Grim-up-North; Goathland, Queensbury & Bradford.

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, westerhamstation said:

HI Shaun, who needs Mojo when you can build to that quality and finish. All the best Adrian

Thanks! All that sanding I did on the decking paid off, it's heaven to walk on in bare feet!

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

To arouse the mojo, a little structure modeling has been attempted. Shaun's farmhouse was made over 19 years ago in half relief.

(I didn't bother modeling the back). Now it's going to have a new home I knuckled down and got on with it this afternoon.

Nothing special, it's a foamboard box clad in Plastruct stone sheet. Having a tub of scrap off cuts enough bits were found and taped together. The downstairs windows cut out and the section marked out on the back of the building with a sharp knife.   I then carefully cut out the window openings in the house and stuck the plastic walling on.

IMG_2731.jpg.46e28f661a29e73fec2f2f060e657385.jpg

This evening the paint has been applied. (No doubt by now you are familiar with my technique.)

IMG_2732.jpg.cfceb5088d3507e736b43933248999d3.jpg

Here's a couple more images of the layout I neglected to include last time...

Abbey

IMG_2716.jpg.9e2ddbb1c561cb5344c4783db23c860a.jpg

Castle

IMG_2717.jpg.d55b7d7d6949d53b315ee477333de714.jpg

Get around better, get a Lambretta. Black & decker Black & decker Black & decker Black & decker 🤣

IMG_2730.jpg.df9b848c53be0f9c92515d61b90a53b1.jpg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, csiedmo said:

The stonework is looking spot on. Is the farmhouse on the Goathland layout? A tiled roof would be a bit poncy for West Riding tastes.

Cheers,

Ed

Crickey, you know how to scare someone's mojo off.

Good point however! We're just going to have to live with it for the time being as modeling time and funds are rare things of late.

Truth is I don't have the space to fit in the two actual structures that occupy that site. The scene is much changed today, with tall pylons and the owners of the farm have installed a new driveway. The little stable building also seems to have gone.

1464243825_Browlaneandfarm.jpg.6c9e6c033911e70fdd764ac86fc5db8e.jpg

Regards Shaun.  

Correction. The stable building has a new roof.

Looking up Brow Lane towards the old rail bridge over the Qeensbury-Keighley line.

2016101130_Browlaneandfarm2.jpg.b5e6698c2c9b2dd24576985e42fa4885.jpg

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, csiedmo said:

Aw man, I didn't mean to put a downer on things. You can always imagine that the owners got some roofers to travel over from the middle east (York).

Take care,

Ed

You should be able to tell from my avatar that I'm not to be taken too seriously! 

Regards Shaun

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

You should be able to tell from my avatar that I'm not to be taken too seriously! 

Regards Shaun

................      BUT!!!!!!..............           👻    😱          .............      

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, aardvark said:

Waiting for a train here is never a problem.

That's funny you should say that mate.

This one has been on my wish list for 10 years at least. Preserved class4MT 80135, a resident engine of the NYMR.

Riddles Class 4MT tank are a favorite of mine, mainly because these were the last steam engines to use my local station of Falmer.

When the steam had well and truly gone from Brighton, these engines had to bring the Cuckoo Line stock from Eastbourne to Brighton for cleaning. The only steam engines to run on the Brighton to Lewes line in my lifetime! I'm just too young to remember It.

Incidentally I'm only 56 (today🥳) and 80135 was my birthday present. 

Here she is at home on Goathland's Ellerbeck rail bridge.

IMG_2739.jpg.d7714d034319c3f14da611f64fc09cb4.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg.c5ccbfcf2ee1d0acf98e53782ae5e50a.jpg

Regards Shaun

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Regards Shaun

If I met one of those I think I'd take it very seriously...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

If I met one of those I think I'd take it very seriously...

We stumbled across footprints near Lost Creek Lake. Needless to say, we have never felt like going back there. Turns out that the Prospect area has the most bigfoot sightings in the state. After sending the pictures to the Bigfoot field researchers' organization a professor called me who also explained that over 60 people have disappeared there over the years!

Regards Shaun.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, ChrisN said:

Happy Birthday!  Have a good day, or is it yesterday now for you?

Falmer, I have forgotten the number of times I have been to Stanmer Park.

14 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

or the Swan...

Suddenly I'm feeling a bit home sick!

We sometimes use to go down to the Swan for a lunch time pint and also forgotten how many times I've been to Stanmer Park.

Certainly remember a school trip to the parks and gardens nursery there!

Thank you all for the good tidings, you're all so kind!

Regards Shaun. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Big day today. 

First my friend down the road (the one who built the wood mill) isn't well. Type 2 diabetes, luckily he knows me so we're starting him on the low carb-Mediterranean diet. He came to me yesterday after visiting In-And-Out Burger (one of the sources of the Type 2 epidemic) not feeling well and very thirsty. He's a single guy with no idea what a Mediterranean diet is.

This afternoon I have a visitor. Boxerbayrailway of this parish is coming by for a visit.

If you haven't checked out his wonderful thread yet...WHY NOT???

Hope that you're all having a great weekend too.

Regards Shaun.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, steaming_chris said:

This may have been asked before, the construction of “foam board  clad in Plastruct stone sheet”, what type of glue do you use?

PVA or wood glue should work! It helps if the back of the plastic is roughed up a little with course sandpaper!!

Better still is this, a very thick PVA white glue sticks about almost anything to anything else ... 

IMG_2750.jpg.f6f5809943cb36bcca64bc935e71a889.jpg

Everyday wood filler is worth investing in too. Easy for filling in the edges of the window cutouts and joins in the plastic sheets. I keep a damp piece of paper kitchen towel on hand for clean up before it dries!

IMG_2751.jpg.4be3eecdac008d0738a0b249c9d02ce3.jpg

I use Peco track pins to hold the joints in the foam board while the glue dries. (everything has it's uses, even Peco track pins!!)

Happy modeling

Regards Shaun

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

PVA or wood glue should work! It helps if the back of the plastic is roughed up a little with course sandpaper!!

Better still is this, a very thick PVA white glue sticks about almost anything to anything else ... 

IMG_2750.jpg.f6f5809943cb36bcca64bc935e71a889.jpg

Everyday wood filler is worth investing in too. Easy for filling in the edges of the window cutouts and joins in the plastic sheets. I keep a damp piece of paper kitchen towel on hand for clean up before it dries!

IMG_2751.jpg.4be3eecdac008d0738a0b249c9d02ce3.jpg

I use Peco track pins to hold the joints in the foam board while the glue dries. (everything has it's uses, even Peco track pins!!)

Happy modeling

Regards Shaun

Thank you Shaun for your reply.

Regards

• Friendly/supportive 1