Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

Charlie / Arran,

Will there be any of the Saltire Liveried 156s available to buy at Model Rail Scotland ??

YES:

But I recommend pre ordering the Sound & DCC Versions as they are running out.

Charlie   (No postage will be charged on Pre-Order collections)

Charlie / Arran,

Will there be any of the Saltire Liveried 156s available to buy at Model Rail Scotland ??

YES:

But I recommend pre ordering the Sound & DCC Versions as they are running out.

Charlie   (No postage will be charged on Pre-Order collections)

It is good to see that the Class 156 seems to be selling really well, it deserves to be a success and it has been. I see the Provincial ones also being very popular when they arrive. I know the site states March arrival but my instincts feel with the delays it will likely be around August.

It is good to see that the Class 156 seems to be selling really well, it deserves to be a success and it has been. I see the Provincial ones also being very popular when they arrive. I know the site states March arrival but my instincts feel with the delays it will likely be around August.

The original Scotrail was 5 months late, thus missing xmas. So we have to raise the funds through sales for the next batch. Thus April + 5 Months in a bit later than you suggest.  Sadly the factory is busy with Warley & Xmas products for then so it probably is later.

Charlie

Still waiting on my order for RT156-112 sound fitted. Order no. 379

Unfortunately the Glasgow show is too far away from Sydney

Peter

Peter, given that I only got mine last week, it seems that Charlie is still sending them out and it will no doubt take longer to reach Sydney.  I can also see why he is running out of tape, as mine was well packaged with plenty of tape having been used.

The only issue that I have with mine is that I bought a DCC Sound fitted version and don't yet have a DCC controller.  Trying to run it in on my club's DC controlled 00 'tail chaser' I have two units that want to go in opposite directions - ie both cars want to go forward (ie away from one another), That meant running each car separately, which looked a little strange.  I think it's just a simple CV change (CV29) to one of the units.  Can anyone advise whether it matters which one is allocated values of 7 and which 14?  

Peter, given that I only got mine last week, it seems that Charlie is still sending them out and it will no doubt take longer to reach Sydney.  I can also see why he is running out of tape, as mine was well packaged with plenty of tape having been used.

The only issue that I have with mine is that I bought a DCC Sound fitted version and don't yet have a DCC controller.  Trying to run it in on my club's DC controlled 00 'tail chaser' I have two units that want to go in opposite directions - ie both cars want to go forward (ie away from one another), That meant running each car separately, which looked a little strange.  I think it's just a simple CV change (CV29) to one of the units.  Can anyone advise whether it matters which one is allocated values of 7 and which 14?

See posts #511 #512 and #513 in this thread. You'll need a DCC system to change CV's...

• RMweb Premium

Charlie

Half of China are on 4 weeks Chinese New Year holidays at the moment s that may mean another delay..shame you can't get liquidated damages for delayed delivery...

Baz

Mine arrived unannounced yesterday,RT156-112 smashing model, but I have an anomaly with the sound decoders.

Using my NCE power pro (5amp) I can change the address to a long one i.e. 1561. 

But when the 156 is stopped, it won't then respond to the move command!

All the lights, sounds etc respond to this long address. But the model will only move if I set the address to the default of 3!!

I've tried a cv8 reset but the same thing happens again.

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Peter

Mine arrived unannounced yesterday,RT156-112 smashing model, but I have an anomaly with the sound decoders.

Using my NCE power pro (5amp) I can change the address to a long one i.e. 1561. 

But when the 156 is stopped, it won't then respond to the move command!

All the lights, sounds etc respond to this long address. But the model will only move if I set the address to the default of 3!!

I've tried a cv8 reset but the same thing happens again.

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Peter

i

I think it has 2 decoders you may have to program each car seperately?

i

I think it has 2 decoders you may have to program each car seperately?

HI All

You do have to program each half separately, Do NOT do them at the same time as it screws up the whole job.

It does say that on the front of the booklet.

Regards Arran

Hi guys,

I did heed the warning on the booklet and programmed the two decoders separately.

I turned off the layout power and gave up for a while.

When I returned to have another go lo and behold the 156 responded to the long address !!!

:scratchhead:

I will try the layout later today and see what happens

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Had a chance to finally have a play with my 156's on a mates layout, they perform very well, smooth, gradients aren't an issue, though one units engine start doesn't start separately as per the manual but no big deal.

Such a shame you made a good product, I now want more 156s lol

post-22343-0-24470700-1518979854_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Had a chance to finally have a play with my 156's on a mates layout, they perform very well, smooth, gradients aren't an issue, though one units engine start doesn't start separately as per the manual but no big deal.

Such a shame you made a good product, I now want more 156s lol

The engines are set as 'Random' which means they will eac one will start differently from time to time.    Charlie

They normally start together, but can go out of sync, but normally start together.  Charlie

I've never had that with my unit, they always start and shut down separately  - first one then the other  - every time.........were they not originally programmed to do this ? 

I'm still waiting for my Barbie one to be sent out/arrive but if its anywhere near as good as the Spotrail one I have then it will have been worth the wait :)

PM me with your full details please.  to Charlie@dckits.co.uk

Email sent :)

I have sent out over 450, still more to go.   Running out of tape!!!

Hi Charlie, I've still not had a reply, I sent an email as requested and waited 3 weeks before sending another but still nothing? Is there a problem. I've checked both spam and junk folders and i have your email set as friendly and there is definitely nothing. I know you are busy packing stuff and doing shows and I don't want to be one of those people who pester you when you're busy but I thought when you asked me to message you, that i would have heard back within a month, So I thought i'd ask here since I see you've commented on here recently, just incase you haven't got my emails :)

Hi Charlie, I've still not had a reply, I sent an email as requested and waited 3 weeks before sending another but still nothing? Is there a problem. I've checked both spam and junk folders and i have your email set as friendly and there is definitely nothing. I know you are busy packing stuff and doing shows and I don't want to be one of those people who pester you when you're busy but I thought when you asked me to message you, that i would have heard back within a month, So I thought i'd ask here since I see you've commented on here recently, just incase you haven't got my emails :)

What's the name and Town...Charlie

Edited by charliepetty

Charlie,

Are you still posting them out? Still not had my card debited....

Just getting concerned you sell all the remaining ones at model rail Scotland and there is a problem with my two orders for 4 156’s.....

Andrew

Edited by Andy Mac

Your Class 156 was sent signed for on 26/09/17 and signed for by J Webster.    Tracking Number is GK489370005GB

That was my Spotrail one its my Barbie one that im waiting for that was preordered on the same day (the day they were first announced i think) and when i spoke to you on the phone last year for payment of the Spotrail one you actually mentioned my Barbie one (RT156-114 i in plain DC) would be available later (without me asking you about it)

That was my Spotrail one its my Barbie one that im waiting for that was preordered on the same day (the day they were first announced i think) and when i spoke to you on the phone last year for payment of the Spotrail one you actually mentioned my Barbie one (RT156-114 i in plain DC) would be available later (without me asking you about it)

You will have to ring me next week, Tues,or Wednesday only to discuss the order,    Charlie