• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Northmoor said:

Ooh, that's something I don't remember seeing before; a non-air-con Mk2 in IC livery.  Were the other Mk1s part of a charter set (several 1st in there) or the Northampton Cobbler set, I wonder?

There must have been a few; Accurascale are doing one in OO in that livery. The Mk1s look like InterCity Motorail branded to me. 

Edited by The Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 07/04/2023 at 09:28, franciswilliamwebb said:

sj010811.jpg.e55df58e7a2aa5dbfb227bbf958a0004.jpg

87027 "Wolf of Badenoch" at Coventry on 17/04/87 (my photo)

A great photo Steve. Of much interest to the coaching nerds such as myself is the fact that the Wolf is hauling a West Coast Mk3 Pullman set AND via Coventry instead of the Trent as was usual. There were no booked workings of this stock via that route at the time as far as I recall. The 17th April was also a Friday.

Not sure if anything was causing the Trent Valley to be closed which is a bit embarrassing consideringthat I was a signalman along there at the time. It is possible that Coton Crossing box was being abolished at that time but despite being the last signalman on duty there with my closure entry in the block book being made with the book on the bonnet of my car... I don't recall the closure involving a weekday as it was a fairly small job with only a new diagram being required at Tamworth for the Coton area.

Great photo though. Am enjoying seeing some of your classics again.

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 20/04/2023 at 10:12, franciswilliamwebb said:

sj011125.jpg.ba6214659b3b2413292a97e9aaa9220d.jpg

81017 at Stafford on 28/04/87 (my photo)

That looks like Euston's Motorail set of mostly Mk1 FK vehicles without the carflats. When not in use for Motorail service (it went to Stirling IIRC) as here the set was available for special traffic. 28th April 1987 was a Thursday.

Great photos Steve.  Do you still have access to the old pics that you posted on a different site to your normal one. Sorry that I can't remember the name.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Do you still have access to the old pics that you posted on a different site to your normal one. Sorry that I can't remember the name.

If you're thinking of the OldBuffers lot then no, I sold most of those in the end!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1