The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

' The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread' ?

BobM

Just for a bit of fun guys.....if it hasn't already been started.....state what you believe to be the best 'thing' that has appeared since 1928.....try to keep to post only items that have appeared since that year to keep it true.....let's see how many we can come up with......and if possible keep it clean...!

Cheers Guys.....

Bob

What's so great about sliced bread? It annoys me when I go in the local supermarket to buy an unsliced loaf, and they've sliced them all and sealed them in plastic bags. I like to be able to cut bread to the best thickness for whatever I want to do with it!

Since we're limited to post 1928, I'd say 'Fried, sliced bread'.  

Prior to 1928,  I'd say 'Fried egg'.

Although, thinking about it, you'd have a job to slice it.

Id say the personal computer. It has allowed thousands upon thousands of people to connect and communicate in situations where it would be impossible otherwise. The world, once so large, has been shrunk with near instant communication. Without which, this thread and the internet it exists on, would not exist.

That or superglue. Stuff will stick damn near anything together.

Best thing since sliced bread? A bread slicer. I bought a food slicer a few years ago and I use it all the time, not just for bread of course.

Seriously, advances in health science must be high on the list. Without that many of us (me included) would have died many years ago.

The humble wellington boot? Revolutionised the working lives of agricultural workers and fishermen, plus any others who had to suffer wet / muddy feet on a regular basis.

Maybe, was this really invented post 1928 though?

Failing that, the motorway network.

No, no, no, NO, NO, NO!

If 'we' hadn't got a motorway network, think how popular and developed the railway networks would be!

Archived