The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

What did you get for Christmas?

Titan

Well the beautiful model I got for last Christmas.... I've still got her!

So this is a very special day, where I celebrate the anniversary of one of the most special events that ever happened - that's right, the day we first met!

I think there was also some bloke born in a stable somewhere but lets get things in perspective...

So what did you get?

Woken up at 0513, by my children, who had already found and consumed enough chocolate to fuel a rocket to the moon by that time. They are still going strong; swmbo and myself are flagging!

So, Titan, you now know what the future holds ......

Merry Christmas!

Kevin

• RMweb Gold

All together now

Four transit vans

Three Ladybird books

Two pairs of Boxers

And a Bachmann XP64.....

Woo hoo good old Santa! And a lovely Xmas hug from Mrs B, plus a fantastic framed historic railway map of Abbotswood Junctions from Pierre Le Brun, Pat and Plato...

Transit vans in stock for those Oxford car flats - that's two wagon loads to hand ready and waiting.

Ladybird books of Red Tape, The Meeting and The cat - plus The Famous 5 do Brexit hee hee - apparently Timmy would not have been so keen to vote for Brexit if he had fully appreciated the variety of Saussicons available on the Continent...sounds like our Captain K should have given him a talking to!

Turkey in and cooking, a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape will be breathing shortly, guests arriving around 1....a great day in prospect. But think I shall be robbing a sound chip from another 47 to go in D1733 later....

Happy Christmas all....

Phil

Thanks very much one and all

• RMweb Gold

Woken up at 0513, by my children, who had already found and consumed enough chocolate to fuel a rocket to the moon by that time. They are still going strong; swmbo and myself are flagging!

So, Titan, you now know what the future holds ......

Merry Christmas!

Kevin

Been there, got the Tshirt.....!!!

But still a special time - enjoy!

Phil

Continuing the theme

Four books in total

Three family from afar staying for Christmas

Two of the books are "The Book of the Great Northern Vols 1 & 2" (Yes I know about the caption errors but the pictures are superb !!)

One Marsden DVD "County Durham"

No models this year  :no:

Kids are happy, and that's the main thing. Just about to re-arrange the Kitchen. Wife in cooking mode.

We're having a Turkey, Roast Spuds etc and a Thai buffet.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy Christmas one and all - even if your on your own - HAPPY XMAS

Brit15

Nothing yet

Me and Mrs SM42 eschewed the traditional present opening yesterday (we're like the royal family here, you know, do all that on Christmas Eve don't you know) on account of a night shift and have postsponed till today sometime.

Probably the usual round of chocolate, biscuits and beer. ( three of the major food groups and I don't keep a body looking this good without them) but there are some interesting looking shapes under that tree.

If I get chance and am sober enough later I will report back.

Wesolych swiat, Merry Christmas all.

Andy

Family present to ourselves - an apricot-point Siamese kitten*, Theoni, all the way from Stranraer, brought her home on Friday.   :angel:

Van floor and panel carpeting, insulation, downlighters and headliners for the VW T5 project; present to myself !   :sungum:

Hybrid bike, another present to myself!   :onthequiet:

* - I'm typing one handed, because she's asleep on my left forearm, and I'm supposed to be prepping the sprouts for dinner!

• RMweb Gold

Three tins of French soap

Two bars of choc'late

And a flame re-ed Clio Estate.

The soap is from Sherry's daughter, and may be a hint. The choc will be gone soon, and the car is still to be delivered in France. Not sure they sell that model in the UK.

No Peckett.

[No Zeppelin either, sadly, but more than enough other nice things.]

One will appear on preorder, and it just missed the post. At least the supplier got enough models, so I'm lucky. (It's only really annoying in that I was going to try out its vaunted running quality on That set of points before their imminent replacement, but their time has come.)

• RMweb Premium

An ACME pack of three FS inter city coachehs in HO, very nice it is too. An honorable mention to C&M models who shipped immediately so I got it the day after ordering, not bad for an order less than a week until Christmas.

Time off work to spend with my family.

Oh and a Bachmann NSE 2-EPB My gift to me, Bachmann NSE 205 Thanks Dad and Wifey

and a surprise  delivery of  the Hornby H&P Peckett on weds.

Happy Christmas all and best wishes for the new year

Trailrage

My dear lady gave me a Proxxon pantograph engraver, which I can't wait to play with.....

Why do you want to engrave a pantograph?

Nobody will be able to read it!

Yes I do know what you mean, and that is a very nice present, enjoy.

Myself-

I got a banger blue Thumper and a couple of other models all ex-Warley. plus a Tornado and a P2 trainset (I bought the Tornado one by accident thinking it was the P2), plus the usual clothes, slippers,fancy beers etc

My first train set for about 35 years!

• RMweb Premium

A new book recently published from the good lady.

"Britains Declining Secondary Railways through the 1960s"

And I like many others treated myself to the new Hornby model of the Peckett

Archived