Bachmann DBSO driving brake second open

class37418stag

• RMweb Gold

I’m fortunate to be within 30 minutes drive of Quorn station on the GCR where the Collectors Club held an event today. It gave me an opportunity to renew my membership which had lapsed over the last 2 years for a variety of reasons. 

I spent a great deal of money…but what the heck. My DRS 37 ,still in its box in the loft after 4 years,finally has its train to haul. Absolutely gorgeous…..the full set of Collectors Club pushmepullyu complete with DBSO is now trundling around my tabletop.  Great atmosphere in the marquee at Quorn and many thanks to Bachmann staff for creating such a warm,happy and welcoming occasion. . I felt like the proverbial doggie let off his lead.  I love Bachmann 2F’s.IMHO one of the best rtr series of coaches.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Spelling
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Surprise….

9705 worked the last day of Barrow services back in December 28th 2018, working with 37558 (37424)

31BF50A4-A73C-49D1-B182-D15F8B9BF68B.thumb.jpeg.fc5a1fad58e47ea894f35bcfe1ac2ae6.jpeg

available to buy at the Bachmann event in Quorn yesterday, and were very popular.

1049A84D-2C79-495A-8BF2-58B69480F00A.thumb.jpeg.b22ede3ac87261d7ea4223d27ed5edd1.jpeg

The top light is printed, the lights aren't correct. Despite the faux pas it’s pretty good and fills a much wanted gap. Each comes with a numbered certificate, I doubt these will last long.

49522D79-EE18-44BD-A77A-B7DE8D99F349.thumb.jpeg.35fb05d144449612f8ea5026c62d8324.jpeg

video of last day below…

8BFA03AE-21E6-400E-A0EA-FF8F2A79E90C.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

This does look smart even if slightly not 100% accurate! Do you have to be a Bachmann club member to buy this from them?

Got the NR version on route, hopefully being left with a neighbour of the weather keeps chucking it down!

I've got the Network Rail one and was a little disappointed that the pipes were plain black. On all previous purchases of Mk2F coaches they have all been painted. For the price you would think Bachmann would have had them painted, for the cost of a dab of red and yellow paint.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Pegleg90 said:

This does look smart even if slightly not 100% accurate! Do you have to be a Bachmann club member to buy this from them?

Got the NR version on route, hopefully being left with a neighbour of the weather keeps chucking it down!

Yes..Only if they don’t sell out will they release for general sale. As has been posted above that seems unlikely. The complete Collector’s Club DRS rake of 4 x2F includes the DBSO and is £359.80. Fortunately,I already had the DRS 37 .Current membership stands at £35. No it’s not inexpensive but makes for a complete 21stC  train….with an unusual twist. Very attractive too. Down to you,of course.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
correction
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Pegleg90 said:

yes, though unlike other limiteds, this is of 1000.

They took membership numbers down yesterday when purchasing, .. max 2 per member… cuts down on scalping. They were very popular yesterday, but if your name wasnt down, you werent getting in.

imo the collectors event wasnt as good as last year. Felt like less people, but also less stock on the stall, much of it was leftover from last year. I did notice prices risen (£80 class 90 last year was £90 this year, the SWT 450s were £175 last year, £230 this year, physically damaged).

Also a lot of V1/v3 tanks, J72 and other little black goods 0-6-0 tender engines. Of more recent items, there were a handful of EFE tubes (one guy bought the lot), and a couple of  intercity class 90’s (same guy bought the lot), same guy also bagged several recent release 47’s, a few people commented on this with theories on motives, but I dont know, but the pile on his trolley guarded by his misses was viewed with envy by several.

A lot of people were buying Thomas returns, not my thing personally. A few Western Pullmans on offer too. Several Blue 20’s for £85, with brilliant white leds apparently.. I wish i’d gone for a couple of these, though noted the lighting is wrong for those DRS bodyshells many have spare.

it goes without saying it looks like since last year Bachmann hasnt had many returns, which I guess is good for business.

