Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick for continuing to post such excellent photos, and that one at Denaby, with the land slip on the branch line is of such interest. Is there anymore information about the land slip? Did they manage to get all the engines repaired?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more photos when you are able to post them.

Very best regards,

Rob.

Thank you, Mick for continuing to post such excellent photos, and that one at Denaby, with the land slip on the branch line is of such interest. Is there anymore information about the land slip? Did they manage to get all the engines repaired?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more photos when you are able to post them.

Very best regards,

Rob.

Rob, yes, the engine was soon back in traffic. The engine seen in the background was the "Rescue" engine.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for more of those excellent historic photo's. Please post more when you are able to.

Here's another video of Galatea, this time from Thursday. There are some additional carriages of Mk1 design, and also class 37, 37699 on the rear. It departed at 17.15, on time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLBjAHOzvs

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Joint Dock Junction signalbox Hull, built by the NERly c1903, to work the construction traffic off the then Withernsea Branch for the new "Joint Dock", or what we now call King George Dock. The line remains in use today as the only rail link to the dock.

post-702-0-42385500-1501973797_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Hessle Haven signalbox, by night.

attachicon.gifHESSLE HAVEN at Night.jpg

This photo makes me remember coming back from Brough on a D.M.U. travelling at speed on the Down Main. Sitting at the front you got a view of that diamond crossing just by the box. The crossing always seemed to be slightly out of true, giving the impression the train could be on it's way up the cabin steps before it jerked back in the right direction.

Keep up the good work young man. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. Here's a photo' I've just come across of what was once Nunburnholme station on the York to Market Weighton line. It was actually next to the village of Burnby, but that name conflicted with another Burnby on the NER, so had to be changed. The former station can be seen from a few years ago, with the tracks long lifted. Please note that the photo' is reproduced under the Creative Commons License.

post-22631-0-63411100-1505764131.jpg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 3