The Depots, Rosedale East.

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

I'm very interested to see how you get on alignment wise in service, it looks a great idea.

Perhaps we should be nicking the idea for BCB as presumably you could join two together for longer trains...

The clamp is only to hold it for marking the rail ends, in service there will be some kind of bolt, yet to be decided, can't plan too far ahead, where would be the fun in that?

• Like 1

The clamp is only to hold it for marking the rail ends, in service there will be some kind of bolt, yet to be decided, can't plan too far ahead, where would be the fun in that?

Is there much slop or lateral movement in the draw runners?

ps, thanks for the explanation on removing the clamp...

• RMweb Premium

Planning is so last year, as is working out in advance how the layout will look as a whole.

• RMweb Gold

He nicked the idea from me!!!

Alignment by square tube of 2 adjacent sizes making a nice accurate fit soldered onto pcb screwed to the baseboaed. Each track has it's own alinment peg with one track feed wire to provide isolation.

HTH

Mike.

All tracks will be live as we're DCC, but some kind of bolt.

• RMweb Gold

If you've not got sound, isolating the locos is a safer option.

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

Not everyone is as clever as you Paul, would be a shame to see a scratchbuilt masterpiece hurtle southwards.

Isolation is a safer option, switching on F1 as the loco is exiting the FY gets the sound up and running immediately anyway.

Mike.

He nicked the idea from me!!!

Alignment by square tube of 2 adjacent sizes making a nice accurate fit soldered onto pcb screwed to the baseboaed. Each track has it's own alinment peg with one track feed wire to provide isolation.

HTH

Mike.

Out of interest is there any benefit to using square tube instead of round tube/ bar?

• RMweb Gold

Out of interest is there any benefit to using square tube instead of round tube/ bar?

From an electrical point of view probably not, (although some willy waver will no doubt come along and disprove round being no good because it has less surface area to conduct current!!), I used square so that the operaing/push lever thingy on the movable piece always stayed upright, the round IMHO might have rolled sideways a tad and fouled the stock.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

A bit of progress to show tonight, the bus wires fitted to board 2, it all looks a bit crude but it's solid and it works. the loop entry point servo is fitted, I had to cut a bit of frame away to fit it in, I'll put a bit back later to strengthen the top here. just waiting now for the servo controllers to be made then these can be fitted near the front of the board where they will be in easy reach for adjustment.

post-7104-0-63917600-1486681022_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

A bit of progress to show tonight, the bus wires fitted to board 2, it all looks a bit crude but it's solid and it works. the loop entry point servo is fitted, I had to cut a bit of frame away to fit it in, I'll put a bit back later to strengthen the top here. just waiting now for the servo controllers to be made then these can be fitted near the front of the board where they will be in easy reach for adjustment.

attachicon.gifIMGP9867-001.JPG

Just 2 wires?