Abbotswood junction - Original layout - thread now closed please see Abbotswood and Norton Junctions

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Keep taking the tablets Rich!Hee hee - they are the dogs whatsits for sure....Phil

Hehe ... Think my supply may be running out ... Can feel my wallet complaining at the new Heljan Warships that are out ... Must resist, must resist! Then I see Abbotswood and my temptation increases!

Do you have a list of forthcoming exhibitions for the layout at all? Sorry if I've missed it on the write up ....

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Look forwards to that PaulWhich day are you over - Do you want some operating time?Phil

Hopefully going to be there on the Saturday Phil an I'll happily help out if you want a wander :)

Cheers

• Like 1

We were at the Stow show this weekend - just a short video teaser...

Phil

My 4 year old grandson told me all about seeing a blue Pullman and having a video to show me. Now need to look surprised before I go to Toddington next week.

David

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Ah....he did seem to rather enjoy himself David

It was nice to have a less pressured show at which we could engage with the general public

Shame there isn't a Blue Pullman at Toddington....oh, hang on, diesel gala at the end of July... see us there

Cheers

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Te echamos de Mike! Vuelve pronto

Phillipe

Phillipe volver pronto, (regresar pronto?). Volando sobre el jueves para Railex, lamentablemente va a estar de vuelta antes DEMU por lo que se perdera.

Miguel.

Apologies to any Spanish speakers for murdering the language, I'm still learning.

• RMweb Gold

Phillipe volver pronto, (regresar pronto?). Volando sobre el jueves para Railex, lamentablemente va a estar de vuelta antes DEMU por lo que se perdera.

Miguel.

Apologies to any Spanish speakers for murdering the language, I'm still learning.

Eso es una vergüenza vamos a beber un poco de cerveza para usted en Burton

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Eso es una vergüenza vamos a beber un poco de cerveza para usted en Burton

Phil

No demasiado, no quiero ese tren fabuloso set de llegar a ningun dano.

Mike.

Don't know how to do the thingies over the top of the relevant letters on this keyboard!

• RMweb Gold

No demasiado, no quiero ese tren fabuloso set de llegar a ningun dano.

Mike.

Don't know how to do the thingies over the top of the relevant letters on this keyboard!

¿Conducir borracho? Eso lo dejaré para conductores de tractor hee hee

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Off to DEMU this weekend with Pierre and Jimbo - looking forwards to seeing friends as always, and some good beer hopefully...

Red carded locos and stock from Stow should be good to go except D843 which needs a visit to Swindon for a new sound chip..... have lost a couple of Loksound V4s now, the amps seem to fail

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy

Absolutely - please do!

Just had a good lunch of sausage baps, loading van next then on the road - evening labours this week should mean all our main line signals are now operational and embedded in routes - no more SPADSs!

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

im not sure if phil had too much to drink in burton last night or had lost the will to live this morning but this is the sight that greeted me upon aproaching abbotswood jn just after the doors opened

C8BADE56-5588-468A-8FFF-655C635928E2.jpg

• Like 1

Very much enjoyed Abbotswood at DEMU exbn yesterday, made lots of return visits and every time there was action in abundance....sound locos adding greatly to the interest.

But for me, it is the operation that stands out. Realistic slow running freights, acceleration and deceleration rates spot on. And even the last wagon disappearing into the fiddle yard out of view at the same slow speed.

Well done Phil, and also your team who remain anonymous behind the curtains.

Thanks too for the ECoS demo and letting me have a go too.

Best operated layout in show for me.!!

Bob.

Edited by 250BOB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

It was a pleasure to be there despite the torrid journey up to Burton on Friday - 3 hours for what took one and a half on Sunday to get home.

The layout behaved pretty well with one exception - when sorting out actuation the up main bracket had been installed too close to the up main line and most stock running past fouled it on Saturday - hence Jim's photo of the attempted fettling in progress. At least I was only two feet under at the time. A bit of adjustment on Saturday evening and likewise a repair to one of the cranks on the up loop bracket on Sunday morning meant that we were fully signalled for the first time on Sunday. Standing there watching the signals pull off certainly does it for me although with up and down routes being set at the same time the bobby must be pretty athletic to be leaping around the frame at that speed.

We were so exhausted we didn't leave our accommodation in the evenings but the beer was still pretty good at the local grill house.

John Guy and George kept an eye that we were all ok - and I must say thanks to the committee for inviting us, we had a great time. Also a special thanks to Steve and his partner for the help with unloading and shifting on Friday. Best purchase all weekend? A ten pound fan from Morrisons helped us keep our cool.

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 6