As always, Darling. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Clearly not built to last.

Was probably done on a Friday.

Damn right. I think that I will have to send a strongly worded telegram to the Standard Triumph Motor Co.

Actually, it's interesting to think how many newer and superior cars that it has outlasted.

Also the expense and complications involved in replacing a damaged fuel line on a car made in the last twenty years.

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

Off to train show. 

Back later. 

I thank you. 

Bit of a controversial move there Rob, I hope you've remembered your flask and knapsack, and not washed or showered for the previous ten days...

Al.

• Like 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

But seriously Sir Sheep of Bloke is very kind...please rest assured there were wrinkles and failures.....and as you can imagine the hired help were very quick to point them out in the most annoying manner they could muster....

On balance I'm pleased with the outing and  was very glad of the contribution made by our sponsor.

Layout has been safely unloaded - I just need to address the pile of cr*p that's now on our dining room table and decide what I can now drop from the loading list next time we play out..

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, New Haven Neil said:

I did mention a while ago how good the SLW 24's are, their running is top class, as good as any of my US locos, and the sound is way out the best I have heard.  They are indeed a bechmark.

Indeed - there is a green one in the stable and a Blue 25 ordered (ideal for PMB)...

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

One thing that also stood out was how light the layout was. Incredibly so, given the size. 

Oh, and the timber 'under baseboard' supports. To be cribbed. 

Rob..

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Oh, and the timber 'under baseboard' supports. To be cribbed. 

Some images from Saturday - that  white strip on the left hand end annoyed me all weekend - it has to go..51696111817_b0efa7caa5_c.jpg

51696111777_d8ee046094_c.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Donw said:

Sounds like a good day. Was it in that rabbit waren of a place in a number of different rooms? I have happy memories of being an exhibiter there.

Don

It was but they spread the layouts out well and where possible encouraged a one way system. We had a room to ourselves......just as well given the banter...

Chris

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

It was but they spread the layouts out well and where possible encouraged a one way system. We had a room to ourselves......just as well given the banter...

Chris

Gilbert, Whats the Layout name and is there a Thread please?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The NCE system is a very good introduction to DCC. It’s reasonably intuitive and suited for those not interested in the ‘background’ DCC stuff so is pretty much ‘plug and play’. If you get into DCC it’s also very good for larger more complex layouts. The Hornby 08 you ‘needed’, really benefits from running in well, either on rollers or round a simple loop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2