True, I  can remember when this forum was all just fields 

If you're genuinely old and British, you can stand in a field and say:

"I remember when this was all factories and railway lines..."

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

I think I prefer the robust and uncompromising clarity of Norman's views, as compared with the esoteric, vaguely anarchic and functionally entropic aesthetics of Mr Fopp's interpretations.

A floppy beret

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

the esoteric, vaguely anarchic and functionally entropic aesthetics of Mr Fopp's interpretations.

Surely you mean; as Mr Fopps shimmering derivative became distorted through his boundaried and personal practice, the viewer can be only be left with an epitaph for the edges of our imaginary world. What started out as hope, soon will become a corroded dialectic of defeat, leaving only a sense of decadence and the inevitability of a new beginning.

From your "Arty bullcrap generator"

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, bgman said:

A floppy beret

All will become clear after a pint or three of Fersty-Ferret 
indeed it will probably give physical proof of the meaning of entropic  :jester:

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Surely you mean; as Mr Fopps shimmering derivative became distorted through his boundaried and personal practice, the viewer can be only be left with an epitaph for the edges of our imaginary world. What started out as hope, soon will become a corroded dialectic of defeat, leaving only a sense of decadence and the inevitability of a new beginning.

From your "Arty bullcrap generator"

Meh.

You failed to crowbar in the words

Antithesis

Cathartic

Dichotomous...

That's just off the top of my head :P

Clearly you wasted your art foundation year at university as I did, by trying for a BA (Hons) in Chasing Girls and Falling Off Motorbikes?

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

You must feel much better now.

I certainly do. I have read Porcy's post about five times now and I think I may have laughed myself to death!

It's sadly no exaggeration. I know people who do talk like that, but only when the right audience is present. They collect vast sums in grants from community enterprise schemes, but I'm dammed if I know what (if anything) they actually do.

One thing is for certain, they can't draw a stickman.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

Beautifully untidy. Do like the weed growing out of the rotten sleeper. The current lockdown is an interesting view of how quickly nature takes over again within a few weeks of a lack of human interference.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Captain Kernow said:

I particularly like the area of weed growth directly below the Peckett's cylinders.

Here? 

20200517_104318-03.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

Hope you don't mind, but I had to experiment with your photo in black and white. The cab side sheets and tank look just like they had been wiped over with an oily rag, but the only reference I have to the real thing is old photographs. I think if anyone was handed a dog eared 5"x3" print of your model, they'd assume it was taken somewhere in England in the early 50s.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_20200517_193448-01_jpeg_b23b29e38741ff17d60eb1c1ce4e7e80.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Here? 

20200517_104318-03.jpeg

Yes, the weed growth area that is in the centre of this photograph. It's just fab.

Rather like the growth immediately to the right of the stone wall in the left of the photo, ie. that one with the little red flowers. I would be most appreciative of a brief explanation as to how this rather pleasing effect was achieved, please, whilst I attend to some brief gardening duties outside.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Yes, the weed growth area that is in the centre of this photograph. It's just fab.

Rather like the growth immediately to the right of the stone wall in the left of the photo, ie. that one with the little red flowers. I would be most appreciative of a brief explanation as to how this rather pleasing effect was achieved, please, whilst I attend to some brief gardening duties outside.

Certainly CK. 

Between the wall and the right hand end, as always we start with a bed of PVA onto which is plonked 2mm static grass. 

Succesive layers of 4mm and 6mm static grass are then added using layering spray glue. Onto this are added, in the case of the left hand side, coloured flocky bits for flowers and a few light green flocky bits for contrast. The bigger leaves are from Greenscene and I'm not sure they are still available. 

The bush to the rights is a tidy amount of fine mixed green flock dumped onto the 6mm grass with a spoon. Glued and then z light dusting of white to suggest small flowers. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3