Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

• RMweb Premium

I was under the impression that 47628 was due this month...

Not according to Bachmann

Actually yes; announced as arriving in the Spring by Bachmann in February and will almost certainly have been made at the same time as the other 47s arriving now - they won’t set up a production line for 47s and then only do some before doing more later - something seems off. Perhaps they’re waiting for the etched plates?

Actually yes; announced as arriving in the Spring by Bachmann in February and will almost certainly have been made at the same time as the other 47s arriving now - they won’t set up a production line for 47s and then only do some before doing more later - something seems off. Perhaps they’re waiting for the etched plates?

No, plates are done found that out a few weeks back as they say Kernow on them

I'll post a pic of the leaflet with the dates that Bachmann had today when I get home - see attached

post-15994-0-69342900-1521911849.jpg

Edited by girlinb
  • Like 1

Not a dealer rep model but 47245 of West Coast Railways has not appeared yet either unlike the other catalogue 47s. Anyone know why?

So 47714 is due out in July August as a sound fitted version? I wonder if this means not all 500 were originally offered and some have been held back for release as a sound version.

Yes I think they said something like 150

• RMweb Premium

Not a dealer rep model but 47245 of West Coast Railways has not appeared yet either unlike the other catalogue 47s. Anyone know why?

Indeed - supposedly on the boat with the other releases. I can understand Bachmann not distributing all the new 47s at exactly the same time, but if there are suddenly months of delay it would be interesting to know why.

• RMweb Gold

Ordered yesterday from Roxley Models Surrey at SRP arrived today with next day free delivery.

Great model and great service. Running her in now before fitting sound and weathering....

• RMweb Gold

Are there any known problems with Bachmann 47 drive trains? Having run my 'Rebecca' in last week i started using it to pull a few wagons this morning and after a few runs it now has a graunching sound as it stops as if the gears are grinding over themselves. Sounds like the drive train is on the way out. As it is brand new and fiddling with fine parts in modern model mechanicals is now my speciality, I will seek a replacement but wondered if this is a known issue?

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Does anyone know anywhere that is selling 47727 "Rebecca" cheaper than £154.50?

Thank you very much in advance.

Google the Bachmann stock number and it brings up various sellers

• RMweb Premium

Thank you to Classy52, Big Jim and MRDBLUE17 that replied to query a few weeks. I really appreciate it. 

So will a cocktail stick definitely remove the printed nameplates off of 805 without damaging the paintwork? 

Just clarifying because I have never removed printed nameplates before, just renumbered locos. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just removed the nameplates from a Bachmann 47834 Firefly.

A little gentle scraping with a cocktail stick it started flaking off.

Job finished in minutes, not a trace of the plate and not even too hard scratching, (I could have left it as an unnamed example), but instead did 47831 Bolton Wanderer, the plates are mounted in a different location, not that you’d notice it was originally a 47834.

Hornby locos are an entirely different proposition, they are double printed and much tougher to remove using a cocktail stick alone.

• RMweb Premium

What you want is something like a blunt screwdriver that can carefully scratch the plate off. Have to admit, that 47805 is one I would leave as is... 

I’ve just removed the nameplates from a Bachmann 47834 Firefly.

A little gentle scraping with a cocktail stick it started flaking off.

Job finished in minutes, not a trace of the plate and not even too hard scratching, (I could have left it as an unnamed example), but instead did 47831 Bolton Wanderer, the plates are mounted in a different location, not that you’d notice it was originally a 47834.

Hornby locos are an entirely different proposition, they are double printed and much tougher to remove using a cocktail stick alone.

47831 is one I plan on doing with a Virgin 47 when I get round to getting one - as the lights are the wrong style on one end for 47814.  :O

Thank you for the replies and the help. I really appreciate it. 

I just didn't want to damage the paintwork but I'm now feeling a lot more confident that I won't. 

Hopefully I'm going to have 818 to go with 805. 

Thanks again. 

Are there any known problems with Bachmann 47 drive trains? Having run my 'Rebecca' in last week i started using it to pull a few wagons this morning and after a few runs it now has a graunching sound as it stops as if the gears are grinding over themselves. Sounds like the drive train is on the way out. As it is brand new and fiddling with fine parts in modern model mechanicals is now my speciality, I will seek a replacement but wondered if this is a known issue?

Thanks.

There was someone who had an issue on here with a silver jubilee 47. He did manage to fix it. As with all these sorts of things it’s trying not to break anything while getting to the bits that’s the problem. I would try and exchange it while there are still some Rebecca’s in circulation