Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. It's great how the railways of Hull have much more history than people may sometimes think. I am following the discussion with great interest.

Tonight, I have some photo's of Arram, on the line to Bridlington, that I took in the morning today. I hope they will be of some interest too.

post-22631-0-23916900-1516566804_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-78562200-1516566828_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-59897300-1516566868_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-15734800-1516566893_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. I have two photo's from, June, 1989. The first one shows a class 142 unit in Beverley station about to depart to Hull. The second photo' shows another class 142 passing Beverley Parks, next stop Beverley.

post-22631-0-64429900-1516828176_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-28649900-1516828198_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

That is a superb photo' of the lovely class D20, Mick. Thank you for posting it.

Tonight I have a photo' which I took earlier today at Hull Paragon station which is of a class 142 DMU. Don't forget that they will soon be history for soon they will have all been withdrawn and replaced with either new units or secondhand replacements - i.e class 150's, etc.

post-22631-0-29149500-1517008007_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. Tonight I have a couple of photo's of Scarborough from 6th October, 2010. They show, as taken from a train, Falsgrave signal box, and a part of the former signal bridge. The box, now  closed, is still there, but there are grills over the windows, and I am not clear about it's future role, if any. The signal bridge is now at Grosmont on the NYMR.

post-22631-0-10895800-1517087272_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-66930100-1517087299_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I've got a feeling it was said the time it closed that Falsgrave box was going to be used by the local model railway club, but I've no idea whether that happened.

No, the LMS engine is far superior in both looks and function.

Mick,

I'm sorry I can't agree - nothing against "flying pigs", but the D20s were elegant, ex-NER and were very effective engines of their time.

Biased - me?

Great picture, by the way.

Regards,

Roy

I've got a feeling it was said the time it closed that Falsgrave box was going to be used by the local model railway club, but I've no idea whether that happened.

As a committee  member of Scarborough & District Railway Modellers I can confirm that we are NOT using Falsgrave signal box as a clubroom.

Ian H 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. I would like to thank Mick for last nights trip down memory lane with the railways of Hull. It was most entertaining and enjoyable. A good number of the photos are new ones from my personal point of view. The room was packed and it just shows how well regarded these slide shows are.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

Hello, everyone. I would like to thank Mick for last nights trip down memory lane with the railways of Hull. It was most entertaining and enjoyable. A good number of the photos are new ones from my personal point of view. The room was packed and it just shows how well regarded these slide shows are.

Best regards,

Rob.

Rob, many thanks for your kind words, I'm pleased you enjoyed the night, I understand others also did. I have been invited back January 2019, and I have already started putting "New" pictures together.

Rob, many thanks for your kind words, I'm pleased you enjoyed the night, I understand others also did. I have been invited back January 2019, and I have already started putting "New" pictures together.

I was hoping to go last night, but was put off by the thought of a train journey back to Selby with a load of Leeds United fans. Hope to make it next year.