RMweb

Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

Happy new year to everyone, just wondering if anyone knows then the Dapol Class 68's will be available ?

Also on the DCC fitted will there be cab lightsarrow-10x10.png fitted?

Many thanks,

Best,

Chris

Early to mid-Jan is the best estimate. Production started in early December. So all that plus shipping and clearing customs means it's probably mid-Jan. There's some info on the Dapol Digest.

• RMweb Gold

Does anybody know how much the DRS limited edition 68001 will be?

Cheers,

Mick

Just ordered and received a loco from the DRS shop - bundled with a calendar wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap and brown paper (quite torn on collection). The loco seems to be ok but hopefully they will improve their packaging before the 68's arrive. I will be emailing as it wasn't ideal.

Just ordered and received a loco from the DRS shop - bundled with a calendar wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap and brown paper (quite torn on collection). The loco seems to be ok but hopefully they will improve their packaging before the 68's arrive. I will be emailing as it wasn't ideal.

That's far from ideal... that's one thing that really bugs me when locos arrive in bubble wrap and brown paper. Bubble wrap And cardboard box for 68001 please!

Hello, 

Based on reading the DCC post on Dapol Digest it comes with a 4 function recorder, I'm thinking of buying a 6 function decoder, which would anyone suggest? Digest recommends "Loksound, TCS X suffix, Zimo D suffix" 

Half tempted to stick with the 4 function supplied but really fancy that full control of the lights that you get with 6.

Cheers

Ali

That's not my reading of the post - I thought I understood to be that the factory fitted decoder would be 6 function but if I were to source my own I would have to source a 6 function decoder and might have to re-map some of the functions myself.  As a result I decided life was too short and paid the extra for factory fitted... you're causing me to question my understanding of what Dapol said now... 

That's not my reading of the post - I thought I understood to be that the factory fitted decoder would be 6 function but if I were to source my own I would have to source a 6 function decoder and might have to re-map some of the functions myself.  As a result I decided life was too short and paid the extra for factory fitted... you're causing me to question my understanding of what Dapol said now... 

The Dapol Digest statement definitely sais its a four function decoder being fitted, which is probably adequate for most modellers.

Hi Matt, 

Sorry if I've caused confusion, just re-read it all plus the scanned pages Dapol put up, am I correct in reading it that it all can be controlled with some adjustment of the switches and possibly changing some CV's? 

Regards

Ali