Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Could be - but I think if I had a Lotus Cortina I wouldn't waste it pulling a caravan ;)

I had a Lotus Cortina Look alike, same colour scheme but normal wheels and a Standard 1600 Engine, looked good at the Traffic Lights but was POOO against a Mini 1275 GT, hahha

A busy couple of days ahead, I'm out all day today and I have West Shed at the Mansfield Exhibition over the weekend, and then I'm out all day Monday, but I should get a little more done next week.

• RMweb Premium

Up-Date,= The Pencarne District Council are at loggerheads with The Pencarne Horticultural Society over the use of the Land near the Stream for a potential Allotments. For many years its been Common Land and as such the Local Caravan Club have had exclusive use of it. It will be interesting to see what happens at the Council meeting next Month and see if there is a Change of use for the Land, in the meantime its well frequented by Grockels  visiting the area.

attachicon.gifCaravan Park 1 001.JPG

attachicon.gifCaravan Park 1 002.JPG

GRASS will be added soon.

Hi Andy

I never knew my distant cousins had such posh motors. :no:  :no:  Mind you the locals have them moved on as soon as they can. :yes: :yes:

Before anyone gets on their high horse, my paternal grandmother said we have Roma ancestry and the way some people treat Roma and Travellers is very distasteful. 

• Like 4

Lovely work on the River bed and the surrounding area Andy. Once again its added more to the rural feel of the layout.

As for the caravans. Perhaps change the cars for Ford transits. That will have the residents of Pencarne up in arms that travellers have moved onto their lovely riverside meadow !! :nono:

Have a good weekend in Mansfield

Cheers

Marcus 

• Like 4

Morning all, Well a good weekend at the Mansfield Show with West Shed, and I'm out today, but I might get a little  Flockage done tonight or tomorrow on the Camp site. pics will follow if I do.

• Like 3

Keeping the fruit and cake analogy in mind (aren't caravans just  sheds with wheels)....? :scratchhead:

( :tomato: By the way a tomato is a fruit as it contains seeds)

Edited by BobM
  • Like 2

Morning all, and thanks Guys and Galls for all the like's etc. Nothing done last night in the end, I think I was washed out from a long weekend and being busy Friday and Monday, (yesterday) but hopefully some progress will be made later today.

• Like 1

Hi all, well I decided to do the Field for the Caravan Camp Site today whilst the Cork on North Road was drying and the Weathered Locos, (see West Shed were drying).

I 've tried a new product for me, its WS Static Grass but I cant get it to actually stand up so I will look at it again once the PVA has dried. There is still much to do around the Stream in the way of Fences, Bushes and Shrubs etc. but its coming on fairly well.

attachicon.gifCaravan Park 2 (1).JPG

attachicon.gifCaravan Park 2 (2).JPG

Looking great Andy but...a Deltic in the Duchy? :)

Regards,

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

You know if you can't get that grass to behave you could always ask Al to lend you his mower! :drag:

Looking good as always, I'm interested to see the caravan site develop. Knowing you it'll be first class and what a great idea to have a feature that can be changed around. The campers can come and go just like the trains!

Shaun

• Like 2

How are you going to replicate the tip-tap-tip-tap annoying noise of the rain on the caravan roofs or is Pencarne one of those so called idyllic West Country spots were the weather is always good...............don't dare say yes, I've holidayed in Cornwall spending most of the fortnight at INDOOR attractions = costly exercise !

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

How are you going to replicate the tip-tap-tip-tap annoying noise of the rain on the caravan roofs or is Pencarne one of those so called idyllic West Country spots were the weather is always good...............don't dare say yes, I've holidayed in Cornwall spending most of the fortnight at INDOOR attractions = costly exercise !

Hi Mike

When I was a kid we had a holiday at Conway were we spent most the time in the caravan due to the rain. It was great, the North Wales Coast line went past the site and I spent all my time looking out the windie trainspotting. Class 40s galore. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear about your problems with WS static grass. Are you using one of their applicators? I was going to get one but I know there're a bit pricey. They look good in their videos though.

Hi Mike

When I was a kid we had a holiday at Conway were we spent most the time in the caravan due to the rain. It was great, the North Wales Coast line went past the site and I spent all my time looking out the windie trainspotting. Class 40s galore. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Thanks Guys, Its always SUNNY in Pencarne Valley.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear about your problems with WS static grass. Are you using one of their applicators? I was going to get one but I know there're a bit pricey. They look good in their videos though.

Na Jonathan, just a normal 3 inch Sieve from Finescale Model Railways. It normally works fine with Noch and Woodlands Scenic Static Grass.

• Like 2

Have you tested the battery recently?

Thanks for that tip Mike, BUT they were BRAND NEW when I put them in a couple of years ago, hahhahahhaha :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

Edited by Andrew P

Finished Breakfast, so I'm off out into the Old Potting Shed to finish the Weathering job, hoover up the un-stuck Flock from the Field and see what needs doing on there next, I'll be back in for Elevenses at Eleven.

• Like 5

The Flock has just left a Field of almost Green Velvet look to it, It will probably need re doing with some Noch Grass in places but I will be putting some NEW BATTERIES in the Grass applicator later and see if it lifts it a bit.

To be fair the fibres are only about 1mm max anyway so I cant expect much.

Off to North Road now to do a Morning report on proceedings over there.

• Like 5