Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

Mick, do you have any photos of the 15t Cowan and Sheldon steam crane? I am chasing around for information on it at the moment. I have some information that it didnt really have a match truck but either a 2 plank wagon or from 1938 a LNER steel plate wagon. The jib was locked in position when travelling. 

thanks

Mick, do you have any photos of the 15t Cowan and Sheldon steam crane? I am chasing around for information on it at the moment. I have some information that it didnt really have a match truck but either a 2 plank wagon or from 1938 a LNER steel plate wagon. The jib was locked in position when travelling. 

thanks

Possibly, I will have a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone a picture of the pair of 68's on a Carlisle to Hedon Road working yesterday

Yes, I am afraid so. the quality is appalling though!

There is a much better photo on Flickr, if you search for 68034 it should show up.

post-30500-0-41208500-1510952708_thumb.jpg

Edited by SIMON6135
  • Like 6

E8402?  Now THAT is interesting, definitely a variation to model, then to keep a copy of the photo handy for when you get the inevitable "excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me" from the viewing side.

Does anybody know if this is completely unique or were other locos done in this way as a trial?

E8402?  Now THAT is interesting, definitely a variation to model, then to keep a copy of the photo handy for when you get the inevitable "excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me" from the viewing side.

Does anybody know if this is completely unique or were other locos done in this way as a trial?

Boris, many engines got for a sort time the prefix "E" ex LNERly, "M" ex LMSRly, "S" ex Southern Rly and pressumably "W" ex GWRly.

Boris, many engines got for a sort time the prefix "E" ex LNERly, "M" ex LMSRly, "S" ex Southern Rly and pressumably "W" ex GWRly.

The days of indecision, the Southern Region was instructed to add 30,000 to the numbers already on their locomotives. This they did in the following manner,  202 became 30,202!

Edited by Judge Dread