Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

Good evening again

Once again thank you for the welcome.

After having a think about what I would like to capture I have decided it will be the area around Cherry Tree in Beverley in the BR Blue period as it is what I can remember best. One of my very earliest memories was of the old swing gates which must have been in the late 60's, no idea why this has stuck with me but it has. Having said that it was a few years later that I began taking a more avid interest in the area and the passing trains so BR Blue it has to be. 

As I have been invited to the NEC this weekend I shall no doubt come back with some grand plan which will never work so, hopefully, when I get around to the initial track plan / layout some kind soul may cast an eye over it and tell me where I have gone wrong.

A couple more pictures today, the quality is poor but I think the visit was unique although I stand to be corrected. It's Sir Lamiel running from Hull to Scarbrough on 18/09/1982

post-30500-0-92975300-1479930751_thumb.jpgpost-30500-0-14337600-1479930753.jpg

Edited by SIMON6135
  • Like 5

post-30500-0-51110300-1480009402_thumb.jpg

Simon, the barriers were installed at Cherry Tree Sunday 18 September 1966, after that, time almost stood still until the signalbox was dispensed with as from Sunday 17 March 1985.

Hello Mick

Thanks for the reply. I must be imagining things, I would only have been 2 and a bit years old!!

I know what you mean about time standing still though, the only thing that I can remember that was any real change was the demolition of the gate keepers cottage on the corner of Mill Lane.

Another photo tonight, 4468 approaching said crossing from the Bridlington direction, I can still feel the frustration when the camera jammed as the train was approaching hence the going away shot.

Simon

• Like 3

post-30500-0-41350400-1480963841_thumb.jpg

Good evening all

Mick, once again you are spot on. After rummaging through a few old note books I found the entry dated as 12/04/1987 along with 47280 at the other end. 

The really good news is that I have been granted permission to start with something that I hope one day will look like Cherry Tree in the BR blue era, subject to the usual decorating, gardening, shopping and all the rest of the list which will obviously take priority over any modelling whatsoever at all!!

Simon

Edited by SIMON6135
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I hope you will be able to get started on that model of Beverley Cherry Tree, Simon. I am sure everyone is looking forward to seeing it progress once you get started on it. I hope you might consider posting some progress reports on it in this thread.

With best regards,

Rob.

Water softeners, Hessle, 1947

Credit: Angus Young, Hull Daily Mail

attachicon.gifIMG_0156.JPG

Great picture - that looks like a C6 (NER V09) serving as a stationary boiler - likely to be 696 (2939), or 698 (2941).

Both were shedded at Dairycoates in August 1946, along with 742 (2933), but it can't be the latter, which was a 1904 build with wider splashers. All withdrawn by March 1948 says RCTS Part 3A.

Sad end for such an elegant locomotive.

Regards,

Roy Marshall

Water softeners, Hessle, 1947

Credit: Angus Young, Hull Daily Mail

attachicon.gifIMG_0156.JPG

Great picture - that looks like a C6 (NER V09) serving as a stationary boiler - likely to be 696 (2939), or 698 (2941).

Both were shedded at Dairycoates in August 1946, along with 742 (2933), but it can't be the latter, which was a 1904 build with wider splashers. All withdrawn by March 1948 says RCTS Part 3A.

Sad end for such an elegant locomotive.

Regards,

Roy Marshall

The photo is in Yeadon Part 31 and is captioned 2939 (ie 696). Indeed a sad end.

I hope you will be able to get started on that model of Beverley Cherry Tree, Simon. I am sure everyone is looking forward to seeing it progress once you get started on it. I hope you might consider posting some progress reports on it in this thread.

With best regards,

Rob.

Good evening

I will indeed be more than happy to share the progress with you all. At the moment its still in the planning and working out what will fit in to the available space stage but once there is some thing to see I will gladly post pictures. Lets face it we can all do with a laugh once in a while! Another picture tonight this time in Hull, apparently the date was 17th March 1988 and "City of Wells" was being used in conjunction with TV commercial that was being filmed. Anybody any idea what it was advertising?

post-30500-0-55663400-1481398698_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Good evening

I will indeed be more than happy to share the progress with you all. At the moment its still in the planning and working out what will fit in to the available space stage but once there is some thing to see I will gladly post pictures. Lets face it we can all do with a laugh once in a while! Another picture tonight this time in Hull, apparently the date was 17th March 1988 and "City of Wells" was being used in conjunction with TV commercial that was being filmed. Anybody any idea what it was advertising?

Tinned Spam?

Good evening

Ferrero Rocher.