The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

What did you get for Christmas?

Titan

• RMweb Gold

The pleasure of seeing SWMBO's delight when she eventually took the last layer off a very overwrapped present which started off at about 30"x15" but contained just an envelope containing a voucher for a glider experience day. :yes:

I like it - Mrs Stationmaster's voucher for a half day handling & flying birds of prey was only wrapped in three layers although two of them were considerably larger (in plan) than the final contents.

Dear All,

Sitting here on Boxing Day Night contemplating on this. Fortunately my two sons came to the rescue yesterday with 2 sets Bachmann coal wagons -3 in NCB livery and the other 3 as weathered private owner wagons based in the Chesterfield area whichare ideal for my Bakewell layout project.

And the icing or should I say marzipan on the Christmas cake arrived on the 23rd Dec, a sneaky present to myself- a laser cut and fully detailed mdf kit of Bakewell station main building.  The CAD drawings were produced by my brother in law in the USA and were e mailed to York model making's laser cutting services last week.  I now have a full set of laser cut doors, windows, canopy details etc all ready to assemble in the New Year. Finally my layout will have the 4mm scaled building it deserves. Have been waiting nearly 9 months for this (like giving birth). A big thank you to my brother in law for his Christmas present in producing the kit

So New Year beckons full of promise and a completed station. Will post some pictures in time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody,

Rob

So far I've received 6 of the 8 items I bought, and gave to people to give to me for Christmas.
Further, I've received the cost I expended on 5 of the items....

At least I get what I would like for Christmas, oh and various Amazon Gift Vouchers........

Though there's still the odd tin of Shortbread Biscuits, Socks, gaudy tie, etc.,  and a bottle of 'Kings Ginger Liqueur' (again) from the local Jazz Club - No I can't see the connection either.

BUT at least this year I haven't received any raffia home-made gifts from local Craft-Fair's (or Fayres), so a bonus.

One surprise item was an umbrella, the one somebody took from the foyer of our local Chapel a couple of months ago. No name, no pack-drill as they say. Still, at least I have the umbrella back, but from a.n.other. :O

However, a week before Christmas I went down with a mild dose of flu (Yes, I did have a flue jab at the end of October) and drinking Beer and/or Cider seems to be alien at present. Hopefully I will come round, but back in 1998 I had 'proper Flu' and I haven't been able to have milk in tea or coffee ever since. ......and I have a large stock (circa 70 bottles) of various bottled craft ales, porter etc., in the scullery awaiting attention at present, and 18 litres of 'Crumpton Oaks Cider' (£2 for 2 litres in Morrisons) awaiting consumption.

• RMweb Gold

One pair of slippers,

One rugby shirt,

One outdoor (shed) shirt,

And metal guillotine!

I'm happy and so is Mrs C, with her earrings and necklace.

A belated Happy Christmas to all, a peaceful and healthy New Year.

Cheers, (raising my wine glass),

Aidan.

• RMweb Gold

The pleasure of seeing SWMBO's delight when she eventually took the last layer off a very overwrapped present which started off at about 30"x15" but contained just an envelope containing a voucher for a glider experience day. :yes:

Got to have a bit of fun hee hee

SWMBO's presents contained a lot of shredded tissue Christmas snow - someone had to hoover it up!

post-7138-0-15079000-1482786552_thumb.jpg

Living dangerously!

Phil

Got to have a bit of fun hee hee

SWMBO's presents contained a lot of shredded tissue Christmas snow - someone had to hoover it up!

attachicon.gifDSC00910.JPG

Living dangerously!

Phil

Tho

That vacuum cleaner looks like it's from the same period as diesel-hydraulics............ :scratchhead:

I was thinking she'd just unwrapped it. Now that would be living dangerously.

Me, I have a pair of Le Chameau wellies, new waxed jacket, a set of Springsteen CDs from the shows we were at in 2016, A Hornby Sentinel Hydraulic and a boot liner for the car (that one's the dog's really, she'll get the most use out of it!).

• RMweb Gold

That vacuum cleaner looks like it's from the same period as diesel-hydraulics............ :scratchhead:

Never checked but probably pre dates them - and me - Peter!

The Dyson blew all the tinsel off the tree so was banned....and makes an awful noise too.

Phil

My son in law thought it appropriate to present me with a set of four Hip Hop CD's in honour of my forthcoming hip op. Despite my ability to see puns readily and having a good sense of humour, this didn't resonate with me or Ian!

• RMweb Premium

I know I shouldn't ungrateful - there are so many people who have nothing and i have lots - but nevertheless........  Yes, another large, brightly coloured expensive coffee-table type book dealing with trains all over the world.  Relatives who know I like railways sometimes come up with books of that nature - you all know the type - and unfortunately I've now become so niche in my railway interests that such books are of little interest to me.  Nearest and Dearest know better and I'm consulted before any railwayana is bought.

As the above paragraph makes me sound a bit of a miserable git, it's perhaps appropriate that I also got the latest (and last) Leonard Cohen CD. Also a box of Thorntons toffee, and a very nice bottle of malt whisky.

DT

So far I've received 6 of the 8 items I bought, and gave to people to give to me for Christmas.

Further, I've received the cost I expended on 5 of the items...

The individual in our extended family who was forever at the centre of this gift for disorganisation (it extended to many other spheres of activity and operated at full power over the Christmas holiday) was abruptly 'exed' earlier this year, so no longer participating: and a fun time was had by all. The joyous realisation is of course that this will be the gift that goes on giving...

Didn't the "Hoovers" replace the "Hydraulics" !!

Brit15

Oi!! You're barred!!!

Another wee Amazon missile has just magically appeared, containing two classic Ferrari Dino books and a late running DVD for Mrs.Guv. I'm losing track of what we've both ordered now.... time for a brew with a nip of medicinal tincture!

My son in law thought it appropriate to present me with a set of four Hip Hop CD's in honour of my forthcoming hip op. Despite my ability to see puns readily and having a good sense of humour, this didn't resonate with me or Ian!

I apologise to you but I would find that very funny.

Good luck with the op when the time comes.

Well no it shouldn't, should it because hip hop is no more than acoustic manure!

Archived