Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

• 2 weeks later...

HI all,

Thought I would share with you this image showing the latest edition to my fleet - a class 59 in ARC livery.

Now suitably DCC chipped, driver fitted and ready for duty…..

PS - Agree about the comment about the PGA hoppers finished in the ARC paintwork…..

Finally, Happy New Year.

IMG_6223.jpeg

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Going2theDogs said:

HI all,

Thought I would share with you this image showing the latest edition to my fleet - a class 59 in ARC livery.

PS - Agree about the comment about the PGA hoppers finished in the ARC paintwork…..

Finally, Happy New Year.

IMG_6223.jpeg

Happy new year,  im still waiting on the freightliner one to come

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Going2theDogs said:

HI all,

Finally, Happy New Year.

IMG_6223.jpeg

The cuppa completes the picture

😀

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had a go at correcting the lighting on the 59/1 or /2? Thanks to posters in this thread I sorted my 59/0 this week and very pleased (need to yellow the colour and prevent light bleed into tail lights).

20240131_022726.jpg.d15ba8a5bf34281545844fb1948d8d55.jpg

I started fiddling with my 59/1 and unfortunately have now lost the headlight at one end, grrr. May remedy by moving the left marker light to the headlight location as I very rarely change to night running. But, there must be a wiring fix to do this correctly, which I imagine involves splitting the markers and wiring them to the opposite day/night light. 

RST125-19

Both now sound fitted with excellent Biffo sound, and the 59/0 has the new ESU speaker which is a big improvement on the EM1 setup in the 59/1, tho still acceptable - just quieter!

IMG_20231211_192725.jpg.4eca4d0ce626db49385d27ac794250f7.jpg

Edited by SouthernMafia
  • Like 2

On 30/11/2023 at 21:40, Marcoblanco said:

anybody know if its possible to refit the smoke version of these with a sound decoder of choice or does this effect the smoke unit making it not work? 

I've been told by Dapol that the smoke unit is not controlled by the decoder.  So the smoke unit is independent of decoder.  So should be ok.

I've seen my Dad's one in ARC livery.  The quality and the paint finish / livery is superb. 

The pulling power and running are excellent too.

6 hours ago, Southernman46 said:

Now you've tossed that one into the ring - an ARC 59 on a SW (?) Iron Ore train ................................................ !

Yep happened in the mid-late 90s with a down turn in Mendip stone traffic, details in this caption:

59101 Port Talbot 21st March 1997

Perhaps Sir would prefer a Yeoman 59/0 with his ore?

59001 East Usk Junc, Newport

• Like 6

I've just purchased one of the Foster Yeoman 59005's in DC, but will want to convert to DCC when it arrives, an Imperium decoder seems to be the preferred one (not looking to do sound for now), but I'm wondering whether I should order an Imperium 1 (6 function) or Imperium 3 (8 function) for it?

Any advice gratefully received.

• RMweb Gold
On 08/02/2024 at 12:35, R.Langley said:

I've just purchased one of the Foster Yeoman 59005's in DC, but will want to convert to DCC when it arrives, an Imperium decoder seems to be the preferred one (not looking to do sound for now), but I'm wondering whether I should order an Imperium 1 (6 function) or Imperium 3 (8 function) for it?

Any advice gratefully received.

Given the price difference is minimal and that the Imperium 3 is sometimes cheaper, go 8 function as you may wish to reuse that later. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 01/02/2024 at 14:51, NewSiding said:

I've been told by Dapol that the smoke unit is not controlled by the decoder.  So the smoke unit is independent of decoder.  So should be ok.

I've seen my Dad's one in ARC livery.  The quality and the paint finish / livery is superb. 

The pulling power and running are excellent too.

There's a switch inside the loco body of the smoke generator fitted variants to enable/disable the generator.  I've a DCC/smoke gen loco that I got when one of the retailers had them on special offer a couple of months ago. I'll be switching the smoke off when I put it into service!

• Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, Hroth said:

There's a switch inside the loco body of the smoke generator fitted variants to enable/disable the generator.  I've a DCC/smoke gen loco that I got when one of the retailers had them on special offer a couple of months ago. I'll be switching the smoke off when I put it into service!

can i ask why you would turn it off and also how do you re fill to get the smoke and is it water or do you have to buy the stuff?,  i ordered the freightliner and gbrf with  sound and smoke

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2024 at 15:04, The Meerkat said:

can i ask why you would turn it off and also how do you re fill to get the smoke and is it water or do you have to buy the stuff?,  i ordered the freightliner and gbrf with  sound and smoke

Mainly because I don't want to run the smoke generator without any smoke fluid. The loco comes with some Dapol labelled fluid, though I don't know its composition.  A couple of drops are administered via dropper through the exhaust.

On 23/01/2024 at 16:51, The Meerkat said:

hi all,  i no q1 is end of march but is this still on track or is it q2 now?

On 19/02/2024 at 14:28, Markn said:

Wonder where 59003 is up to... Guess it will be in the next batch now, wherever that's up to, hopefully still Q1.

I don't think we will see the next batch until at least late qtr 3/4 of the year as Dapol haven't shown any livery samples yet which they usually do when they have them.

19 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Does the smoke look anything bordering on realistic ? Ones I’ve seen demonstrate smoke isn’t scaleable 

Not at all realistic I'm afraid, quite wispy in the ones I've seen.

• Agree 5

On 20/02/2024 at 14:19, Hroth said:

Mainly because I don't want to run the smoke generator without any smoke fluid. The loco comes with some Dapol labelled fluid, though I don't know its composition.  A couple of drops are administered via dropper through the exhaust.

does it come with a dropper or you get them elsewhere?

On 20/02/2024 at 20:29, sc2016 said:

I don't think we will see the next batch until at least late qtr 3/4 of the year as Dapol haven't shown any livery samples yet which they usually do when they have them.

thank you very much for that,   hopefully we see them spoon

• RMweb Gold
On 18/12/2023 at 22:32, Marcoblanco said:

I don't like that green on 101. Yuk 🤢

Should've kept it retro mustard Arc 😔

I believe the term is “rancid”! I feel the need to froth! 😄