TRAINWEST 2017 - 8 & 9 April

Geoff Endacott

• RMweb Gold

Black Country Blues is planning on at 13.00 departure.. So with you about 15.30 - 16.00.

Andy

If you find yourself driving down any Devonshire roads, you've gone too far...

You give up too easily.

Chris

This might be true, but. This show is about 94 miles away for me, a 188 mile trip all round. Lots of petrol and a certain amount of dedication. (I've never understood why people complain about the cost of show entry, the cost of getting there far exceeds it).

Having got there I run the risk of being drawn into a conversation the like of which we have seen on here. Just standing there minding my own business and enjoying the fruits of someone's labour, skill and imagination, then the bloke next to me starts up a loony tunes chat that seems to be common in the Bentley Group. I don't know you too well Chris, just two brief conversations, but I wonder how you would cope with the embarrassment. I'd just corpse to use a thespian term. Rather not, thanks.

The Bentley Group isn't so unusual either. People have barmy, utterly crazy, chats, and don't understand that RMweb is a public place. It's more public than most of us ever have to experience elsewhere. I think that the Bentley Group and others should bear that in mind before that commit their thoughts to cyberspace. As for tomorrow, it's going to be a lovely spring day, I believe and I'll be doing something else.

Thanks for your intervention!

• RMweb Gold

PB, you are entitled to your opinions about pointless posts, they are a form of banter between friends in a public arena.

Just so you know, I'll be making a 400 mile round trip tomorrow to help operate BCB, and would have loved to have heard your views on the layout.

Stu

Having got there I run the risk of being drawn into a conversation the like of which we have seen on here. Just standing there minding my own business and enjoying the fruits of someone's labour, skill and imagination, then the bloke next to me starts up a loony tunes chat that seems to be common in the Bentley Group. I don't know you too well Chris, just two brief conversations, but I wonder how you would cope with the embarrassment. I'd just corpse to use a thespian term. Rather not, thanks.

People have barmy, utterly crazy, chats, and don't understand that RMweb is a public place. It's more public than most of us ever have to experience elsewhere. I think that the Bentley Group and others should bear that in mind before that commit their thoughts to cyberspace. As for tomorrow, it's going to be a lovely spring day, I believe and I'll be doing something else.

Be careful leaving the house; you may encounter humans.

This might be true, but. This show is about 94 miles away for me, a 188 mile trip all round. Lots of petrol and a certain amount of dedication. (I've never understood why people complain about the cost of show entry, the cost of getting there far exceeds it).

The Bentley Group isn't so unusual either. People have barmy, utterly crazy, chats, and don't understand that RMweb is a public place. It's more public than most of us ever have to experience elsewhere. I think that the Bentley Group and others should bear that in mind before that commit their thoughts to cyberspace. As for tomorrow, it's going to be a lovely spring day, I believe and I'll be doing something else.

Thanks for your intervention!

Ah well more room for my rucksack.

Well, I shall brave the banter and run the risk of being spoken to as I'm planning to attend on Sunday. Not visited Trainwest previously and am very much looking forward to it.

• RMweb Premium

BCB all set up and ready to go, just two important tasks to attend to first. Breakfast and the small matter of filling the fiddle yards with some rolling stock.

Do come and say hello if you're visiting, banter optional.

post-6677-0-18652400-1491632290_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

These truly pointless posts really put me off going to shows. There're just a pain in the neck. Perhaps I'll see BCB some other time.

What a shame. Clearly there is no correlation between our cheery and meaningless banter and the experience of the show. I wont swy more as the show is building well with some great looking layouts and we should try to remain positive. Andy

• RMweb Premium

BCB all set up and ready to go, just two important tasks to attend to first. Breakfast and the small matter of filling the fiddle yards with some rolling stock.

Do come and say hello if you're visiting, banter optional.

attachicon.gif2017-04-08_07-13-24.jpg

You did take the other boards didn't you? Andy's cottages look good in that shot...

I can now report that Saturday at Trainwest has seen a record non-attendance of more than seven billion people.

Geoff Endacott

And they all wanted to stand around the same layout, usually whichever one I was at......

• RMweb Gold

Well my three trains all ran on time, an unadvertised non-connection (too short time wise) at Reading not only worked but allowed time to purchase a pasty - a longer connection in the return journey allowed time to purchase MRJ254 but I'm in the wrong thread to talk about that of course.  Oh and the free 'bus ran punctually in both directions.  The venue public catering included some excellent bread pudding (thank you ChrisF) and much conversation took place with various RMweb members. My three trains homeward bound also all ran on time so well done GWR and thank you NR for giving me a good laugh looking at the chaotic state of your electrification works during my journeys.

And there was of course the layouts - now Mr (Trainwest) Endacott of this parish does seem to be rather clever at getting hold of some bl**dy good layouts for his not so little show and he seems to have pulled it off yet again with some really good ones even if the name of one of them seems to change every time you pick up a different magazine.  I shall refrain from mentioning my favourites as the list would be too long but the mix was enjoyably catholic (in the other, non-religious meaning of that word) even if my eardrums suffered in one room.

So thanks Geoff - great show (as ever and as expected) and having paid at the door I shall now try to carefully secrete my ticket somewhere it will not be forgotten ready for Trainwest 2018.

Enjoyed the show and didn't seem too crowded today although plenty of cars in the field. No problem viewing any of the exhibits and most were performing well with only a little finger prodding!! :) Good trade support although with a good model shop (Alton Model Centre) close to home that's not why I go to shows. Quality exhibits with realistic and reliable running is what I look for and this show certainly had that. Well done all.

Probably my favourite show of the year ................ and am too busy playing trains in East London all weekend !!!

Missing the Chobham Bus museum Spring rally too tomoz .............. been properly bowled this weekend    :banghead:

Would appreciate a few layout piccies if anyone could be so kind thank you :good:

• RMweb Gold

A great day at TrainWest yesterday, hope the gremlins that appeared on BCB are not around today.

Definitely worth a visit, lots of people having sensible conversations, though I was careful not to get involved in these.

Archived