Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone. Firstly I wish to thank Mick for the superb photo's, especially those of York and Hull. Please keep them coming.

Tonight we are having a look at Bridlington station from last Thursday afternoon whilst waiting for the 17.06 train to Hull. There had just been a torrential downpour.

post-22631-0-36697400-1470691815_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-30837800-1470691835_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Rob.

• Like 8

Does anyone know of a source for laser cut '0' gauge North Eastern style signalbox windows. I've  had a look at York Model Makers  and see they do a wide range but not sure if any of theirs are suitable.

I'm interested in having a go at the box that was next to Scarborough shed.

Thanks

Ian H  

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for that excellent photo of Sculcoates Junction signal box as in c1910. A fascinating  and historical view. And, Dave, thank you for the lovely photo' of an HST at Brough in 1990. That is equally historical and interesting.

Tonight I have a photo' of Hull Paragon in November, 2011. It shows 2 class 20's on a RHTT train, a class 180 DMU in the sidings and, just visible, in platform 2, another class 180 DMU.

post-22631-0-70665300-1471038851_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Rob.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Rob, for those two photo's. They bring some memories back from that day of seeing it pass through Beverley. Sadly I did not get to photograph the train.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

I noticed the other day while sat at the level crossing, that Howden 'box has a brand new fence round it and the ground tidied up. Although I wouldn't swear to it, some of the brickwork looks to have has been repointed too.

steve

• RMweb Premium

I noticed the other day while sat at the level crossing, that Howden 'box has a brand new fence round it and the ground tidied up. Although I wouldn't swear to it, some of the brickwork looks to have has been repointed too.

steve

I believe it is a listed building?

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for those latest photo's. Please keep them coming, they form such a valuable historical record.

Tonight I have a photo from more recent times, of the Hull and Scarborough railway near  Bempton. It was taken on 26th, April, 2009. It shows an unidentified class 158 DMU, climbing out of Bempton on its way to Filey and Scarborough.

post-22631-0-27318200-1471640359_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 4