Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

Don’t think that’s a diffuser or anything, I’d think it more likely Bachmann thought this retained dominoes or in fact, that have no way of simulating the LEDS

No excuse for Bachmann not using White rather than Yellow Led's - they were originally quite expensive, but not nowadays - shown to good effect here...............

http://s374444733.websitehome.co.uk/class-37colas/

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As a silly question, but why is a retailer in Leighton Buzzard getting North Eastern area models? You'd think there would be a link between a rep's sales area and any region specific model. Shouldn't that be one of the selling points - local models available in the local areas.

I remember years ago at an exhibition in the South East where a retailer from "up North" had managed to sell all his London area bus models accumulated over several years because his locals weren't interested in operators from "down south".

Edited by brushman47544

As a silly question, but why is a retailer in Leighton Buzzard getting North Eastern area models? You'd think there would be a link between a rep's sales areas and any region specific model.

I remember years ago at an exhibition in the South East where a retailer from "up North" had managed to sell all his London area bus models built up over several years because his locals weren't interested.

Not a silly question, These are from my Rep who does the eastern region for Bachmann, as far as im aware no other rep has these yet  or wagon pack for his / her region

( So the rep in question covers Sheffield across to Hull,  as far south as me following the M1 as like border line and then going over to eastern side of England aka Lincoln / Norfolk etc ) - I could be wrong ....

Edited by AGR Model Store

As a silly question, but why is a retailer in Leighton Buzzard getting North Eastern area models? You'd think there would be a link between a rep's sales area and any region specific model. Shouldn't that be one of the selling points - local models available in the local areas.

I remember years ago at an exhibition in the South East where a retailer from "up North" had managed to sell all his London area bus models accumulated over several years because his locals weren't interested in operators from "down south".

It's Eastern rather than North Eastern. The North East is covered by the Northern rep.

Jason

let the gouging commence, especially as many reatilers still have these in stock at the normal price! LINK

Lol that person has been trying to sell those for over a month now, started off with 6 and still has 6 LMAO...guess he'll never learn considering you can still get those for RRP.

• Like 2

Lol that person has been trying to sell those for over a month now, started off with 6 and still has 6 LMAO...guess he'll never learn considering you can still get those for RRP.

amazing!!! I'd never expect that to be a model you'd make a killing on ... Heljan had already produced the same loco so there must be a lot in circulation!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The Home Counties Sales Area Exclusive COLAS livery 47727 Rebecca (32-816NF) is apparently due for imminent release.

post-3868-0-89693000-1520609258.jpg

The counties included in the retail area are listed here: http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/03/colas-class-47-sales-area-exclusive/

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I thought somewhere reported that Rep models this year were largely Class 37s ... seems to be a flood of 47s all coming out together. I hope this doesn't lead to more of them sitting on shop shelves for longer!!

martinC37LG has posted on another thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/129246-Bachmann-incoming-december-2017/?p=3079808 that both 47209 and 47444 which are standard releases are both sold out at Bachmann. This might suggest that the batches for these locos are somewhat smaller than previously. This might also explain why there are so many limited editions coming out together; the usual number of models have been produced but spread over many more liveries.

As to the 37s, I seem to remember reading that too, but looking at the Bachmann website there are no standard release 37s due before the summer. So these 47s are seen as a way of keeping up the interest.

martinC37LG has posted on another thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/129246-Bachmann-incoming-december-2017/?p=3079808 that both 47209 and 47444 which are standard releases are both sold out at Bachmann. This might suggest that the batches for these locos are somewhat smaller than previously. This might also explain why there are so many limited editions coming out together; the usual number of models have been produced but spread over many more liveries.

As to the 37s, I seem to remember reading that too, but looking at the Bachmann website there are no standard release 37s due before the summer. So these 47s are seen as a way of keeping up the interest.

47444 isn't coming all that far behind 47436 which has still been available until recently in the same livery but with detail differences so I'm not entirely surprised if thats a smaller production run but I would have expected 47209 to be popular

there certainly have been a lot of Class 47 options recently to tempt!

47444 isn't coming all that far behind 47436 which has still been available until recently in the same livery but with detail differences so I'm not entirely surprised if thats a smaller production run but I would have expected 47209 to be popular

there certainly have been a lot of Class 47 options recently to tempt!

You could argue 209 is the same livery as 359 which is still available - only needs logos changing

I pre ordered the Colas Ltd Ed 47 from The Hobby Store in Faversham about a year ago and they emailed earlier this week to say it was due into them this week and would be sent out later this week

Thanks

Mark

I pre ordered the Colas Ltd Ed 47 from The Hobby Store in Faversham about a year ago and they emailed earlier this week to say it was due into them this week and would be sent out later this week

Thanks

Mark

They have emailed today to say they are in tomorrow so hopefully by Friday they will be on our doorsteps. I've not used them before but have got to say they have been very good at updating progress.