Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for that delightful photo ‘ of Botanic station and crossing. And it’s great seeing a tram too.

Tonight I have two photo’s of Hutton Cranswick station taken earlier this month, in glorious sunny weather. I hope they will be of some interest.

This is a view from the level crossing looking up the line towards Beverley:

post-22631-0-75432100-1529960994_thumb.jpeg

And this is a view of the station, looking down the line towards Driffield:

post-22631-0-68582700-1529961064_thumb.jpeg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for that excellent photo ‘ of Hutton Cranswick station. How the clothes we wear have changed, amongst many other things too.

Well tonight, I’ve two more photo’s of the station. More precisely, the station house, and what was once the goods yard. They were taken on the same day as the previous two.

The first one, shows that the station house has not changed too much since that photo’ from c1905 was taken. The second photo’ of what was once the goods yard shows a remarkable, and, I guess, inevitable, transformation into a new housing estate called The Sidings. All change there. (The former goods warehouse can be seen in the background).

post-22631-0-24510100-1530133487_thumb.jpeg

post-22631-0-30251600-1530133514_thumb.jpeg

Best regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for that excellent photo’ of Bubwith. It’s a lovely place, which I’ve cycled through many times.

Tonight it’s a case of from Bubwith to Kilnwick on the Beverley to Driffield line. A selection of photo’s which I took earlier today. They show the ivy and leaf covered remains of a standard LNER concrete line side hut. Also, on the other side of the line, what appears to be the remains of a platform or the base of a building - signal cabin?

The hut on the up side of the line:

post-22631-0-54960300-1530478149_thumb.jpeg

The brick base for a platform or building:

post-22631-0-24595800-1530478225_thumb.jpeg

Looking down the line:

post-22631-0-38820600-1530478290_thumb.jpeg

And looking up the line to Beverley:

post-22631-0-52620100-1530478360_thumb.jpeg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

And never regret a minute of it ;)

steve

Wholeheartedly agree Steve. (Aplogies for late response, just got back from holiday).

Regards, Ian.

• Like 1

Ex H&BRly Class B No79. Nothing on card, but said to be Springhead, which it clearly is not, the engine is stood on a 60ft turntable, and the only one on the H&B Section was at Cudworth, a 1925 replacement. Looking at "Old Maps" and Cudworth shed, it could well be there.

post-702-0-28909200-1531671411_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Goole.

Do you remember when there was no trees, and it used to be a stabling point.

full of ingi type 1`s ,3`s, & 4`s. 

I remember a few years ago walking along the line in the Mineral Junction/Engine Shed Junction area and seeing all the bushes and trees growing up through the tracks and engulfing the colourlight signals. Strange thing was, all the signals were still lit (and were to be maintained so) as "network change" had not been instituted and, in theory, the line/sidings could still be used/accessed. Quite surreal seeing lit lamps through all the shrubbery.

Regards, Ian.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick. That’s fascinating, and something which I was not aware of. I think you’re right, in that shortage of funds would have stopped it. A shame since it was clearly most progressive and modern.

Best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

B1 61125 on a Up Express, 15 October 1960, Selby Street, Hull. Photo', The late Mike Lake.

attachicon.gifSELBY STREET 61125, 15 10 1960 .jpg

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for sharing yet another 'atmospheric' photo of a bygone age (I just about remember the steam age first hand). An interesting photo re the signalling. I assume it is a period of resignalling in the area and the colourlight signal has not yet been brought into use, as both arms on the mechanical signal are "off".

Regards, Ian.

It was 19 September 1961 before Colour Light signals were introduced at Anlaby Road signalbox, why the delay, I have no idea.

Don't you blame me young man! I was there but I was more interested in keeping our S & T van floors and table tops clean. Oh and keeping a kettle boiling always  in case we had visitors.  :no:

Sorry for intruding into this wonderful thread of images, but I thought RMwebbers might be interested in a new exhibition being held in one of the new (though vacant) retail units at Hull Paragon Station on the History of East Yorkshire's railways. Details here

I have no involvement, but I will stick my head in at some point. That said, the absence of Forty Steps Halt on their map doesn't inspire huge confidence...

CoY

Sorry for intruding into this wonderful thread of images, but I thought RMwebbers might be interested in a new exhibition being held in one of the new (though vacant) retail units at Hull Paragon Station on the History of East Yorkshire's railways. Details here

I have no involvement, but I will stick my head in at some point. That said, the absence of Forty Steps Halt on their map doesn't inspire huge confidence...

CoY

Forty Steps and Springhead Halt, are not the  same place.