7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

You could get the whole of Par in 4mm on that board, then join it to DitD...

Come on Ross, me and Mr Gummage have had trains running on our projects today.

Is that why you have fallen back to the comfort of the class 50 avatar

Andy

The adage " you can please some of the people ............." seems appropriate here. 

Superb carpentry on those base boards, just pleased that I will not be heaving them in and out of vans / trailers!

• RMweb Premium

does tha

The adage " you can please some of the people ............." seems appropriate here. 

Superb carpentry on those base boards, just pleased that I will not be heaving them in and out of vans / trailers!

does that make you one of the people he cant please?

Andy

You could get the whole of Par in 4mm on that board, then join it to DitD...

Yes, but he'd only fill it with more blue diesels and why would anyone want to do that when they can have Manning Wardles and beautiful carriages?

• RMweb Gold

Paul at EDM is going to have the Slaters coach kits at Shepton on Saturday, albeit without the castings which will be sent separately as they haven't arrived. He said a few left for general sale ;) I expect they will go fast so might be worth dropping him a pm about photos.

Paul at EDM is going to have the Slaters coach kits at Shepton on Saturday, albeit without the castings which will be sent separately as they haven't arrived. He said a few left for general sale ;) I expect they will go fast so might be worth dropping him a pm about photos.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

I've now ordered the first rolling stock for the layout; coaches 15 & 16.

Excellent.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the heads up on that.

I've now ordered the first rolling stock for the layout; coaches 15 & 16.

Excellent.

Decided on a livery or are you going for different on each side?

If you think it's just about running trains you need to have a good look at the 'Brit Vic' thread...

RIP

• RMweb Gold

Painting the two liveries on the coaches works well. DLT has done the same on Bridport / Charmouth. Not really noticeable until the coach runs round a corner. Providing your curves (the layout ones), then shouldn't be an issue.

Painting the two liveries on the coaches works well. DLT has done the same on Bridport / Charmouth. Not really noticeable until the coach runs round a corner. Providing your curves (the layout ones), then shouldn't be an issue.

I've been thinking about what you said on this and if I could adopt this approach. Below, taken from 'Measured and Drawn' are the three liveries I understand the coaches carried. 

post-8734-0-51265100-1487491901_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-19094200-1487491917_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-96626600-1487491937_thumb.jpg

The roof colour was lead white weathering to grey across all three liveries, so looking possible, except...

The coach ends, I presume DLT has used a neutral ' non livery colour such as black? I believe the L&B coaches carried the main body colour on the ends, certainly the preserved ones at Woody Bay carry the Indian red body colour.

So on the face of it not possible.

I don't know what colour the ends of the southern green coaches were?

• RMweb Gold

Yes the L&B carried the main colour round the ends. Dave has the fresh out of the shops Indian red and white panels with a flat similar red end and the same plain weathered down red on the other side. It's just like they gave up painting the panelling a different colour. Very effective and even where you stand on one side of Bridport and see the other side as it comes into view round the corner it doesn't really shout out the difference as the tones work so well.

You could get away with the two L&B red liveries with this idea I'm afraid you're going to have to buy two sets to do the greens as well ;)

I had a very quick peek yesterday and can't do any better than the photos already out there but it's well up to the usual Slaters standard and only the impending arrival of the 009 locos and saying remember the space stopped an impulse buy. They really are very nice coaches.

Edited by PaulRhB

• 3 weeks later...