Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

My mate John wanted my Pickfords Tanker and so offered to make an Express Dairies Tanker for Pencarne Dairy, its rather nice, he's made all the transfers etc and put the ladders on. He used to drive for Express so had a fairly good idea of how it should look.

The Old Pickfords Lorry.

post-9335-0-16730900-1456476468_thumb.jpg

The New Old Express Tanker.

post-9335-0-79001100-1456476567_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89684200-1456476600_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-48785600-1456476634_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-60472700-1456476670_thumb.jpg

Over the last few Days I've written out a 30 move running order with a nice mix of SR / WR Passenger services crossing in the Station, through Freight, and freight for Wenford Bridge and Pencarne Yard etc.

Tonight I started to work my way through to see where it would take me, and after almost 3 hours I got as far as move 11, (Milk Tanks to and from Helston) so I will carry on working through it over the weekend to ensure it works. So far I haven't used Cards to sort the Wagons etc. but once the running order is sorted I'll then sort out cards for Wagons and Locos for more variety.

That is something I started to do Amdy using the Working Timetable for Horrabridge. The main reason I did it was to work out what stock I needed to buy or build.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Morning Nick,

I did mine after encouragement from, and reading John Flanns on line book about Hintock, I then worked out my Traffic Flow. I have the advantage that with Pencarne the line splits 3 ways beyond the Bridge, firstly it goes right to Wenford Bridge, so that's China Clay and Stores Vans and Fuel Oil etc. Then there is the Line to Exeter via Bodmin, this gives a Passenger Service from Exeter and a Local from Bodmin and Newquay. Lastly there is the conection to the Withered Arm at Wadebridge, so that also gives a connection direct to Padstow and the Docks there.

So I have,

WR terminating at Pen, and returning for both Passenger and Goods.

SR terminating at Pen and returning for both Passenger and Goods.

SR Padstow / Wadebridge to Wenford Bridge for Stores and Fuel Oil and returning using Pen as a run around yard.

China Clay from Wenford Bridge worked into Pen Yard via a SR Loco and the collected by a WR Loco for onward shipping to Fowey, and Empty returns.

Through Goods that will be held in Pen Mileage Siding for onward shipping to Wenford Bridge or Padstow Docks or vice versa.

Through Passenger from Exeter to Wadebridge and Padstow and returning later with either a Loco Change or just Run Round at Pen each time, that will be 2 a day, a down and an Up Service, at 11am and 3pm. This Service will either be worked by a WR Warship, Hymek or Western, or a SR Bulleid attached at Exeter.

• RMweb Gold

Sounds good Andy.

I know that Bodmin had at least two clay workings coming in per day, so four tris up and down to Boscarne, but if traffic was heavy a third working from Bodmin Road could be added, making 6 shuttles between Boscarne and Bodmin General. I don't think the third trip went straight to Fowey because of the tide times, but a longer train might have been marshalled at Bodmin Road for the afternoon run to Fowey.

Hope this is of some extra use.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Thanks for the tip Nick, I can now work in at least a second Clay working which will be good, re your advice about a second rake of Clays, I will gradually pick some more up, but at the moment they are just left in the Mileage Siding awaiting collection.

I have also EDITED my post above re the through Exeter Wadebridge Service.

Glad to see you haven't fallen into the trap of buying tractors in the wrong colour!! :) Why the manufacturers insist in painting Fordsons in non prototypical colours beats me. Fordsons are blue not red or green, Fergusons are Grey or Grey/Gold and Massey Fergusons  are Red and various shades of grey depending on year and model.

Rant over.

All looking very good Andy :)

Roger

Love the cows, they look a lot better. :good:

In fact I think the layout is getting better the longer you take to think about what you are doing :good:

No development on the land between the depot and the dairy?

Funny you should say that Clive, I have been working on that this afternoon. Originally I was putting in some raised ground to put the Railway into a cutting, BUT about 5pm I suddenly thought NO, How about a Stream and another Meadow? so I've cut away the cork, and I will be building the land up about an inch either side of that tomorrow, (Jeff / Binny is coming around tonight for a running session).

Maybe some pics of it later though.

This is what I was going to have, a raised area and a Cutting,

post-9335-0-62657600-1456613093_thumb.jpg

BUT I already have one Cutting, I don't need two.

So here's what's planned, a Stream. The Land will be raised up a little more each side of it, think Hemyock.

post-9335-0-26789600-1456613208_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-96206600-1456613294_thumb.jpg

A vey pleasant Running Session with Jeff, (Binny) this evening resulted in a couple of interlopers in the shape of his 4F and Type 3 having an airing on the Pen Branch.

post-9335-0-89583500-1456613505_thumb.jpg

Mine (43875) came out to play as well.

post-9335-0-78152900-1456613576_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-86014000-1456613668_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-65702900-1456613705_thumb.jpg

Looks like a really nice model railway mate.

I do like the clays in the siding, very Bodmin General.

Kind regards,

Nick.

It looks really good. I'm just hoping that the changes aren't too much.

Thanks Nick and Duncan, Tonight's Running Session once again proved its worth, a nice sequence carrying on from yesterday, superb, just one extra Service.

post-9335-0-12241600-1456615447_thumb.jpg

DON'T LOOK AT THE DESTINATION BLIND, its lost, hahhahahah

post-9335-0-35884000-1456615476_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07356500-1456615559_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14406200-1456615593_thumb.jpg

Yes I know its a Quarter to Three in the morning, :O but something Jeff suggested last night keeps playing on my mind, so I needed to do some research, all will be revealed later today, (if I can stay awake). hahha

Archived