The Patiala State Monorail Trainways

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Moving up from the river bed, the rock faces have been started

post-7025-0-52085500-1458718129_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-24251400-1458718148_thumb.jpg

Whilst watching Roger Moore running round the Indian countryside in Octopussy the other day, I noticed how green everywhere looked. There were big ferns, ivys, and other tree-like things, so this layout will need a coating of various shades of green & plenty of foliage.

Oh, and some track, too, at some point. But no points.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Moving up from the river bed, the rock faces have been started

attachicon.gif20160323_071134.jpg

attachicon.gif20160323_071158.jpg

Whilst watching Roger Moore running round the Indian countryside in Octopussy the other day, I noticed how green everywhere looked. There were big ferns, ivys, and other tree-like things, so this layout will need a coating of various shades of green & plenty of foliage.

Oh, and some track, too, at some point. But no points.

That's because the set was/is not India.......probably. However it could also have been the film used at the time so beware of flock that is like that continental flock off stuff that makes many models of 'abroad' look like it is made of plastic. 

Google earth might be a better indicator of the colours of the area?

S. Speilberg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The picture of Patiala on its Wiki page matches Stu's description. Yea I know Wiki!

Edit to say Patiala is in Punjab BTW, sorry anorak mode off.

Edited by dhjgreen

• RMweb Premium

The picture of Patiala on its Wiki page matches Stu's description. Yea I know Wiki!

Edit to say Patiala is in Punjab BTW, sorry anorak mode off.

I retract all statements about flock and bow to the Vickipodium informative.

House building today...

I'm guessing that there ought to be an outside convenience too...

Yes but they don’t usually worry about walls or plumbing. I’ve been following the BBC website about the lack of sewage plumbing in the Sub-Continent. You’d enjoy it, Stu.

Best, Pete.

Yes but they don’t usually worry about walls or plumbing. I’ve been following the BBC website about the lack of sewage plumbing in the Sub-Continent. You’d enjoy it, Stu.

Best, Pete.

You need an open sewer and a pig.....

• RMweb Premium

You need an open sewer and a pig.....

And some piles of dung drying on the river bank so that they can be used as fuel.

Much of the Punjab is very green due to some very extensive and intricate irrigation works installed many years ago in pre-Independence times.

And some piles of dung drying on the river bank so that they can be used as fuel.

Much of the Punjab is very green due to some very extensive and intricate irrigation works installed many years ago in pre-Independence times.

Its not known as the bread basket of India for no reason

• RMweb Premium

I found Patiala on a globe wot I have got, so it must be quite important. It's northern India so near the mountains and thus would be quite green and verdant and maybe misty. If you don't quite have time to finish the layout you could hire a dry ice machine and create an enveloping mist................. :acute:

Ten Singh

Edited by Mallard60022