Fantasy Class 35 Hymek

Zen

Does anyone recall a photo being on the web several years ago of a scantily clad young lady sat at the controls of one of the preserved Hymeks, allegedly for a calendar shot. Or was that my fevered imagination again?

Neil

Oh yes, 34G wasn't it.

My OP was something about a Class 35 dedicated to David Lloyd Victor Woodham and asking your opinion on your ideas for the paint job. Perhaps a little too much christmas spirit Lol

Now that's just gone and spoilt it!!!!

I was waiting for some 'eager' comments just after too much spirit ;)

Jinty ;)

Spirit? Ah yes. It was WHITE spirit.... .can't you see it next to the white Hymek in a snow drift?

My OP was something about a Class 35 dedicated to David Lloyd Victor Woodham and asking your opinion on your ideas for the paint job. Perhaps a little too much christmas spirit Lol

On a serious point, (I didn't recognise the name- it isn't the name that this chap usually went by) it is a fitting tribute to name a locomotive after him. After all, most preserved railways would have nothing to run had it not been for his co-operation and assistance.

Many scrap dealers will rip off enthusiasts as they know they specifically want XYZ and will pay what they must; this bloke never did that- only wanting the going rate for scrap (and so I am told often under-charged if it was a worthy cause). A true Gent.

But, for now back to taking the mick. No offence Zen, you're proving to be a good sport.

Back to the main thrust of the argument, was this going to be a fantasy Hymek that lived at North Pole Depot ?

Did it come with the correct Snowman driver figure ?

Did the secondman come to a wet end whilst working the boiler ?

Any chance of a Bachmann tie in model in G 3 to go with you know what on the telly tomorrow night ?

So dare I ask why was it removed? :scratchhead:

Hymek liveries are an interesting subject - especially compared to the other main Hydraulics; why, for instance, did Westerns & Warships get maroon paint, but never a Hymek..??

EDIT:- Sorry everyone :blush: have I ruined the zen-like quality of this thread by going all serious? :(

I do apologise. The white Hymek is really very nice....

I'm sorry to show my ignorance. but was 34G the number of the loco or one of the vital statistics?

I believe ( having no first hand knowledge ! ) that the aforesaid 'photo opportunity ' was taken at Finsbury Park MPD, aka 34G under the BR motive power shed list ( mind, that's a useful depot no to have in the circumstances !)

• RMweb Premium

On my workbench is a blue Heljan Hymek which I am about to renumber and weather. As all my stock has TOPS numbers, the Hymek is really a bit out of place. So do I renumber it 35 029?

PS love the maroon one in post 66.

Archived