Dapol Class 22

DLPG

Thanks for posting that Andy - it's a beauty :good:

Because the earlier releases had the later 'retro fitted' headcode boxes and only cover a shortish time period, I think these disc headcode jobbies will be even more popular, with some running into 1966/67 in this guise.

'Proper job' !

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for posting that Andy - it's a beauty :good:

Because the earlier releases had the later 'retro fitted' headcode boxes and only cover a shortish time period, I think these disc headcode jobbies will be even more popular, with some running into 1966/67 in this guise.

'Proper job' !

Now all we need is the "headcode box fitted as built" later versions please Dave!

Phil

• RMweb Premium

My disc headcode version arrived from Kernow today. The usual excellent service and a brilliant model. I'll 'get brave' at the weekend and fit the detail packs!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Fitted the skirts and discs to my model this afternoon and posed it with a couple of coaches to see how it looked.

post-5204-0-13891000-1369512180_thumb.jpg

Yes, should have spotted the TOPS panel on the steel mineral in the background, but the "Sixty-three" looks wonderful.

• Like 11

....I approached David Rodgers at Ultrascale to turn a third set of class 22 wheels and fit tyres for P4 running but got a firm no....even by paying a full days wages for the lathe operator....fingers crossed for an alternative solution esp. for when the D6xx Warships arrive. 

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Fitted the skirts and discs to my model this afternoon and posed it with a couple of coaches to see how it looked.

attachicon.gifCopy of DSC_0002.JPG

Yes, should have spotted the TOPS panel on the steel mineral in the background, but the "Sixty-three" looks wonderful.

Cracking job Adrian!

Isnt it always the way though - the camera homes in on the one thing you wish it hadnt????

Phil

No probs Dave. Just realised I was looking at the wrong page (not OO) in the Hatton's ad in MR!! Any recommendations as far as the OO one's concerned (not sound)?... or do you prefer not to say, in which case I understand!

• RMweb Gold

No probs Dave. Just realised I was looking at the wrong page (not OO) in the Hatton's ad in MR!! Any recommendations as far as the OO one's concerned (not sound)?... or do you prefer not to say, in which case I understand!

Alan

I found that the Bachmann 21 pin didnt work in my 22 (original batch) but the TCS one is fine.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Dave,
Just a quick note to say that I'm delighted with my new disc fitted "Baby Warship" (D6326), it's just perfect for Appledore, which I think you saw at the Liverpoool show?

Just one thing, can I claim "the golden anorak award" for noting that as there are electriciation warning flashes on each side, there ought to be a couple on each nose as well? ;-)
Joking aside, Keep up the good work and maybe get around to doing the final production batch as well eventually huh?
cheers,
Bob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's nice to see that disc-fitted versions of the Cl.22 have reached the antipodes via a UK dealer......but have still not reached the Garden of England yet......

I've been bugging my retailer (who confirms that his account with Dapol is in "good standing") for the last week or so but he is still waiting for his stock to arrive from Dapol. Last Thursday he was advised that "they were being sent out as they speak and should be with him soon although everything cannot leave together" but, nearly a week later they still have not arrived....but can get to the antipodes.

Bizarre......

Keith

Not at all bizarre when typical freight handling stages are all of the order of a 24 hour day, and there is no rule that states that a local delivery has fewer stages than a delivery to be made 12,000 miles away. Also the UK had a bank holiday between now and last Thursday, the airlines didn't. Add to which an airfreight shipper working to airline schedule deadlines is necessarily conditioned to being that bit more brisk in pushing through any given consignment...

Which engines ran in blue with small yellow warning panel,I,m buying a green one but will buy a blue syp if released but looking to avoid both having the same running number.thanks

....6327...6314 with headcode boxes.

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

• RMweb Gold

It's nice to see that disc-fitted versions of the Cl.22 have reached the antipodes via a UK dealer......but have still not reached the Garden of England yet......

I've been bugging my retailer (who confirms that his account with Dapol is in "good standing") for the last week or so but he is still waiting for his stock to arrive from Dapol. Last Thursday he was advised that "they were being sent out as they speak and should be with him soon although everything cannot leave together" but, nearly a week later they still have not arrived....but can get to the antipodes.

Bizarre......

Keith

A week has passed since my retailer in Kent was told that his Cl.22s were being sent out "as they speak" but, having spoken to him moments ago, he tells me that they still have not arrived.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The manufacturing side of Dapol can produce some fantastic product but the sales admin people seem to have problems getting the product out to the retailers.....

Keith

Hi Keith,

Without specifics I cannot clarify too much, but Kevin, our sales manager has gone though the current orders and found that out of our 3 stockists in Kent, only 1 stockist has not had their product as that particular shop only ordered 1 item and it didn't make minimum order for carriage paid, and has a standing instruction that if orders don't make minimum shipping (for carriage paid) then whatever it is, is to be held until minimum is reached with further orders.

Now, this isn't to say your stockists still hasn't had their ordered model due to Dapol failure, as they may not have an account with Dapol, preferring to go through a 'cash and carry' if you like for the toy/model trade. In this case I cannot clarify any further as we only deal with the 'C&C' not the end stockist.

Please feel to PM me with details and I might be able to help further if you want.

cheers

Dave

Heres a shot of Greg Brookes's D6327 on Shenston Rd

attachicon.gifD6327 in Shenston Rd platforms..jpg

Paul J.

PS. Just noticed its managed to loose a winscreen wiper in service.

Nice pic Paul. Its amazing what you spot  once posted.I will repace the windscreen wiper before it returns of shed and also do something about those awful buffers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    . 

Greg

Edited by D1047

• RMweb Premium

... and also do something about those awful buffers.

Now it seems nit-picky to mention it, but I have to agree that the buffers are pretty much the only area that lets down Dapol models.

Dave - any chance of some improvements in this area on future productions?

A close look at the prototype will reveal the deficiencies of the current rendition.

Regards,

John Isherwood.