Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Sorry Mick

York yard south where the line in the picture originates.

Until York was resignalled in 88 you still got an S for Scarborough if heading for York shed from York yard south even though I believe the connection for the actual Scarborough line was removed in the early 70s

Sorry Mick

York yard south where the line in the picture originates.

Until York was resignalled in 88 you still got an S for Scarborough if heading for York shed from York yard south even though I believe the connection for the actual Scarborough line was removed in the early 70s

It was certainly a double track in 1956 when I started spotting and I suspect it was doubled when the Waterworks box was removed during the resignalling after the war.

Roy, thanks for the correction. I simply copied what was on the caption of the original print, and like you, I have the books to "Cross Ref". I have been spending time "Cleaning Up" numerious York pictures, as research for my mate's, forth comming 7mm scale layout of c1937.

• Like 1

Mick,

A 7mm layout of York will be something to see!

And if you've got more York pictures of that quality, I look forward to them, hopefully, on here. What do you use for cleaning them up?

It's rare that I can challenge a caption, but I've got pictures of a B16/2 near Northallerton - the caption says April 64, but there's too much foliage on the trees for April, I think - I reckon there are only buds in April at best.

Regards,

Roy

Roy, I use "iPicky" it's a free download. It appears to do all what "photoshop" will do, and I must admitt the "Advance" stuff is for the time being well beond me. The only downside there is not a instruction book to read, you are on your own.

theres bound to be an accident report for it somewhere in an archive, but itll take a very log time to find it

Not necessarily, it looks to be a relatively low speed derailment so it might not have made a full BoT investigation.

Not East Yorkshire, but possibly time to reflect, by the date it is forty eight years, and more or less has now since British Railways ran it's last revenue steam hauled train. A much younger me ( I'm now a Great Grand Father) stood along side a LMS "5" at Carnforth 1 August 1968, I don't recolect seeing a sole, and certainly we were not "Challenged".

post-702-0-09644400-1470264033_thumb.jpg

• Like 7