I spent about half as much as last year, most of that was on a bcc DRS mk2 set and dbso, my Hornby set is now going to be culled. If it were’nt for that my trip would have been sparse. My main shopping list item (150’s to turn into emus, went unfulfilled, ebay would be cheaper source material in the end). Still it was good for the atmosphere, 78018, D123 running, 92214 on display and 48305 on driver training.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 26/06/2022 at 10:49, Paul.Uni said:

Bachmann Collectors Club - BR Mk2F DBSO Refurbished Driving Brake Second Open DRS (Compass),BR Mk2F DBSO Refurbished Driving Brake Second Open DRS (Compass) https://www.Bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk/product/category/144/br-mk2f-dbso-refurbished-driving-brake-second-open-drs-(compass)/39-735kdc

Looks nice, but I just wish they had done it properly, too headlight functioning and corrected lower lights…

ahhh well.

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just put my Hornby converted network rail DBSO up on eBay as I’ve bought the Bachmann one and only this morning I was looking at the rough DRS one I did and was thinking ‘shall I sell that too?’ 

Just ordered the Ltd Ed one so the answer is definitely now ‘yes’, had tk rejoin the collectors club though, didn’t know my membership had ran out hence why I don’t know about the practically new event either or I’d have gone 

6 minutes ago, IamDaniel said:

I know this is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but if anyone knows of anywhere that has a NR DBSO in stock any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Keep an eye out, Rails of Sheffield had some more this afternoon seemingly unexpectedly but they are sold out again now.

1 hour ago, ac1874 said:

Keep an eye out, Rails of Sheffield had some more this afternoon seemingly unexpectedly but they are sold out again now.

Yes, received that email but by the time I'd clicked through they had all gone.

Ive just secured the last DBSO Network Rail one from Cheltenham models. They had one extra on the delivery. Id rang them a week ago and asked if they could keep my number just in case..............RESULT!

It will go well with my new Network Rail 37 from Accurascale

The ebay one has just sold for £280 plus £6 postage. got to be a record that 

Edited by Krieghoff

10 minutes ago, Martin_R said:

Preordered the NR version from Rails when first announced but looks like it’s been way over subscribed and there’s  no way I’m paying eBay prices☹️

Agree entirely Martin. Im sure that Bachmann will do a re-run. These have been way popular than everyone expected

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

A re run will for sure happen given they have the tooling to get the return on investment back on. However thus far we havent seen a re-run of the DRS compass 20/3 that pretty much sold on pre-order too. I guess it's also about slots in the factory etc etc.

One small fear is if there is a re-run at what price will it be in 2023. 10% increase is just default with model railways, even when no one in the wider world heard of the word inflation. Next year could we see 20-25% on models....never say never! I have been told stories of imported beer going up 50% for 2023 (not totally related to model costs of course). DBSO's even discounted could be over £150 but on the bright side less than crazy ebay prices now! 

They have massively under estimated NR demand whilst maybe over estimating AR/IC demand. You could see the NR being the best seller by a mile of course.

Edited by sanspareil
  • Agree 2

As anyone noted that the brake mechanism is missing from the underside centre of the coach. I've got both NR and DRS liveried DBSO's and both are the same. I've checked back on previous MKIIF BSO coaches and the mechanism is there. Looks like an email to Bachmann service to see if they have this molding in stock. 

• Informative/Useful 1

On 30/06/2022 at 13:20, andyman7 said:

There's one being auctioned on ebay right now that has quite frankly got to a bonkers price. Definitely FOMO panic - I suspect a rerun will be in order at some point 

The re-run might have the black end on one DBSO even without the gubbins on the front for the SGT. I think if theres a re-run it will be a different coach. 

4 hours ago, Tony Walker said:

As anyone noted that the brake mechanism is missing from the underside centre of the coach. I've got both NR and DRS liveried DBSO's and both are the same. I've checked back on previous MKIIF BSO coaches and the mechanism is there. Looks like an email to Bachmann service to see if they have this molding in stock. 

Looks like I was wrong with this. The mechanism is missing because it should be there anyway. After a little research and advise from Bachmann themselves.

• Informative/Useful 2