing of other projects where the speed at which they progressed has been lauded by those responsible for them it might be said that the story of the two bulls has a lot to commend it.  All we need is patience.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

GENTLEMEN PLEASE! I'm sick and tired of the petty, handbag swinging squabbles

on RM web lately. There's this one on the Kernow Railmotor page,  and there were two

bouts of handbag swinging on the Rails Terrier thread recently.

Please argue by PM or e-mail, personally I just want to read about the models.

• Agree 2

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, trevor7598 said:

GENTLEMEN PLEASE! I'm sick and tired of the petty, handbag swinging squabbles

on RM web lately. There's this one on the Kernow Railmotor page,  and there were two

bouts of handbag swinging on the Rails Terrier thread recently.

Please argue by PM or e-mail, personally I just want to read about the models.

After cleaning up the thread, some people will have to argue by PM because they are on the naught step and staying there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10
  • Funny 1

On 14/07/2020 at 08:09, stewartingram said:

I'm still waiting for my Kitmaster A3 and USA tank.

My dad left a 2/- deposit for both at the Sports Depot, Princess Road, Manchester for both in the 1960's

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

My dad left a 2/- deposit for both at the Sports Depot, Princess Road, Manchester for both in the 1960's

Mike Wiltshire

I'd ask for it back if I was you.:yes:

• Funny 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

As I am sure Graham is aware, honeymoon periods can be quite short in this business!!!

You mean its not arriving next week, I am devastated, my world has crashed around me!!!:dance_mini:

all the best

Godfrey

Officially I don’t start until October... 

... can a honeymoon period end before it starts?

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 1
  • Funny 8