Dapol Class 22

DLPG

This is barely on tpoic, but anyway... Can somebody please explain the sequence of these two pictures....

http://www.railphotoprints.co.uk/index/detail/6011/6326-Exeter-150571-RPCDM100.jpg.html

http://www.railphotoprints.co.uk/index/detail/6010/6326-Exeter-150571-RPCDM099.jpg.html

I guess that they're in order. 6326 comes off Exeter shed onto the up main, but it's blocked by the Warship (831?), which seems to have overrun the home signals. How does 6326 then make its way back onto the platform road?? (I'm sure I'm missing simething...) Meanwhile, 809 was presumably hidden in the headshunt in the first view and is moving forward in the second view...

Thanks,

Bill

831 is standing at the shunt signals on the main. I suspect that it was in front of 6326 on shed and has been moved out of the way to allow the 22 to escape. There is room in front of 831 for 6326 to set back into the platform road. Perhaps 809 is being moved to allow 831 back on shed behind it.

Geoff Endacott

• RMweb Gold

As 809 is in virtually the same place as 6326 was in the upper link it was either in the headshunt or back on the shed when the upper picture of 6326 was taken and is making a move either before or after 6326 was doing whatever it happened to be doing on the entrance to the depot.

I am inclined to the view that in the upper linked pic 6326 is heading on shed (i.e towards the camera) and is being driven from the wrong end - hence the head out of the window looking towards the camera. But it then becomes very difficult to relate this picture to the lower one where 6326 is at the west end of the Up Main platform. I think that it is probably going to shed and that 831 standing on the Up Main at discs 12/13/14 is going to setback (i.e away from the camera) to make headroom for it to cross to the shed - unless 831 does move there's clearly no way that 6326 will be able to get far enough for the road to be reset as 831 is up close to 12/13/14 disc and can clearly be seen to be very close to the cover over 26A FPL (and 26 would be locked by Track Circuit AE although it might, for some reason, have the lever standing normal).

So I wonder if what has actually happened is that 831 and 6326 have setback separately along the Up Main and in the lower picture both are still moving away from the camera while 809 is totally separately doing its own thing. In between the taking of the lower picture and the taking of the upper picture both locos have moved clear of 33 points and 12/13/14 discs and the road has been reset towards the shed and 6326 is seen in the upper picture moving towards the shed while 831 has moved towards the discs ready for them to be cleared for whatever it is going to do next. As part of this conclusion I see that 6326 is obviously being driven from the west end in both pictures which suggests the most important thing in the Driver's mind was to keep clear of 831 once both locos were in rear of 12/13/14 discs. If the Type 2 had been heading towards the Up Main platform in order to head east I would have expected the Driver to be at the east end.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

a quick update on progress of this model.

I have received Deco samples here at Dapol towers, and there are a few elementary mistakes that need correcting, which should be done this week before full production takes place.

These include the wrong grey roof colour, missing overhead warning panels, and correcting the colour of the lower body side 'cheat line'.

Once i have these changes done i will post pictures of the finished approved model for all to see.

cheers

Dave

• Like 15

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

amongst other things, the following are due out in November, according to Dapol's Facebook page:

D1000a OO CLASS 22 BR BLUE D6324 SPLIT BOX FULL YELLOW END

D1000f CLASS 22 BR GREEN D6332 BR GREEN SMALL YELLOW PANEL FT

...and a load more 121s in 'N'.

Cheers,

Ixion.

• RMweb Premium

amongst other things, the following are due out in November, according to Dapol's Facebook page:

With the Kernow weathered 22s now expected "Early 2012"

Hi all,

...and a load more 121s in 'N'.

Cheers,

Ixion.

I think we might be going round in circles here if those are the numbers / livery combinations being released.... D6324 never had full yellow ends in green and we've already been round the houses with D6332!

I think we might be going round in circles here if those are the numbers / livery combinations being released.... D6324 never had full yellow ends in green and we've already been round the houses with D6332!

And just to illustrate your point..................on D6332. Sorry I don't have an image of D6324..only in b&w with the huge boxes on each side but no yellow panel. As it is not my image I can't put it on here.

post-4697-0-91432200-1319557274.jpg

post-4697-0-16295300-1319557332.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's been so long ( 2 1/2 Years) since I ordered mine that I can't remember which one I ordered :scratchhead:

Edited by Pannier Tank

• RMweb Gold

My mistake, but.... D6324 never appeared

in blue either, with or without yellow ends or headcode boxes!

BV - thanks for posting those photos again ;)

And heres D6324 clearly in green http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffsimages/6205364198/ and on the same day but from the opposite angle http://www.miac.org.uk/stored85a.htm - so thats no blue and no full yellow then!

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I had to check - I have this on order from Kernow - weathered - D6323 in BR Green livery with small yellow panel - which seems to be accurate.

Next problem - will there be acceptable sound chips available?

Chris