Jazz 7mm Workbench

jazz

You've been reading too many Far Eastern instruction manuals Ken :scratchhead:

I like the model too!

Richard

Ha So. Me Confucius.  Meant to say "I would certainly not like to try this operation without a good pillar drill". :mosking:

Hi Simon, The machined block and side control springs are held in place with the top plate and four bolts. The post is bolted to the hole between the cylinders and a bolt & washer is inserted from under the bogie to hold in on the post.

post-150-0-47529500-1413749052.jpg

post-150-0-64793500-1413749079.jpg

Bending the roof with small roller bars. The paper protects the rivet detail and also helps the brass to pass through the bars without skidding.

post-150-0-78650800-1413749093.jpg

The footplate is now under way.

Edited by jazz
  • Like 6

Nice to see photographs of your work bench Ken. Up till now I thought you had a machine that you put the kit bits into at one end and out popped the model in grey primer at the other!!

Nice build by the way.

Regards

Sandy

Edited by Sandy Harper

Thanks Sandy.  Oh aye, I do have an actual workbench :boast:

Just prove it, me in all my glory.

post-150-0-59560000-1413823998.jpg

When I get frustrated, I have this lovely view of the Gt Orme from the W/B.

post-150-0-71573600-1413824235.jpg

Today sees almost all the main soldering up done. Tomorrow I have other things to do, so Wednesday should see almost all the detailing done. (I hope)

post-150-0-93304000-1413824258.jpg

• Like 14

Thanks Sandy.  Oh aye, I do have an actual workbench :boast:

Just prove it, me in all my glory.

attachicon.gifIMG_2407.jpg

When I get frustrated, I have this lovely view of the Gt Orme from the W/B.

attachicon.gifIMG_2402.jpg

Today sees almost all the main soldering up done. Tomorrow I have other things to do, so Wednesday should see almost all the detailing done. (I hope)

attachicon.gifIMG_2408.jpg

I take it the production line and staff are behind the camera!!!!

Hi Sandy, we never tire of looking at the Orme in all it's moods. Just caught the sun setting to the left of it this evening.

post-150-0-51700500-1413998432.jpg

Peter, of course the production team is hidden behind the camera. (A very shy bunch)

Did not quite get where I wanted in the build today, still a few things left to add. Tomorrows another day.

post-150-0-98829600-1413998548.jpg

Edited by jazz
  • Like 12

Finished the King Arthur at last.  I'm now looking the Rainhill Heritage 7mm 'Stephenson's Rocket' kit.

(This should be a very interest exercise, I think.)

The King Arthur ready for the paint shop.

post-150-0-84242300-1414338594.jpg

post-150-0-96686100-1414338605.jpg

• Like 11

OMG. Just unpacked Rocket. What a surprise, it's all lost wax castings. Now that will be interesting :O

(Gearbox excepted.)

post-150-0-59089800-1414340609.jpg

Edited by jazz
  • Like 4

Hi all.  I have discovered the Rocket kit is a Dragon Models/Sanspareil joint venture.   I will have to put on the back burner for now, I have discovered it should have some etches which are missing from the box.  Called Dragon this morning and the etches will be dispatched shortly.

In the mean time, I am tackling a DJB BR 76000 Class 4.

Edited by jazz

Hi Pete. Looks like it's the replica.  Here is a scan of the built up model, as you say, looks very different than the original in the SM London.

post-150-0-57519900-1414432802.jpg

Edited by jazz

• RMweb Gold

Is the replica build not as original then !? I have seen both and knew that there not the same. But always thought that it was the original rocket that must have had a rebuild during the period working at the quarry she went to in her later years.

Is the replica build not as original then !? I have seen both and knew that there not the same. But always thought that it was the original rocket that must have had a rebuild during the period working at the quarry she went to in her later years.

There're not the same, true.  The kit is as the replica and the 'original' is as in the science museum. Now whether the 'original' Rocket was rebuilt to look more like replica, I not know enough about about it's history.

But it still make the 'original' the original and the rebuilt one a rebuild of the original.  So that would kit make the kit a model of the rebuilt original, I think? (now I fell dizzy :mail: )

post-150-0-93658500-1414529784.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just in case I put it badly. Did the real (original ) rocket get built as the replica looks like. And was it at a later date rebuilt to what she is now.

I think that makes sense....

Maybe! Being dyslexic this as got my head hurting now.:)

Edited by farren

I have never seen it in the science museum looks nice,I shall have to look into its history more now,Your fault jazz

Always happy to cause controversy.  The kit absolutely depicts Rocket as running at the Rainhill trials. (I blame farren :derisive:)